The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Project Family Truckster: 2wd Conversion Turbo LSx Blazer Build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=529064)

Hart_Rod 02-25-2017 10:29 PM

Re: Project Family Truckster: 2wd Conversion Turbo LSx Blazer Build

How are you not breaking something?!?!?! :metal:

boostedc10 02-25-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasted Income (Post 7868404)
Some updates. Haven't done a whole lot to the truck but play with it. The warm winter weather lately has allowed me to go out and put some miles on it.

Had it to the dyno again last fall at my bud's shop. Made a lil more power again. Lol. Got the high power number for the day.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9a&oe=592EFE61

Turbo Clunker - 941 hp / 1093 ft-lb - October 2016 - YouTube

I also upgraded to the new Holley touch screen from the older version. Fabricated a new dash panel out of aluminum to house it as well.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...pslchpdaoj.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps5mw9vbr6.jpg

Quick little rip on a 70 degree Feb day in IL.

Low boost 93 octane pull - YouTube

Pshhhhh not even a 1000 hp weak! ;)

smbrouss70 02-26-2017 08:48 PM

Wow! I love this Blazer.

Wasted Income 02-27-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedc10 (Post 7869732)
Pshhhhh not even a 1000 hp weak! ;)

:lol:

I've got a 150 shot that's been sitting on the shelf waiting to go on.

ZOMG1KHP! ;)

boostedc10 02-27-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasted Income (Post 7871048)
:lol:

I've got a 150 shot that's been sitting on the shelf waiting to go on.

ZOMG1KHP! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Hurry up buttercup!

Wasted Income 04-06-2018 03:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yearly check-in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 7869701)
How are you not breaking something?!?!?! :metal:

You totally jinxed me. lol.

Last spring, was out on a hot lap with a buddy. Laid into it, making a quick pull from 65 or so.....BOOM, clank, clunk, bang, twang :waah:

Hauled it home and pulled the rear diff cover....and all the gears fell out. lol

Put it all back together, went to take it for a ride...backed it out of the shop....put it in drive...no forward gear at all. FACK!

So short story long, it's now got a fully built and billet'd 4L80E with a transbrake, and i sold the 12 bolt and put a 35 spline Moser Dana 60 in it with a True-Trac and Wilwood brakes in.

That ended up being an expensive beat run. :waah::lol:

gringoloco 04-07-2018 05:15 PM

Just keeps getting better

Wasted Income 05-21-2018 01:08 PM

The new rear end and trans seem to be working well.
Here's me and my buddy's turbocharged Viper from 40-130ish. In mexico, of course. :ito:

jjzepplin 05-22-2018 04:04 AM

Mr. Turbo everything. I bet your Hotwheels had turbos. I will have to try to turbo something someday. Looks like a serious blast!

Wasted Income 05-22-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjzepplin (Post 8265872)
Mr. Turbo everything. I bet your Hotwheels had turbos. I will have to try to turbo something someday. Looks like a serious blast!

Haha. And to think, it all started with a ride in a Buick T-type over 20 years ago. Took awhile for the boost addiction to ramp up but it's full force now.:metal:

What's that boat in your avatar? Looks sharp from the little I can see.

jjzepplin 05-22-2018 01:02 PM

Its an old 1986 Baja 200 sport with a 200hp Yamaha. Still does about 70 mph. My wife bought it for me. I wonder how fast it would go with triple turbos...:devil
I saw one of those turbo T types in the 80's at the Baylands Raceway up in California when I was a kid. It did a wheel stand and came back up half way down the track. Thing was ridiculous. It had a big "V6" on the side of it in graphics. My 66 Chevelle did an 11.5 in the quarter first time out and they sent me in to tech which said I had to have scattershields and fire extinguishers etc. So I didn't have any money for all that rollbar jazz so I never got to race again. I was not selling the car. Girlfriend wrecked it...

Wasted Income 05-22-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjzepplin (Post 8266086)
Its an old 1986 Baja 200 sport with a 200hp Yamaha. Still does about 70 mph. My wife bought it for me. I wonder how fast it would go with triple turbos...:devil
I saw one of those turbo T types in the 80's at the Baylands Raceway up in California when I was a kid. It did a wheel stand and came back up half way down the track. Thing was ridiculous. It had a big "V6" on the side of it in graphics. My 66 Chevelle did an 11.5 in the quarter first time out and they sent me in to tech which said I had to have scattershields and fire extinguishers etc. So I didn't have any money for all that rollbar jazz so I never got to race again. I was not selling the car. Girlfriend wrecked it...

Nice rig. I used to have a 17' Hydrostream with a 200 Merc on it. That thing didn't need turbos...it was scary as hell just the way it was. :ack:

jjzepplin 05-22-2018 02:23 PM

Who's holding out on this Sunsation with twin 496's,,,,.... You!

gringoloco 05-22-2018 04:07 PM

Hitting any HRPT stops this year? Love to see this thing in person

Wasted Income 05-23-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjzepplin (Post 8266130)
Who's holding out on this Sunsation with twin 496's,,,,.... You!

Haha, that's one thing I won't put home brewed turbos on. Bump the keys and it starts every time.
If only I could afford the $250,000 EACH for the Merc turbo motors....:lol::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 8266204)
Hitting any HRPT stops this year? Love to see this thing in person

Nope, not this year, unfortunately. There's been several years that HRPT has gone pretty much right past my work, and my house, but this year isn't one of them.

jonesky2 02-21-2021 02:34 PM

Hey what a/c bracket and pump did you use? Looks like it’s tucks in tight

NDM 05-18-2022 01:57 PM

WOW!!

Hey bud. I just bought my 72 Blazer 4x4 and have plans to LS swap it ASAP. I am not that far from you and I work in Peoria frequently. I would love to see this thing in person and maybe link up to pick your brain on some things as I go along.

This Blazer is/will be my daily driver to replace my now sold WK2 Jeep SRT. I want it to have similar performance as the Jeep but with that old 70's Swag.

Let me know if you would be open to letting me check this thing out. PM is fine and I could give you my number. I am in Oswego but my work area basically covers the whole state minus Cook and Lake counties.