The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Beth's tribute truck. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=820543)

70cst 04-11-2021 10:42 PM

Re: Beth's tribute truck.

Nice progress :metal:

'68OrangeSunshine 04-12-2021 12:05 AM

I shouldn't scan the Chevy Truck Board when I'm peeling onions.

Classic Heartbeat 04-12-2021 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Progress on the rendering I commissioned for Beth's truck.

firedemon 04-12-2021 08:47 PM

cool color

57taskforce 04-12-2021 09:27 PM

Wes, It’s amazing to see the love you both had for each other. As hard as it is I’m happy to see your turning it into something positive! I’m in to see it come together.

Dieselwrencher 04-13-2021 05:40 AM

Wes, thanks for sharing that with us. I'm sure it's hard for you to share her last moments and I'm sure it was even harder for you but I believe that was the best thing and you were there for it. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

As far as the truck, you said it won't be a show truck, which is fine since it is yours. But I just couldn't see letting it set all that time. I'm sure others, especially her followers, friends, family, other extended family, would like to see it at shows or even at your brewery partners venue when that brew is done up? I'm not sure what help I can add but I'm interested in helping ya as well.

Classic Heartbeat 04-13-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8907597)
Wes, thanks for sharing that with us. I'm sure it's hard for you to share her last moments and I'm sure it was even harder for you but I believe that was the best thing and you were there for it. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

As far as the truck, you said it won't be a show truck, which is fine since it is yours. But I just couldn't see letting it set all that time. I'm sure others, especially her followers, friends, family, other extended family, would like to see it at shows or even at your brewery partners venue when that brew is done up? I'm not sure what help I can add but I'm interested in helping ya as well.

It won't just sit under cover. The soal purpose for this build is for Beth. It will be driven a couple times a week, it just going to be when I go visit her at our final resting spot. It warms my heart that people want to be involved and I am happy to accept it however anyone feels they can contribute. This is for her and for everyone who's lives she touched. It is therapy for me, but it turns out that people's involvement, many she never new turns out to be just as warming. I know she is watching and I know her heart is soaring knowing people loved her that much.

I would of coarse bring it to any event that might happen that is honoring her life but to show it at car shows doesn't feel good to me. To me it would take the meaning of the build away. I also wouldn't want to compete with the very people who may have helped.

Classic Heartbeat 04-15-2021 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another progress picture of the rendering..

Getter-Done 04-15-2021 11:07 PM

Nice:metal:

lolife99 04-15-2021 11:32 PM

Sorry for your loss.
Love the tribute truck rendering.

Classic Heartbeat 04-19-2021 09:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It is realy painful loosing Beth, I can not tell you, however working on her memorial truck helps. I can honestly say like when we were married, I haven't ever gotten mad working on it. I never got mad at her and am happy those feelings go into the build.

Her are a couple pictures of the progress. It's not much, but it's a little. I have the front and rear ends rebuilt and installed along with her tow hooks powder coated and installed.

57taskforce 04-19-2021 09:48 PM

Looking awesome Wes, those hooks came out great!

Getter-Done 04-19-2021 10:36 PM

:metal:

Classic Heartbeat 04-20-2021 12:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Progressions of the rendering.

Dieselwrencher 04-21-2021 06:30 AM

The rendering is looking great and the chassis is going together fast! Looks great!

67C10Step 04-21-2021 08:10 AM

So very sorry for your loss, Wes. I know you are discovering it through the outreach of support but stories like yours are an inspiration to many.

A project like this is exactly what you need. I am the same way in that I need to do something with my hands while my mind works on the other things. Many of us don't idle well so our hands need a job to be doing. The truck is looking great and the rendering is coming along nicely as well. Will be a super special truck when done, perfect tribute to your wife who was obviously a super special person.

Classic Heartbeat 04-21-2021 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you guys again. I managed to get another update on the rendering. The gas cap needs to be removed and the park lamps need to be made amber yet. Then the memorialput above it should finish it. This rendering and memorial will be used on the beer that Matchless Brewing. I can't wait for that too.

A1971Blazer 04-21-2021 11:11 AM

Wes
My deepest condolences on the loss of you best friend, soul mate, wife.
We are reminded just how precious and short that life really is.
May God bless you with a special measure of His Grace and Peace that you may endure and persevere as you honor and pay tribute to Beth.

Classic Heartbeat 04-23-2021 01:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rendering done, memorial added. I miss her so much..

Ol Blue K20 04-23-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat (Post 8912200)

Very nice Wes. Keep plugging away at it.

Getter-Done 04-23-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Do You Know anyone that could AirBrush the Picture in post #44

On the GloveBox Door?

This is Awesome the work you are doing on this Build:metal:

57taskforce 04-23-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

That’s gonna be a great looking truck Wes, I know she’s watching over you in anticipation and appreciation of what your doing. She’ll be close by every time you drive it!

Classic Heartbeat 07-10-2021 03:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have a few more update pictures of Beth's Tribute Truck.

I wasn't completely satisfied with the wheels so I had another set powder coated and found some NOS beauty rings and NOS center caps and screws for them.

I purchased the engine - (2005 6.0 LQ9)
I purchased the transmission - (2005 4L65E)
Installed the Dirty Dingo Front Crossmember
Purchased the Advanced Adapter 4L65E to NP205 transfer case adapter. Now being rebuilt and put together.
Built a set of shelves to keep the parts that are hers only.
Stripped the cab in preparation for body work.
Purchased all the parts for her new fleetside bed.
Installed all of the new shocks and steering dampener.

Classic Heartbeat 07-10-2021 03:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pictures

Stocker 07-10-2021 04:34 PM

Great progress Wes, Beth's truck is a labor of love and will be a thing of beauty for sure. Thanks for the update pics. :chevy: