The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

Boog 10-30-2017 02:07 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66clow (Post 8071479)
What did you wash your truck with to make it look like the bottom truck? ;) great before and after wash

I want some of what he’s using!

Possmguts 10-30-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR8-68 (Post 8061494)
I did a lot !!! :chevy:

What did I miss here? Did you start on another one??

bennylava 10-30-2017 07:50 PM

I stared at it in shame!

stevenfromtexas 10-30-2017 09:16 PM

shot the last of the high build today. pretty excited!!!

KQQL IT 10-31-2017 02:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 66clow (Post 8071479)
What did you wash your truck with to make it look like the bottom truck? ;) great before and after wash

😎😎😎 got shorter too.

My friends '68 neat truck

joel5150 10-31-2017 10:47 AM

Installed new lowered leaf springs, shocks and shackles in the rear.

Forgot to hit all the bolts with PB Blaster before I started. Advil to the rescue.

Get an old truck, they said. It will be fun to work on, they said.

The rear sits about an inch and a half lower, but rides way better than it did on the old leafs (last owner pulled leafs to lower it).

The front will be addressed with much attention this coming weekend.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/..._Side_VIew.jpg

paul blair 10-31-2017 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Passed " Taxachusetts " inspection early today! I never wait this long but just replaced power steering pressure line that let go at the inspection station a few days ago. The two guys inspecting had a lot of interest in the K/10 and shared some of their CHEVY stories. Made it a fun time. Just wondering if Your STATE INSPECTION stations are taking pictures of the odometer, vin and all four corners? Next thing will be a chip in all of us so they can track are movements.

Grumpy old man 10-31-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul blair (Post 8072541)
Passed " Taxachusetts " inspection early today! I never wait this long but just replaced power steering pressure line that let go at the inspection station a few days ago. The two guys inspecting had a lot of interest in the K/10 and shared some of their CHEVY stories. Made it a fun time. Just wondering if Your STATE INSPECTION stations are taking pictures of the odometer, vin and all four corners? Next thing will be a chip in all of us so they can track are movements.

No state inspections here in Tn , No state income tax, and state budget surplus . I just recently bought a titled cab , Just a cab and when I went down to change the title over into my name they issued a new registration ,and license plates along with the new title . I'm still wondering where to mount the plate ?:lol:

NoStopN 10-31-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8072591)
No state inspections here in Tn , No state income tax, and state budget surplus . I just recently bought a titled cab , Just a cab and when I went down to change the title over into my name they issued a new registration ,and license plates along with the new title . I'm still wondering where to mount the plate ?:lol:

Yeah, the tag it to title it law we have is stupid. But, I've only bought vehicles that run, so I guess it doesn't really bother me.

Mazoh77 10-31-2017 10:25 PM

Ordered a new radiator through ebay, went to an auto parts store and got a grease gun and hit all the fittings i could find on my drivers side. The three block squeak is gone! I'll still have to deal with small coolant puddles for another week or so.

72 tigger 11-06-2017 09:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started driving it again after installing better fenders. Midwest salt is rough on sheet metal.

weq92f 11-06-2017 09:55 PM

Paid 140 bucks to a board member 10 days ago for a wiring harness...... still waiting..................

BugzC10 11-07-2017 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed new diff cover while changing fluid.

fecklessgadfly 11-07-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

It's great to live in the Land of the Free. Even if I am on the downhill side.

Get you one of those dealer type magnet attachments and slap that tag anywhere on the cab you want! :haha:

toolboxchev 11-07-2017 04:12 PM

I hit the gas pedal so hard me thinks it has another 30 horsepower!:devil:

Hotcorner 11-07-2017 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

cool plates too
Posted via Mobile Device

Grumpy old man 11-07-2017 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tn has great plates .

stevenfromtexas 11-07-2017 06:16 PM

whiskey too

Hotcorner 11-07-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8077464)
Tn has great plates .

Is truck registered with that?
Posted via Mobile Device

NoStopN 11-07-2017 08:53 PM

I don't think you legally can. Only options are the antique auto plate or a regular plate, like mine has.

Grumpy old man 11-07-2017 09:09 PM

Yes, You can use the 67 plate in Tn , one time fee for Life time registration , Restricted driving to shows and events , weekends and maintenance / testing :chevy:

Hotcorner 11-07-2017 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8077592)
Yes, You can use the 67 plate in Tn , one time fee for Life time registration , Restricted driving to shows and events , weekends and maintenance / testing :chevy:

Yep. My 69 truck has a 69 plate. A lot of maintenance and testing being done. I really loved my 72 farm plate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Grumpy old man 11-07-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcorner (Post 8077617)
Yep. My 69 truck has a 69 plate. A lot of maintenance and testing being done.
Posted via Mobile Device

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::metal:

NoStopN 11-08-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8077592)

Sounds similar to antique plates. I don't mind paying for yearly registration. Once I get my truck done the way I want, I'll be driving it any time I want.

Metaldoc 11-08-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8077464)
Tn has great plates .

I run a low amp triggered p/w p/l system I made with same basic make up as yours. Low amp switch to run relays. We in Ontario have boring plates.