The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Accessory drive brakcets with L99 water pump (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=687446)

solidaxel 11-09-2015 09:25 AM

Re: Accessory drive brakcets with L99 water pump

Quote:

Originally Posted by aod92 (Post 7369378)
I used the ls simple bracket on my motor and I love it. It came all assembled too so it's really easy to install.

Thanks I guess I do not know what I am looking at!

Maybe I am seeing a idler pulley and not a PS pump

Thanks

FarmerSid 11-09-2015 06:31 PM

Solid, Go to the LS Simple web site and look under the the truck kits. there you will see with or without PWR steering pump.

aod92 11-09-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidaxel (Post 7369791)
Thanks I guess I do not know what I am looking at!

Maybe I am seeing a idler pulley and not a PS pump

Thanks

Correct it's an idler pulley. No ps pump on my motor. Call ls simple and the owner will let you know exactly what you'll need. He's very helpful and has great customer service!

67chevy1series 11-09-2015 09:35 PM

Aod92 does your water pump work with the truck crank pulley? Meaning does the belt line up from the water pump pulley to the truck crank pulley? (That is assuming you crank pulley is from a truck)

aod92 11-09-2015 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chevy1series (Post 7370697)
Aod92 does your water pump work with the truck crank pulley? Meaning does the belt line up from the water pump pulley to the truck crank pulley? (That is assuming you crank pulley is from a truck)

Yes it does. I'm using a truck crank pulley with a f-body water pump. The water pump has spacers behind it that ls simple also supplied. The spacers even have a threaded port for the steam vent tubes.

izzy_Britton 11-10-2015 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chevy1series (Post 7364904)
Thanks for the tip, just checked out there website and I really like this kit!

I am unable to locate this kit on the lssimple website. what is the price you found? i like that!

TIA

-Izzy

67chevy1series 11-10-2015 06:22 PM

I liked that kit until something was brought to my attention, the belt doesn't have much wrap on the crank pulley and power steering, could shorten the life of the belt and make a mess

roushinator 11-11-2015 02:30 PM

this is what i used.... I have a 2014 L99

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...17037A61BA.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...20C10/DD-1.jpg

Hart_Rod 11-13-2015 10:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Holley setup on a LS1 and a LS3

FarmerSid 11-13-2015 10:53 AM

Very nice setups. I don't get why the A/C compressor and ALT are so wide compared to the high dollar Vintage Air, Billet Specialties or March Performance setups. Holley and Dingo make some nice, affordable stuff but wish they would tuck things in much closer.

izzy_Britton 11-13-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerSid (Post 7374937)
Very nice setups. I don't get why the A/C compressor and ALT are so wide compared to the high dollar Vintage Air, Billet Specialties or March Performance setups. Holley and Dingo make some nice, affordable stuff but wish they would tuck things in much closer.

EXACTLY!

I have not got my engine out of the donor yet, but I am wondering what sort of modifications can be made to keep everything tight still use the a/c pump.

-Izzy

Hart_Rod 11-13-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerSid (Post 7374937)

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzy_Britton (Post 7374947)
EXACTLY!

I have not got my engine out of the donor yet, but I am wondering what sort of modifications can be made to keep everything tight still use the a/c pump.

-Izzy

The Holley/Dirty Dingo/Allan grove brackets are all designed for simple and somewhat cheaper installation using mostly factory components. You can piece it together and pick and choose whether you want AC or PS, kind of a modular design with an economical price.

Vintage Air/BS and March to a degree started building brackets for early year high end streetrods (20s/30s/40s) that required a compact design and some one-off components. They weren't made with economy of price in mind. You pretty much have to buy their whole kit and you can't just run down to the parts store to buy replacement parts.

Just my $.02, :D.

FarmerSid 11-13-2015 11:50 AM

I just called March Performance and talked to a very helpful guy. Seems that the reason they can tuck the ALT and A/C in nice and close is that everything is spaced out from the block more. A/C compressor would hit the passenger head set at Vette or F body spacing. He said that there is 8" from the water pump mounting surface on the block to the pulley. I assume that is the outside face of the pulley. You have to run their water pump also. They press on a different pulley he said. Not fussy on that having to go to them for a new pump if mine fails. Brackets are compatible with a Vintage air A/C compressor but the ALT bracket uses a GM ALT but not a truck or F body ALT. That's how I understood him.

I know I need all the space I can get between the accessories and the rad in my build.

Food for thought.

solidaxel 11-13-2015 06:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Have you looked at Kwick something?
We had to use one of there A/C brackets and a B S hard line from the compressor but it cleared the inner fender
The Alt P/S bracket is truck and truck water pump

donandal 11-14-2015 04:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I used Kwik performance brackets on my AD project.

The routing tag was made by my brother at the shop
he works at.

aod92 11-14-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donandal (Post 7376178)

he works at.

That routing tag is really cool

FarmerSid 11-14-2015 07:39 PM

Haven't seen that setup donandal. Gonna have to pick your head as I'm using C4 stuff too.

donandal 11-14-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aod92 (Post 7376336)
That routing tag is really cool

Yeah,
He's a tool and die maker, and can make some cool things on
their CNC machines that I can't do in my shop.

Plus, he comes up with some cool ideas.

My shop is all old school milling, sawing and lathe equipment.

solidaxel 11-14-2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

he works at.

Kwick must have different brackets for the A/C pump

ls1nova71 11-15-2015 12:28 AM

Quote:

he works at.

I like the routing tag too, thats a nice detail! But on that set up, will you have to pull the radiator hose to get the belt on? That would be a little inconvenient.

67chevy1series 11-15-2015 11:39 PM

Routing tag is very cool! I felt like making what appears to be a original sticker for 67 showing the routing for the belts

67chevy1series 11-15-2015 11:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to Pleasanton Goodguys show this weekend and seen this LS3 on a stand I like the accesory drive for the alternator and power steering bracket set up but cant seem to find a part number for the brackets alone. This is the E-Rod motor.

67chevy1series 11-16-2015 12:29 AM

Alright found the part number, will a truck harmonic balancer/crank pulley like on a LM7 5.3 work with that style FEAD system?

izzy_Britton 11-16-2015 02:56 AM

I have been looking into this type of stiff for my ls swap too. everything to anything.

BUT i believe the E-ROD is a whole other beast than a typical LS engine. they use their own computers, wires and components that do not seem to be the same as any of the typical production parts. yes the basics seem to be the same, block, head and maybe intake, but looks like the brackets, accessories and other stuff like as mentioned, wire harness, computer, and things like fuel rail, throttle body are all different. it LOOKS like according to the GM performance parts catalog that is. hard to say without hand in hand comparison.

i do like this belt set up but i want to keep my A/C. cool find!

donandal 11-16-2015 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1nova71 (Post 7376664)
I like the routing tag too, thats a nice detail! But on that set up, will you have to pull the radiator hose to get the belt on? That would be a little inconvenient.

Yes,
You will have to pull the hose.
You have a good eye for this stuff.

And, it just passes above the air intake by about half an inch.

I am quite happy with the setup so far, but I haven't even run it
yet.