The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   1 Owner 1976 SWB (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=569216)

JWall 05-15-2017 08:17 AM

Re: 1 Owner 1976 SWB

Well, I finally got to drive at night with the new headlights.
They worked out pretty well, a definite improvement from what I had.

I did not get lights flashed at me once & I did driving on 2 lane back roads as well as 4 lane highway.

The high beams are a little different though. When I turn them on I notice more light on the ground in front of me (like turning on fog lights) then I do light higher like a normal high beam.
For me it was actually kind of cool though because I could kick them on and see the road in front of me better to watch out for potholes, etc.

Overall I am pleased.

LDO 07-14-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWall (Post 7924265)
Info below

Plug & Play

They have a website but having trouble finding it at the moment. I'll keep looking.
They sell thru ebay & amazon.

Ebay auction - http://www.ebay.com/itm/322177905990...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Ebay store - http://stores.ebay.com/Stark-Lights

Attachment 1645409

Been looking at these for my 4 headlight 85 C01. How hot do these get and are those fans at the bottom of the bulbs? How much noise do those produce?

JWall 08-21-2017 08:05 AM

UPDATE ON THE LED HEADLIGHTS WE'VE BEEN DISCUSSING ABOVE...

So, I noticed a while back that the drivers side headlight lens/housing had a haze to it kind of like it was fogging or a dirty pretty much all the time. Although not that noticeable it drives me nuts. I tried contacting Stark about it & never heard a single word back. :mad:

Then Saturday, after arriving to a local car show I discovered that the passengers side lens was cracked all the way across. There was no "point of impact" like a got hit with a rock or anything so I don't think that was the issue.

So, with these 2 issues & the lack of being able to get customer service, I plan to remove these lights & go back to old school lights until (or even if) I find another set that I like enough to try.

I was happy with the look of the lens in the beginning with them not having any wild designs or company logos all over them & even the performance of the lights but I just don't think they are all that great of quality of product.
(And take in to consideration my truck is not daily driven or even driven that much all)

Just wanted to give an update since so many of you had posted or messaged me about these.

UKNOWME 08-21-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWall (Post 8021639)

So, I noticed a while back that the drivers side headlight lens/housing had a haze to it kind of like it was fogging or a dirty pretty much all the time. Although not that noticeable it drives me nuts. I tried contacting Stark about it & never heard a single word back. :mad:

Then Saturday, after arriving to a local car show I discovered that the passengers side lens was cracked all the way across. There was no "point of impact" like a got hit with a rock or anything so I don't think that was the issue.

So, with these 2 issues & the lack of being able to get customer service, I plan to remove these lights & go back to old school lights until (or even if) I find another set that I like enough to try.

I was happy with the look of the lens in the beginning with them not having any wild designs or company logos all over them & even the performance of the lights but I just don't think they are all that great of quality of product.
(And take in to consideration my truck is not daily driven or even driven that much all)

Just wanted to give an update since so many of you had posted or messaged me about these.

I ordered them from their eBay store shortly after you purchased. After payment they sent me a message saying the sealed beam was defective and it would be approximately 6 weeks. They refunded my money and I planned to go another route. After waiting and never found anything that had that classic look I noticed they were available again. Hopefully I won't have any issues.

daddyjeep 08-21-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the update. I was also considering these lights. I guess I will look at another route.

smpoulin01 08-21-2017 10:10 PM

Justin, very nice job! Have you thought about the lights from LMC - http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=101?
I have these in my 85 and they work really well. Just my $.02

smpoulin01 08-21-2017 10:12 PM

Link in previous post would not work.

Justin, very nice job! Have you thought about the lights from LMC - http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=101
I have these in my 85 and they work really well. Just my $.02

Cruisin' 01-23-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWall (Post 7843894)
So, I am guilty of complaining how facebook & instagram killed the forums but I havent posted on here in forever. I am just as guilty of posting on IG & facebook more than here myself.

Not much new with the 76, just getting cleaned up for our yearly indoor show coming up.

Here are some pics I'll share....

Attachment 1616986

Attachment 1616987

Not too bad for a 17-18 year old paint job that my Dad did....

Attachment 1616988

Attachment 1616989

That truck look's DAMN FINE!
You've done an awesome job!

UKNOWME 01-23-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

What did you do about the headlights?

JWall 01-24-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisin' (Post 8168590)
That truck look's DAMN FINE!
You've done an awesome job!

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 8168643)
What did you do about the headlights?

I went back to regular headlights. A sylvania silverstar headlight.
I may try another set of leds in the future if I can find one with a lens that I like.

JWall 01-24-2018 08:30 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The 76 has been getting some engine upgrades & makeover lately... its not completely done but heres an update...

Still have some detailing & things to "tidy up" but its close now.

Changes included:
Holley Sniper EFI
CVF Racing Pulley system
Slosh Panels to smooth insides of fenders
removed ac box from firewall & installed block off plate
Billet Specialties Streamline valve covers
Black Air cleaner
Went back to rubber hoses with heat shrink clamps (instead of chrome coolflex hoses)
New inner fender wells
New Derale fan
Repainted most the stuff in the engine bay
And lots of other little stuff

Still plan to do headers & new full exhaust in the future... time & budget just didnt allow it right now.

Attachment 1743736

Attachment 1743737

Attachment 1743738

Attachment 1743739

UKNOWME 01-24-2018 09:25 AM

Man, that’s clean! Are you not gonna have AC though?

JWall 01-24-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 8168902)
Man, that’s clean! Are you not gonna have AC though?

Not this go round. I went no heat no air to clean things up.

At some point in the future I will do a vintage air set up when I tear into the truck a little deeper.

aggie91 01-24-2018 10:07 AM

Nice and clean. Looks good.

HotRod C/10 01-24-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 8021752)
I ordered them from their eBay store shortly after you purchased. After payment they sent me a message saying the sealed beam was defective and it would be approximately 6 weeks. They refunded my money and I planned to go another route. After waiting and never found anything that had that classic look I noticed they were available again. Hopefully I won't have any issues.

I hear great things about these.....
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-002395801

cochino12 01-24-2018 12:04 PM

Engine bay looks great!! Any difference in the way the truck runs with the sniper EFI?

smbrouss70 01-24-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cochino12 (Post 8169016)
Engine bay looks great!! Any difference in the way the truck runs with the sniper EFI?

I'm curious too. I have a Sniper sitting in the box waiting for me to finish up with my suspension on the Blazer.

Dads79GMC 01-24-2018 12:57 PM

Looks great! I have my personal top 5 73-80 C10s and this one is definitely one of my favorites and in my top 5!!!! Mike

Dads79GMC 01-24-2018 01:01 PM

Great source information as well!! Mike

JWall 01-24-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cochino12 (Post 8169016)

Quote:

Originally Posted by smbrouss70 (Post 8169025)
I'm curious too. I have a Sniper sitting in the box waiting for me to finish up with my suspension on the Blazer.

I don't have but just a small amount of test miles on it so far but it seems to have great throttle response, more power, idles smooth, starts good, etc.
And I expect it to get nothing but better once it has some more miles of "learn time" on it.

So far the only thing I didn't like about the kit was the throttle/kickdown brackets supplied with the kit. They just didnt look as good as the rest of the kit.
So, I opted to modify my Lokar throttle cable bracket to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dads79GMC (Post 8169048)
Looks great! I have my personal top 5 73-80 C10s and this one is definitely one of my favorites and in my top 5!!!! Mike

Thank you! I appreciate that!

JWall 01-29-2018 08:51 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Got a few more things done with the engine makeover/upgrades & got the hood back on.

Also, got a few more miles of test driving on it. So far I am very impressed with the Holley Sniper Fuel Injection kit. The truck starts easier than ever before, it idles very smooth, seems to have better throttle response and power.

Attachment 1745534

Attachment 1745535

Attachment 1745536

Attachment 1745537

Attachment 1745538

bluex 01-29-2018 10:15 AM

How/where did you route the wiring for your sniper? I have mine all bundled up over by the blower motor for now an it looks horrible. I spent over an hour trying to find a clean way to do it but seemed it was too short for one direction and to long for others. Your engine bay looks great, I have some serious clean up to do on mine :(

I'm really happy overall with my sniper as well. Ready to add timing control to it now when I have the time.

LDO 01-29-2018 10:48 AM

Super clean engine bay! Love this truck.

May I ask what paint you used for the black? Those side fender panels really make a difference in the appearance of the engine bay.

JWall 01-29-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluex (Post 8173024)
How/where did you route the wiring for your sniper? I have mine all bundled up over by the blower motor for now an it looks horrible. I spent over an hour trying to find a clean way to do it but seemed it was too short for one direction and to long for others. Your engine bay looks great, I have some serious clean up to do on mine :(

I'm really happy overall with my sniper as well. Ready to add timing control to it now when I have the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDO (Post 8173054)

May I ask what paint you used for the black?

John Deere Blitz Black

It has a good sheen to it, is durable, & touches up pretty easily.

cruizin01 01-29-2018 12:26 PM

Truck looks great.