The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   TMI seats ....how are they (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=733593)

FRCvette 03-28-2018 07:28 PM

Re: TMI seats ....how are they

I have been looking at these seats at Summit. A bit cheaper there.

flipper58 04-10-2018 11:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the split bench sitting on the seat frame. I just did this for fitment and to get a measurement for the mounting bracket I will be making for the underseat subwoofer.

MfBox 04-10-2018 03:18 PM

^^^ Looks super clean

Dieselwrencher 04-10-2018 05:07 PM

That looks really nice!

Bird dog 04-10-2018 10:58 PM

I just ordered a set of their top line bucket seats (VXR), the center console, door panels, dash pad and sun-visors. I ordered a custom color “smoke grey” with charcoal suede inserts and light grey contrasting stitching. When you price them out with one of their vendors, they’re much cheaper than their web

I had several questions that TMI was very helpful in answering and sending fabric and stiching samples, even though he knew I was purchasing through a vendor.

I’ll post pics when they arrive, they’ll be going in the build as soon as they arrive.

I’ll let everyone know how long they take to show up.

flipper58 04-11-2018 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks MfBox and Diesel. It is coming together. Here are the matching door panels hanging on with some painter's tape. Not a great pic, but I just wanted to see how they looked before I install the power windows, etc.

FRCvette 04-11-2018 08:25 PM

That is going to look so good when complete.

dan42 04-11-2018 08:44 PM

So, how comfortable compared to the buddy buckets? They don't look like they have very much lower back support. I need to replace my buddy buckets with something I can sit in for a couple of hours without getting a backache. It would be nice to be able to sit in them before you buy them...

Ramjet51 04-12-2018 09:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I’ve installed and did test fit, seats feel great, used a 2016 Silverado center console/jump seat that is now reupholstered with TMI material. I like the feel and fit, good clearance between doors and console.

Ramjet51 04-12-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCvette (Post 8224435)
I have been looking at these seats at Summit. A bit cheaper there.

Yea...so did I, ordered and after waiting 7 weeks, Summit changed delivery date three times, after phone call they said they have no control over ship dates from mfr.....so, $50 more, got them from LMC...

flipper58 04-12-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramjet51 (Post 8236477)
Yea...so did I, ordered and after waiting 7 weeks, Summit changed delivery date three times, after phone call they said they have no control over ship dates from mfr.....so, $50 more, got them from LMC...

I wouldn't blame Summit on that. I ordered mine through ProPerformance, vendor here that is great, and mine were delayed forever. Not vendor's fault as they pressed TMI. When I did get them, they were all wrong. Blue stitching, etc. Really weird stuff. Sent them all back and finally got correct stuff. Good thing I was not in a hurry.

Oh yeah, ProPerformance gave me a good price, too!

Ramjet51 04-12-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipper58 (Post 8236600)
I wouldn't blame Summit on that. I ordered mine through ProPerformance, vendor here that is great, and mine were delayed forever. Not vendor's fault as they pressed TMI. When I did get them, they were all wrong. Blue stitching, etc. Really weird stuff. Sent them all back and finally got correct stuff. Good thing I was not in a hurry.

Oh yeah, ProPerformance gave me a good price, too!

Didn’t mean that, Summit providesme with great service, but be aware that if it ships from mfr, summit can’t control

flipper58 04-12-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramjet51 (Post 8236618)
Didn’t mean that, Summit providesme with great service, but be aware that if it ships from mfr, summit can’t control

Misread that. Summit has been great for me, too. And ditto on the from manufacturer shipments. They can only do so much.
Phil

Faastone27 04-12-2018 08:46 PM

So I would like to order complete TMI interior after seeing one in a nice C10 at the last Caffine & Octane here in Ga. Who do you all recommend for the best service and price. ?

54belair 04-18-2018 05:20 PM

I will tell you soon. I have a set that Ive had now for a couple weeks---Ill be unboxing them getting ready for installation prob. next week. Ill let you know.

flipper58 04-24-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faastone27 (Post 8236963)
So I would like to order complete TMI interior after seeing one in a nice C10 at the last Caffine & Octane here in Ga. Who do you all recommend for the best service and price. ?

I used ProPerformance, forum vendor. Travis gave me what I believe was a very good price for seat and panels.

cornerstone 04-25-2018 02:25 PM

ProPerformance all the way! Can’t beat the service.

54belair 04-25-2018 07:35 PM

Along with the TMI seats, I purchased from summit there universal fit bucket seat mounts. I'm not really satisfied with the "universal" mounting legs that you will have to cut and weld however you want. So, starting tomorrow Ill start fabricating new mounts similar to 80's seat brackets. I took all measurements today, tomorrow Ill get the steel and have it bent and start the cutting and drilling process. Ill put up some pics when finished.

54belair 05-07-2018 08:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Finally got the TMI seats installed (also posted in the build) I like them.

FRCvette 05-07-2018 09:55 PM

Very nice!!! Can't wait til I can order mine.

m7vasque 01-19-2019 10:55 PM

I used the TMI dash pad and door covers with buddy buckets for a stock(ish) look
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Image-2.jpg

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Image-3.jpg

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Image-4.jpg