The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Another one underway! Meet project Savannah (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=812745)

CC69Rat 01-16-2021 11:31 PM

Re: Another one underway! Meet project Savannah

I'm still around, just trying to get my kitchen project wrapped up. I'll be hitting this one hard very soon.

Big static drop, 4 wheel disc, nasty 6.0 / 4L80, new paint, finish up the fleet bed, wood kit, etc. It will make a very nice truck. Stay tuned, more coming as soon as I can.

CC69Rat 01-16-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCvette (Post 8863337)
They are out there. I found one complete with trans with 39,000 miles for three grand. Had to drive nine hours to pick it up.

Yeah, 2004 6.0 / 4L80, harness, ecm, etc. But I had to drive to Richmond to get it. 42k mile setup. I'll be doing a cam / top end upgrade, 243s, tbss intake. Headers, etc. Just a nasty but still steerable 6.0. Should be fun.

NoNeck 04-13-2021 12:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's getting serious at the Coley shop!

Chad has sparks flying and C-Notches are going in. We will be adding BellTech 5" springs, shocks, Adjustable Track Bar, Shock Relocaters, Rear Disc Brakes with drilled and slotted rotors. When we get the rear suspension all buttoned up we are dropping in the Boyd Welding EFI gas tank.

Did I say that we hate rivets?

POP

nlped 04-13-2021 09:40 PM

Awesomeness!!!

NoNeck 04-16-2021 11:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A little progress today... we finished installing the rear disc brakes and got the shocks and springs bolted up. We are still waiting on the track bar and degree shims. We will be bending up some brake lines and adding some differential oil to the rear end.

The two 20" x 10" US Mags will go on tomorrow, then we can move to the front of the truck. Exciting stuff!

NoNeck 04-22-2021 12:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
We bolted the US Mags on the rear after converting to five lug Moser Axles and rear disc brakes.The tires are 295/45r/20 and really will stuff up under the wheel wells.
Next on our list, Boyd Welding EFI gas tank,

POP

Dieselwrencher 04-22-2021 06:03 AM

Very nice project guys! That is an amazingly solid truck. I'm in to watch as well. Great work on it so far!

CC69Rat 04-22-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNeck (Post 8911679)
We bolted the US Mags on the rear after converting to five lug Moser Axles and rear disc brakes.The tires are 295/45r/20 and really will stuff up under the wheel wells.
Next on our list, Boyd Welding EFI gas tank,

POP

20x9.5. 5.25 BS on the early housing. 295/40.
Rear disc conversion is the Eldorado setup from Little Shop MFG, I just upgraded it to drilled and vented rotors.
Rear sway bar, track bar, and pinion shims are on the way. I'm ready to tear into the front. I'm going to rebuild the control arm bushings, tie rod ends, all new ball joints, etc. The fronts will be 20x8, 255/45. Well post up some pictures once we dig into it. It's just rolling around on the 6 lug setup for now. Those wheels and tires will be for sale very soon if you know someone who might be able to use them. I think they're 16x8. Mickey Thompson wheels. They'd be good for a daily driver. The tires are Toyo Proxes, like new. I will trade for LS or C10 parts too. Just lemme know..

CC69Rat 04-22-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8911717)
Very nice project guys! That is an amazingly solid truck. I'm in to watch as well. Great work on it so far!

Thank you sir. Yes, it's an original 67 swb, bought new in Vidalia GA and stayed there its whole life. It's an original rocker and cab corner truck. Very nice, I have the original title and sales receipt for it. It has been painted a while back and they gave us a big photo album before / during / after the restoration. It's just a base truck. 6cyl, 3ott, very few options. Med blue originally. Step side.

I am going to paint it Marina Blue, fleet wood floor bed, African Mahogany bed wood, stainless strips, full Mar-K Custom / CST trim. 4.5/6.5 static, 6.0 / 4L80, high hump, were considering a white houndstooth interior. Etc etc.. Not sure yet. Wheels may change. I have been known to do that.. lol.. Should be a nice truck when were done with it.

NoNeck 05-19-2021 12:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful day in Tennessee today, so we pulled the rebuilt original 250 6 cylinder engine and 3 speed transmission out of the truck.

We degreased the firewall and frame rails and brought out the pressure washer to clean away 55 years of South Georgia sand.

Next step is to drop the front and install the huge drilled and slotted front rotors and calipers.

We will have a truck load of parts ready for the media blaster by the end of the week.

The exciting part is dropping in that big ole 6.0 LS. Stay tuned!

POP

Bkndsdl 05-19-2021 01:04 PM

Man I wish I was closer, I'd take that 250 and trans off your hands...

68Gold/white 05-19-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bkndsdl (Post 8922557)

I like 6 bangers!!! :metal:They make a BIG splash when you drop them off a bridge into a river!!!:lol:

gmc684x4 05-19-2021 03:15 PM

Nice truck it will be way nicer once you get your 6 liter running in it
I ditched the 6 banger in my 68 in the early 90s haven't regretted it

My 72 is original rocker and cab corner truck a few body men I used to hang out with all recommend changing them regardless how they look today
looked at a 69 k10 with a 396 bb 3 year old restoration cab corners and rockers showing rust

CC69Rat 05-19-2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bkndsdl (Post 8922557)

Already sold. A friend if mine has a 69 short step with a tired 6cyl 3ott. Were just going to swap this one in and get his back on the road.

Are the later model Silverados 6 lug pattern the same as the early c10 ? Those front tires and wheels (I have all 4. Mickey Thompson Classic wheels) will be for sale soon. I just thought maybe someone with a 6 lug daily might like to have them. They have new Toyo Proxes tires on them. 16x8 I believe.

NoNeck 05-19-2021 06:25 PM

There are a lot of early and late model Chevy trucks that could use those wheels. The wheels are 6 lug - 5.5 inch (6 lug - 139.7 mm).

POP

NoNeck 05-21-2021 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We pulled the transmission today on the 6.0, and got it on the engine stand. Then we removed the exhaust manifolds, coil packs and front engine accessory drive. The starter and A/C compressor was removed as well as the torque converter and flex plate.

To be continued...

POP

NoNeck 06-04-2021 03:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We started disassembly on the 6.0L today and were able to freshen up the power steering pump and bracket.

POP

Ol Blue K20 06-04-2021 09:48 PM

Looks good, I'm glad you guys are sharing your projects again!.....

NoNeck 06-17-2021 02:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A little more progress this week. We started detailing the front suspension and added the Big Brake Kit from the The Little Shop in Lewisburg, TN. It includes drilled and slotted rotors, bearings, calipers and McGaughy drop spindles. Quality stuff and awesome customer service.
We restored the heater box and blower motor just in case we use it. Vintage Air might be in the future, so we might not use it.

POP

lunatic1968 06-18-2021 10:10 AM

Nice work ! Following !

CC69Rat 06-20-2021 08:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Just some more pics. As we tear into the cab, air box, etc we just keep finding more evidence of how good this old truck really is. It's coming apart relatively easy. I think it was just a plane Jane old farm truck that rarely ever got any use. 53yrs in South Georgia saved this one for sure. I've had a bunch of these old 67-72 and I can honestly say it's the most solid one I've ever seen. Original rocker, cab corner, I even have the original title and sales paperwork.

CC69Rat 06-20-2021 08:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I guess that Med blue (?) Was the original color.

One of the cleanest old 67s you'll find. It should make a really nice truck once it's done. I'm going to try to do LS fest, Hot Rod Power tour, etc in this one. It will definitely be driven.

cericd 06-22-2021 11:06 PM

Clean truck for sure!

CMGreen8812 06-25-2021 09:32 AM

A super clean truck getting a super clean swap! Excellent work so far!

88Stanger 06-27-2021 10:10 AM

Damn that is nice truck to start with!! Great job so far...