The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=729469)

Chevyland 02-05-2017 12:29 PM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 7849083)
Here's my 72 K20 Super - original orange/white.

Sweet truck. And I know it is real
Let's keep posting spids along with trucks
So this thread doesn't get watered down

1968aj 02-05-2017 12:44 PM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

3 Attachment(s)
sold this one last year. Cheyenne super longhorn big block

DeadheadNM 02-05-2017 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SPID for my k20

jocko 02-05-2017 01:12 PM

Thanks Pete! Just love that truck, absolutely one of the best Supers out there.

1968aj - thanks for sharing. Wanted to point out something your truck illustrates by being a non-olive/blue/parchment bucket truck. Notice that the 71 and 72 sales brochures both state that buckets are still an option - but also note that both state something to the effect of "in the same colors" (i.e. the 3 Super bench colors would be how I'd read it). I've always understood buckets to be available in a Super in any of the vinyl colors that were available to any other trim level - and your truck (and several other folks' trucks as well -sameyrasmea's comes to mind with its black factory buckets) have proven once again that the original brochures are not exactly gospel by any stretch. There's all the proof anyone needs that you could get buckets in any vinyl color available. Saddle looks great. What matters is what they really built, not what they advertised in the glossy brochure. Cool truck and thanks again for sharing.

joeydurango 02-05-2017 02:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. Most of you have seen it before, but then I never get tired of looking at Jocko, DeadheadNM, or ChevyLand's trucks either, so...

A few things not original on this truck, according to the SPID - someone added tach and tilt later, and I've changed from the PO's rally wheels to white steelies with dog dish caps, ignoring the original P01 full wheel covers. One repaint, I think, but in original colors. I've converted to HEI, and will be changing a few other small things. But largely this truck looks and feels "original" - as in, not a true survivor, but most mods done in keeping with the original spirit of the factory build. No LS swaps or lift kits (unlike my last truck).

Already Gone 02-05-2017 04:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I saved the pics of these two from Craigslist as they are low option Cheyenne Supers. Here is # 1. Notice it doesn't have power brakes but it will have the front discs. Someone please feel free to flip the pics as they must have been taken with an IPhone.

Already Gone 02-05-2017 04:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
and # 2 and no power brakes on this one either.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-05-2017 05:03 PM

Sure a lot of blue out there. Here's some more pictures. What you don't see is the door panels Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!. I was leaning to parting this out, so I got rid of them. I sold them short as well, but I posted it and I stuck to my word. Grain wasn't "show" by any means.

Since then I've fixed this truck up to be a solid driver. Just need to solve the "16.5 x 9.75 rear wheels. One of the world's best wheels turned impractical. The truck has grown on me a lot. It's a blast to drive. I may "restore" it, but not to stock nor detail the current project. The cab is an issue. Rust has burned through all usual places.

The steering wheel is a replacement? In other terms, was black an option with blue interior?

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...19&oe=59425F26

This seat is the bomb, even with decades of wear.
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0e&oe=593F2C75

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e3&oe=593F85D2

Looking better but chrome valve covers have to go. Not a fan.
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...31&oe=59039C90

jocko 02-05-2017 06:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A 71 K10 that I almost bought a few years back. Wonder where it is today...

72 tigger 02-05-2017 06:52 PM

Good idea to start this thread

jocko 02-05-2017 06:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this is that truck, but it is white! Love white with a colorful interior like this.

This one shows some of the variable wording of the RPO - a less common "Cheyenne Super Spor_" "t" I assume...

jocko 02-05-2017 07:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
a few more. The Canadian truck shows what I think this the most common wording of the option: "Cheyenne Super Equip" while the white/black truck shows the "Cheyenne Super Truck" nomenclature. All are correct as long as the RPO code is YE9.

CG 02-05-2017 07:11 PM

Was this an option you could get on burbs and blazers too? I don't think Ive ever seen, or probably more likely just never noticed.

undertaker72 02-05-2017 07:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is the short bed in your other thread on supers

Already Gone 02-05-2017 07:16 PM

Hey Mark is a GMC Sierra Grande okay in this thread or do you want just Cheyenne Supers?

jocko 02-05-2017 07:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Do not have a SPID for the stepper, but recall it being a real Super when it was discussed on here quite some time ago. If anyone has the SPID, pls share (Tim, I bet you have this somewhere!)

jocko 02-05-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 7849529)
Hey Mark is a GMC Sierra Grande okay in this thread or do you want just Cheyenne Supers?

Sierra Grande? Who makes that?? ;)
Of course! I should have named it the "YE9 Thread" - yes, pls post it!

tommys72 02-05-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 7849545)
Sierra Grande? Who makes that?? ;)
Of course! I should have named it the "YE9 Thread" - yes, pls post it!

Haha

tommys72 02-05-2017 07:56 PM

All these high option spids in here make mine look like a base model truck.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-05-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 7849477)
A 71 K10 that I almost bought a few years back. Wonder where it is today...

NICE truck. Can I ask the cost range?

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-05-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 7848737)
Here are the two Supers I've owned (still have the 72 K20). The medium olive C20 is a 71. I guess I like green! Looking forward to seeing some of my favorite Cheyenne Supers posted!

My preference is black as opposed wood grain. Olive being the exception, especially dark. The interior on that 71 is first rate.

Chevyland 02-05-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7849516)
Was this an option you could get on burbs and blazers too? I don't think Ive ever seen, or probably more likely just never noticed.

Nope. Only in trucks
Blazer could be had in Cheyenne (only wood grain door panel inserts)
Suburban only up to custom deluxe (never any woodgrain)

Chevyland 02-05-2017 08:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is one I'm restoring now
I took a chance on it, sight unseen
Mostly heavy surface rust
Believe it or not rockers and cab corners are not bad
I love original trucks, but it was a little to far gone

tommys72 02-05-2017 09:07 PM

Killer truck there chevyland....you got some good ones

jocko 02-05-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 7849580)
NICE truck. Can I ask the cost range?

Tony, it was about 5 or 6 yrs ago or so, and I think the price was around $7-8K (ish). It was a real super, GM replacement 350, and aftermarket a/c. Body had some dings and there was a dent in the bed - overall good price I thought for as nice as it was.