The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

Jcfcamaro 03-10-2017 03:18 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

1 Attachment(s)
Started cutting the rust out.

88Ironduke 03-10-2017 03:43 PM

Today I put insurance on my truck. Thank you Haggerty.

RickDeVon 03-10-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Ironduke (Post 7882027)
Today I put insurance on my truck. Thank you Haggerty.

Did you do it online or call them....thanks Rick

Clint72 03-11-2017 03:00 AM

Today I undid the PO wired open choke job (choke still isn't in working order, need a pull off valve), and tried to figure out why my temp gauge isn't working, so pulled the instrument panel and found some cut and spliced wires.
Just bought the rig about 2 weeks ago, so have been doing what I can daily to get it un-rigged and daily drivable.

hamjet 03-11-2017 08:34 AM

Not this morning but yesterday I put my air/heater control assembly back on after removing it because the control section separated from the face plate. (common problem).. I used JB weld to hold it together, seems to hold, we'll see how long it lasts. the other problem was the heater fan would not work. first thing I checked was the ground wire on the blower motor. sure enough, BAD GROUND... all is well in my universe once again....

74baggedbug 03-11-2017 11:05 AM

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...0E5206F7_1.jpg

Replaced the cab and core support mounts and then took it for a spin.. after 5yrs I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

supercheyenne 03-11-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 74baggedbug (Post 7882622)
Replaced the cab and core support mounts and then took it for a spin.. after 5yrs I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Man I love the looks of what I can see!

mud.man.rj 03-11-2017 03:32 PM

Beautiful hidden gem that roof, truly special..
Mudman.

Nomadicflyer 03-11-2017 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That bed looks amazing!

All I can say is I'm a full tilt geek, when it comes to cable routing and such. Here's the block heater I installed, today. Took me an hour to figure out and fab up a way to get the wire away from the exhaust manifold above and the Y pipe below. Geek.

Next up; replace the master cylinder, shocks, start on the engine wiring and alternator. Hoping to put the fenders on, tomorrow.

Nomadicflyer 03-11-2017 03:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
HAMJET: I'm with you. I hate the grounding issues. While doing some work in the cab, I decided to hit the grounding issues with full redneck vengeance. This was my answer to grounding problems.... install a grounding bar that reaches forward to the engine and frame to bring all the grounds together. It's hidden under the steering wheel mount, and another one up front for the engine stuff. Jeez.

I ground down a sanding disc and anvil, put a sheetmetal screw up the center, and use it to clean the metal around ground attach points. After the ground is installed, I'll paint it. SoooOOOO don't want to mess with grounding issues!

Nomadicflyer 03-11-2017 03:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Grounding sander

RodnRudy 03-11-2017 04:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I installed my repop sport mirrors. Side view from the driver side is great but you've got to crane your neck to get a view out of the passenger one. One of those little convex stick on mirrors should help.

kilrcady 03-11-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomadicflyer (Post 7882861)
Grounding sander

Brilliant!

NoStopN 03-11-2017 06:45 PM

The weather scared me from doing any work on the bed of mine. So, I just drove it around town.

66clow 03-11-2017 07:18 PM

Got my new tags. Big thanks to Boostedc10, he donated to my cause with some good hinges. Didn't realize the hood is suppose to close so easy. :) Good people on this site! No longer have to do the dance and push the back of my hood down every time. Installed a cross bar to hold down my bed wood in the rear.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...psnkd4g3mo.jpg

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3etidmeq.jpg

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...pstplqrgqa.jpg

iriereggaeman 03-11-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodnRudy (Post 7882891)
I installed my repop sport mirrors. Side view from the driver side is great but you've got to crane your neck to get a view out of the passenger one. One of those little convex stick on mirrors should help.

I had the same problem with those mirrors...passenger side is pretty worthless. It made me want to get a huge convex mirror to cover the whole surface!

kilrcady 03-12-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodnRudy (Post 7882891)

I made a little wedge piece out of wood and when I get a chance will have one machined out of aluminum.works great

Boog 03-12-2017 11:00 AM

Iriereggaeman
There are quite a few threads here about the mirrors. Something you might not have known is the passenger side mirror mounts further back than the left.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...acement&page=2

Econman 03-12-2017 11:18 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Cab interior is painted!

The doors are almost finished out and ready to be painted and hung. 😁
Posted via Mobile Device

iriereggaeman 03-12-2017 12:13 PM

Thanks kilrcady and Boog. The PO installed the mirrors, so the holes are there already. I could measure to see if they are the same distance back on the passenger and drivers side, but it's unlikely I'm going to drill new holes. I'll give the wood shim a shot.

kilrcady 03-12-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriereggaeman (Post 7883577)
Thanks kilrcady and Boog. The PO installed the mirrors, so the holes are there already. I could measure to see if they are the same distance back on the passenger and drivers side, but it's unlikely I'm going to drill new holes. I'll give the wood shim a shot.

I went 3/4" to nothing wedge

kilrcady 03-12-2017 07:56 PM

Funny have to replace my drivers mirror.POS smashed it.I ave to review security video

tdangle 03-13-2017 02:41 PM

When I bought my sport mirrors, I got the set that has the passenger side a convex mirror in it. The actually work pretty well. I like the look way better than the stock west coast type mirrors the truck came with. I will admit they would not be good for towing or if you had a bed shell on. I figure if I'm towing anything I just buy a set of temp mount tow mirrors.

BugzC10 03-13-2017 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added emblem to spinners.

Toms67 03-13-2017 07:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Scraped off a couple pounds of crud. Rust free with all the Grease on it. LOL. Cleaned up pretty good. Got it painted and installed. Had to drill new holes. I have my motor mounted in the forward holes. I don't know if that is why or not. It's a Muncie m21. Maybe that's why.