The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Looked at this Suburban today (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=805856)

fourspeedwagon 06-05-2020 11:41 PM

Re: Looked at this Suburban today

So——- Whatcha thinking Leon?

I know that it’d be sitting in my driveway if it were a thousand or so miles closer and available. But, I’ve rarely been accused of good judgment ��
Costs nearly twice what I paid for mine but it sure has a lot more. Mine was a plain Jane 307 and a bolt action 3 speed. No air or power accessories. It does have a chain to hold the hood shut though. Mine came from a rough part of Portland. Lotsa battery thieves in your area?
Good luck, I’m sure whatever you do will be the correct answer for you-

LockDoc 06-06-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

It's all there ready and waiting. The body panels are available.

I know, I know..... :)

LockDoc

LockDoc 06-06-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourspeedwagon (Post 8752679)
So——- Whatcha thinking Leon?

I know that it’d be sitting in my driveway if it were a thousand or so miles closer and available. But, I’ve rarely been accused of good judgment ��
Costs nearly twice what I paid for mine but it sure has a lot more. Mine was a plain Jane 307 and a bolt action 3 speed. No air or power accessories. It does have a chain to hold the hood shut though. Mine came from a rough part of Portland. Lotsa battery thieves in your area?
Good luck, I’m sure whatever you do will be the correct answer for you-

Not too bad around here but someone lifted the power steering pump and brackets from the '67 stepside sitting beside it, so I'm betting that's why he chained it down.

LockDoc

LockDoc 07-08-2020 08:36 PM

-
Bump to the top....

LockDoc 07-09-2020 06:31 PM

-
This truck sold to board member Dieselwrencher today. He wants to haul his family around in style....:)

LockDoc

HO455 07-09-2020 06:52 PM

Excellent! I'm a fan of his work.

Dieselwrencher 07-10-2020 10:23 AM

I have to give a huge shout out to Leon, aka LockDoc. He turned me onto this burb and it was just about too late. I'm very glad we were able to get it purchased. Long story short apparently there was a guy at Goodguys telling a lot of people about this burb and the seller had one guy coming to look at it this weekend. Apparently there were a few others wanting to look at it as well. I got over there as soon as I could to buy it because I wanted it pretty bad. After we made the deal, I was standing in Leon's house talking to him and Pat. A friend of mine messaged me asking if I just bought a 72 blue suburban with a big block because his friend was going to look at it this weekend. He tried buying it from me but I told him sorry, we're keeping it. This is going to be momma's ride/family hauler.

LockDoc 07-10-2020 03:55 PM

-
Thanks Ryan. I'm glad you got it bought and glad I could help. It is at my place now sitting on the trailer.

Maybe Ryan will post some more pictures of it.

LockDoc

Dave 07-10-2020 04:20 PM

Leon,
I'm really glad the burb went to someone who can bring it back to life, instead of to a owner who might part it out.

LockDoc 07-11-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8772215)
Leon,
I'm really glad the burb went to someone who can bring it back to life, instead of to a owner who might part it out.

I am too Dave.

LockDoc

fourspeedwagon 07-11-2020 06:06 PM

Congratulations on grabbing that burb! Looks like it’ll be fun.

Dieselwrencher 07-15-2020 02:28 PM

I've been wanting a 67-72 suburban for a while. I actually had 2 a few years ago but for what ever reason my wife decided she hated the look of them so I sold them. (One was a really nice rust free Colorado shell I got from a member on here.) She's been wanting something old the entire family can fit in for a while. I found a 72 Coronet wagon, but she hated it too.

We were at Goodguys a couple of weeks back, and an ochre 71/72 burb went by us and she said I could live with that...... I would have liked to smash my thumb after hearing that.

I started looking for one and found a rusty one in Davenport. I called Leon to get an idea on what prices of parts were for these because I haven't been paying any attention on these. He then told me about this blue and white one and I decided the one in Davenport wasn't for me. :metal: Luckily no one got there before us to get it bought.

Dave 07-15-2020 04:20 PM

When you get ready to dive into the burban, start a build thread. I think you'd have a lot followers on it. I've done a few small things to my burban but nothing major yet since on it over a year but I'm get ready to.

HO455 07-16-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8775233)
When you get ready to dive into the burban, start a build thread. I think you'd have a lot followers on it. I've done a few small things to my burban but nothing major yet since on it over a year but I'm get ready to.

What he said!

70cst 07-21-2020 08:35 AM

That is well worth $1500 and very savable :metal:

Reno 08-05-2020 08:23 PM

i bought a much worse condition 1972 K10 suburban for the 4x4 frame. Paid $2300 with title kept the Tilt, TAC dash, 4x4 frame, selling parts already sold over $3k....and much more parts to go!

I see Dieselwrencher replied earlier - if he sees this I have some questions on my Cummins / Suburban build as his message box is full.....

LockDoc 08-05-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reno (Post 8787661)
i bought a much worse condition 1972 K10 suburban for the 4x4 frame. Paid $2300 with title kept the Tilt, TAC dash, 4x4 frame, selling parts already sold over $3k....and much more parts to go!

I see Dieselwrencher replied earlier - if he sees this I have some questions on my Cummins / Suburban build as his message box is full.....

I have to call him tomorrow I will let him know.

Thanks,
LockDoc

Dieselwrencher 08-10-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reno (Post 8787661)

Sorry, I had to clear out around 500 PM's to get more mail room. It should be good now.

HO455 08-11-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8790030)
Sorry, I had to clear out around 500 PM's to get more mail room. It should be good now.

Oh the burdens of fame and popularity!

Dieselwrencher 08-11-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 8790300)
Oh the burdens of fame and popularity!

No, LOL. It was because I was gone so long I lost the PM space. I was a mod but that went away due to my in activity. I'm working on becoming one again and plan to keep active again.

70cst 08-20-2020 10:47 PM

I LUV a story with a happy ending :metal:

Dieselwrencher 08-24-2020 11:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This weekend I was able to get over and get the burb out of Leon's hair. It is now home and the planning already started. It will be losing the 72 front clip and getting a 67/68 front clip now. I'm thinking the kids need to mask up and clean the big unit out next. :lol: