The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=401176)

Trsmotrhed 02-17-2013 12:16 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugzC10 (Post 5893278)
The install went without a hitch. All the stock parts fit perfectly. Highly recommend them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool, thanks for the info. I just installed my 4" rear coils today. Waiting on the front spindles and new coils. Also shocks and relocation brackets.
Posted via Mobile Device

sbc10guy 02-17-2013 12:28 AM

Finally got my m21 installed. Cant wait to take it out and see how it drives when the salt and snow is gone.

G Man 02-17-2013 12:36 AM

still working on welding up the square tubing for the bed. Front mounts for the bed are done. Been a good day:chevy:

ItsRandy 02-17-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawno72 (Post 5893359)

Nice job on the trans lines. Aren't those little starters the best!

ItsRandy 02-17-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolo33 (Post 5885981)
does someone help me please ?
I've bought a regulator, but there is a condensator and I can't find it on LMC truck's catalog. can you please give me the characteristics of it ?

I think that condenser you are asking about is for radio noise suppression. There may be an additional one on the back of the alternator. I'm not sure what the specifications are for the condenser but if you don't have one I don't believe it will effect the operation of your charging system. You may get interference (static) when listening to the radio.

Because you are in France it must be difficult to get parts when you need them. Can you order from Napa Auto Parts on-line or Rock Auto or a similar on-line auto parts store (not just LMC)?

mortoyz 02-17-2013 12:55 AM

We installed the new gm crate motor today and fired it up. Gonna put the new skyjacker 4 inch springs on next weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bassman53 02-17-2013 03:37 PM

cleaned and painted headlight benzels black

THE BOSS 02-17-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 74baggedbug (Post 5890031)
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...38B4062722.jpg
Installed some led curtesy lights but now my gauge cluster lights look really bad so time to change those to LEDs also
Posted via Mobile Device

where did you get them kick panel area speaker mounts?

dads longhorn 02-17-2013 07:37 PM

Took the cover off and cruised the plaza in 50 degree temps! Spring isn't that far away!

Bishops Trucks 02-17-2013 08:18 PM

The guy I sold my Camaro to finally picked it up so I was able to come-a-long my truck into the garage. Now it's time to start working on it and hopefully get it going by mid summer.

magwakeenercew2jh 02-17-2013 08:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Sunny and nice outside today.

Finished the A/C fan...I have it set up to come on when the A/C switch is activated. With a whole add'l set of relays and wiring on top of the dual fans and thermostat,
it makes for a messy stash of wires.

I may hide them if I get squirrley for another project sometime after the REAL projects run out (if ever), but I guess if I want colsd air in our hot summer months,
the extra fan will be a big help. And, possibly, it will keep the dual radiator fans from working quite so hard. We'll see.

I want to spend the $119 for the chunk of sheet metal that covers the space between the grill and the rad support. But I'm feeling cheap after I had my little date
with the Tax Man yesterday.

:waah::waah:

orangek5 02-17-2013 10:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My 14 year old son and my brother's 14 year old step son rebuilding my brothers step sons uncle's truck.

Rust frame
Attachment 1062193

Painted With Rustolum
Attachment 1062194

Cab With new body mounts
Attachment 1062195

Bed New Body Mounts
Attachment 1062196

Front Clip Just set on for easy removal
Attachment 1062197

Alot of work to still do but boy did they have fun.

Trsmotrhed 02-17-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangek5 (Post 5895390)
My 13 year old son and my brother's 13 year old step son rebuilding my brothers step sons uncle's truck.

Rust frame
Attachment 1062193

Painted With Rustolum
Attachment 1062194

Cab With new body mounts
Attachment 1062195

Bed New Body Mounts
Attachment 1062196

Front Clip Just set on for easy removal
Attachment 1062197

Alot of work to still do but boy did they have fun.

Awesome seeing young ones getting involved. Looks good.
Posted via Mobile Device

ctorres25 02-17-2013 11:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Installed freshly painted parts in engine compartment

Attachment 1062279

Attachment 1062280

Attachment 1062281

Attachment 1062282
This is the original look I am going for
Attachment 1062283

sjarrett71 02-18-2013 12:08 AM

Finished my power steering install. It is SOOOOO much better!!!!!!!

shawno72 02-18-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRandy (Post 5893690)
Nice job on the trans lines. Aren't those little starters the best!

Love the sound of that little starter compared to the old boat anchor of a starter :lol:

bugmasta 02-18-2013 01:03 AM

Changed the oil, installed new bumper brackets, drove it around town enjoying a few rare sun breaks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Expat_dude 02-18-2013 02:36 AM

First skim coat going on

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps65961b4d.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Andy4639 02-18-2013 05:15 AM

No pictures yet but working on the new wiring of the Speed Hut guages and tilting the dash up for better viewing while driving.
I will be posting pic's though at some point!
:lol::lol:

VWNate1 02-18-2013 08:41 AM

Re : What did you do to your truck today!

Wow ~ everyone is so busy ! this is teriffic .

A word or two about AC , E-Fans and such :

The AC condensor should always have at least 1/2" between it and the radiator core for maximum cooling .

This takes a bit of extra work but you'll really like the results .

E-Fans should always be mounted as high up on the radiator core as possible , again so they can deliver maximum cooling .

I always use the biggest one possible, those two shown are barely able to do the job as evidenced by your comment of them working so hard all the time .

E-Fans will always cool better than any mechanical fan , they should be wired through temp switch and relays that are wired live so they'll cycle when the engine is shut down and going through heat soak .

I like hearing about young 'uns helping , my Son began learnng when he was in short pants and is a Journeyman Mechanic now .

I applaud the effort of Torres 25 ! I love those 6 Bangers and always will . the AD Suburban looks good too .

lolo33 02-18-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRandy (Post 5893710)
I think that condenser you are asking about is for radio noise suppression. There may be an additional one on the back of the alternator. I'm not sure what the specifications are for the condenser but if you don't have one I don't believe it will effect the operation of your charging system. You may get interference (static) when listening to the radio.

thank you for answer. I put my regulator with old condensator. will see how it runs when work will be over.

Because you are in France it must be difficult to get parts when you need them. Can you order from Napa Auto Parts on-line or Rock Auto or a similar on-line auto parts store (not just LMC)?

not too difficult to get parts. Just have to pay transportation costs and ....... 20% TAXES MORE !!!!!!!!

lolo33 02-18-2013 01:13 PM

today, covered gas tank with carpet (:m6: tuff !) and made the box for rear HP under bench.

lolo33 02-18-2013 01:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
PICTURES...
Gas tank before and after
and box speakers

magwakeenercew2jh 02-18-2013 04:53 PM

Re: Re : What did you do to your truck today!

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VWNate1 (Post 5896144)
Wow ~ everyone is so busy ! this is teriffic .

The AC condensor should always have at least 1/2" between it and the radiator core for maximum cooling .

E-Fans should always be mounted as high up on the radiator core as possible ..
...I always use the biggest one possible, those two shown are barely able to do the job as evidenced by your comment of them working so hard all the time .

E-Fans will always cool better than any mechanical fan , they should be wired through temp switch and relays that are wired live so they'll cycle when the
engine is shut down and going through heat soak .

Thanks, Nate.

I just went out and checked. I have a minimum of an inch between the condenser and the radiator, as each of these are on the opposite side of the sheet metal on the core support.

I have the primary cooling fans set up on a relay that incorporates a thermostat, which is fired by a sensor that's plugged in up high (near the filler) on the radiator. It also has variable settings.
For right now, I have it set at the lowest (meaning coming on at the "coolest" point). They only seems to cycle on, even at that setting, after some time of idling...even before I had the A/C fan
in there and the A/C was on. Also, I have them set to cycle on regardless of the "key position", for the heat-sumping you mention. I wasn't sure about doing that, but after various tests to see when
they shut down, it seems logical and correct.

Also, on your tip, I may go to one big cooing fan for the radiator. But I don't want to spend the dough if the ones I have are doing the job. Next on the agenda is a new temp gage
sending unit. I've sourced the temp gage problem back to *it*...so, right now, I'm using the temp gage like this, "...the fans are on...musta got warm..." The real fix is in for next week".

:lol:

On your tip I may move the cooling fans up on the radiator. Thanks for that.

I have a separate relay for the new A/C...As I said, it's a whole separate circuit that turns on whenever the A/C switch is activated.

Probably should have gone private with this, but I wanted to thank you. And let some other folks have the benefit of your good tips...

Thanks again.

oneoff 02-18-2013 05:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Cab on,doors being hung and bed being finished.
Drivetain next up

Attachment 1062653

Attachment 1062654

Attachment 1062655

Attachment 1062656

Attachment 1062657