The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

northern 85 02-04-2017 08:18 AM

Re: tuba trucks

Awesome work!!! We need a live web feed just to keep up with everything!

Palf70Step 02-04-2017 02:52 PM

Truck is beautiful! Always looking forward to seeing more of your guys work!

clemdaddy 03-15-2017 06:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This sweet 54 deluxe got a complete make-over in 2 and a half months time. Engine overhaul, clutch, bed boards, wheels and tires, grill, interior, stereo… the list goes on. All for a great guy who has owned it since high school many years ago. The deadline was based on driving her in a St. Patricks Day parade on Friday up in northern Missouri. Made it… but just barely, rolled out yesterday afternoon. Very happy customer…

clemdaddy 03-15-2017 06:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more pics…

mjh1965 03-15-2017 07:18 AM

Well done Clem and the team you have knocked that one out of the park it won't be long before you have your own TV show on discovery at this rate

ChrisDollins 03-15-2017 07:19 AM

Wow, gorgeous truck!

Grizz1963 03-15-2017 07:32 AM

Morning Clem !!

That is one spectacular finish to the truck.

I love the last photo you posted.

Kind of summarises the whole Tuba Trucks experience.

Well done.

realvc 03-15-2017 10:04 AM

WOW, what a truck!

It may not have looked that good new. Completed in two and half months sounds like a record of some kind too.

Will look great in any parade but being green it is very fitting for a St. Patrick's Day parade.

plainred65 03-15-2017 11:16 AM

What a beauty, great work. :c2:

Low Elco 03-15-2017 02:03 PM

NIce work!

Low Elco 03-15-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7846998)

thanks man, you might think about heading south sometime… tacos and margs any incentive to you?

Appreciate the offer- It was lined up to come to the party, and I got shanked at the last minute. Hopefully this year. You guys gotta come up to the Nationals sometime, we have a great time! Mmmmm, tacos.

Ta2Don 03-15-2017 06:44 PM

Another Awesome Creation!!! Well done Sir!!!:metal:

Bomp 03-15-2017 10:12 PM

Sweet 5 window. I'm green with envy.

clemdaddy 03-17-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northern 85 (Post 7848056)
Awesome work!!! We need a live web feed just to keep up with everything!

thanks man, negative on that live feed thingy, we'd never get anything done...:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 7848293)
Truck is beautiful! Always looking forward to seeing more of your guys work!

thank you buddy, we got to meet up soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7886483)
Well done Clem and the team you have knocked that one out of the park it won't be long before you have your own TV show on discovery at this rate

thanks Martin, we just need a top-flight mechanic to complete the team…?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisDollins (Post 7886484)
Wow, gorgeous truck!

thanks Chris, appreciate it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7886493)
Morning Clem !!

That is one spectacular finish to the truck.

I love the last photo you posted.

Kind of summarises the whole Tuba Trucks experience.

Well done.

Thanks Rian, Happy customers are what it's all about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by realvc (Post 7886583)
WOW, what a truck!

It may not have looked that good new. Completed in two and half months sounds like a record of some kind too.

Will look great in any parade but being green it is very fitting for a St. Patrick's Day parade.

Thank you man, haven't heard yet, but I hope he had an eventful time with zero problems… hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by plainred65 (Post 7886646)
What a beauty, great work. :c2:

thanks, whats better than old chevys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 7886788)
NIce work!

Appreciate it bro...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7887050)
Another Awesome Creation!!! Well done Sir!!!:metal:

thanks Don… time for an update on your rig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7887245)
Sweet 5 window. I'm green with envy.

Thank you Greg… you know how it is… working all day, trying to make it happen. but, big time kudos to you pal. all that time in, and no for sure future.
Worry not, you'll be killin' it soon but maybe a little further south...

clemdaddy 04-11-2017 09:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Back a few pages ago a 65 standard cab, one time Texaco fleet truck, came to us for a redo. A cool older lady owned and was in love with her truck named 'Maude'. There were a few bumps in the road and progress got delayed some but slowly and steadily Maude came back. Now sporting a fresh repaint the cab is bolted to the frame, doors were hung and the inners were installed. Maude is starting to look like a truck again.

Modges'66 04-11-2017 09:46 PM

Clem, the '54 is a total work of art!
The '65 is lookin' great also!
I am always keepin' an eye on ya!!!
Always lookin' forward to the day that I can start working for you, and doin' this stuff!!!

tune_1 04-12-2017 12:11 AM

Clem the 54 looked great and in only 2 months during the winter!! The 65 may be slower but it is looking good also. Good work

Dwight

Bomp 04-12-2017 06:50 AM

Maude, ahhh,,, I remember the owner. Nice lady. Glad Maude will have a loving owner.
Cab and frame looking top notch.

Grizz1963 04-12-2017 07:26 AM

I do continue to be amazed by the work you guys turn out.

That truck (Maude) looks just lovely.

clemdaddy 04-16-2017 08:18 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 7913296)
Clem, the '54 is a total work of art!
The '65 is lookin' great also!
I am always keepin' an eye on ya!!!
Always lookin' forward to the day that I can start working for you, and doin' this stuff!!!

Me too, I am looking for a mechanic right now and when you're ready, I'll be looking for you. And thanks man...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tune_1 (Post 7913422)
Clem the 54 looked great and in only 2 months during the winter!! The 65 may be slower but it is looking good also. Good work
Dwight

Appreciate it Dwight...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7913516)
Maude, ahhh,,, I remember the owner. Nice lady. Glad Maude will have a loving owner.
Cab and frame looking top notch.

She's been coming by pretty regular and is thrilled with the progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7913525)
I do continue to be amazed by the work you guys turn out.
That truck (Maude) looks just lovely.

Thanks Rian… damn we miss you buddy.

The shop has been working on a few 50's models for a while now and we have one of our own in the works. It' been redubbed 'B-52'. A 6' flat bed cut down from 10' with all the running lights, spot light, giant stop light, 3:55 rear gear, dual brake cylinder and whatever else we can find out back. It should be a fun shop truck though driving one is like steering a boat while sitting on a park bench…

Here's the second episode of 'B-52'

Bomp 04-16-2017 12:01 PM

'B-52' Looks killer!
Don't tell me your 'Hot Rod' is suffering the same as Steiner, owner too busy with other builds to give some lovin'.

Grizz1963 04-16-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7917307)
'B-52' Looks killer!
Don't tell me your 'Hot Rod' is suffering the same as Steiner, owner too busy with other builds to give some lovin'.

Bomp in place. Happy.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...pszxzhnspl.jpg

Great memories.

clemdaddy 05-07-2017 08:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bomp… Rian, you guys are crazy. Kindred stuff right there.

Aprils report.
Nothing big happened this month, just a bunch of seemingly slow production on some cool new shop projects. First off, we've been working on a 63 roadster for a nice ol' guy who just wants it brought sorta back and drivable for his grandkids. We overhauled the 327 added a new clutch pack plus a few other requested safety features, like a major brake upgrade and fresh interior. More on this as it continues…
We also undertook a much later model Chev., a 79 Scottsdale, which is in for paint and interior but after sitting for 20 years, it doesn't seem to be running right. Hopefully we can figure out the mechanics while the bodywork happens.

clemdaddy 05-07-2017 08:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
April report part 2.
A guy came to us about a year ago with a 66 Ford custom that he wanted a complete frame-up restoration. He requested a motor and the under hood to be restored plus a complete interior like original but he wanted a patina exterior. OK, we can do it. He has come over almost every Sunday since and worked on his truck and he is the main reason that this build had become so enjoyable, an involved customer, gotta love it.
Also this month… Maude got her fenders and the hood is next… And Mark's 50 got blown apart for a resto.

clemdaddy 05-07-2017 08:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
April report part 3
This month we added to the herd a 60 stepper with a great grill and hood and a perfect windshield. Also we got a big window and high hump cab from our favorite salvage guy, thanks Eddie, and no, we didn't even ask about Ford stuff.