The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   60-66 Suburbans (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Let's post 60-66 SUBURBAN Only Pictures (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=438721)

oem4me 05-21-2020 06:54 PM

Re: Let's post 60-66 SUBURBAN Only Pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by chtr65 (Post 8743847)
64 Suburban with factory 283/powerglide, power steering, power brakes, Factory AC, Custom trim, Clam shell gate, Red comfort seat package, tinted glass, Chrome bumpers with front guards.

Yours? Nice! Not many optioned that way.

chtr65 05-21-2020 10:58 PM

This one is on hold till I finish a 66 K-10 1/2 ton. It left the factory all white, was repainted once, all white. I really like the color combo that Yelmer had done a 66 Burb in. Believe it was a medium grey with white top. If I change the color from original it will be that combo. This one will not be getting an LS swap with air ride. It will be kept original. Need to find a nice original, or NOS V8 fan shroud.

oem4me 05-22-2020 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chtr65 (Post 8744045)
I really like the color combo that Yelmer had done a 66 Burb in. Believe it was a medium grey with white top. If I change the color from original it will be that combo.

This one? Post #269 of this thread. Awesome truck, but not Yelmers.

sirJim 05-22-2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

64 Suburban with factory 283/powerglide, power steering, power brakes, Factory AC, Custom trim, Clam shell gate, Red comfort seat package, tinted glass, Chrome bumpers with front guards.

Nice!

chtr65 05-22-2020 10:32 AM

That's the one I was referring to. My mistake on the owner. Of all the color combo's I have seen, this one appeals to me the best. Really nice look.

likaroc13 05-27-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Very cool! Looks like a great one to build. I also like the fact you intend to keep it original. :metal::chevy:

Southcity 07-16-2020 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pre pandemic

Attachment 2033351

Slimegreeeeeen 08-06-2020 03:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Built in 2002-2007, "Ratiki", a 1965 Chevy Suburban was featured in Classic Truck magazine. Built in Austin, Texas by Cameron Day and friends.
[IMG]www.1965classiccar.com[/IMG]

tsutomu27 08-06-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimegreeeeeen (Post 8787989)
Built in 2002-2007, "Ratiki", a 1965 Chevy Suburban was featured in Classic Truck magazine. Built in Austin, Texas by Cameron Day and friends.
[IMG]www.1965classiccar.com[/IMG]

such a cool build. i love that they made the roof a "deck".

i've actually known "crash" (the woman who painted the tiki theme) since i was 15. was very, very sorry to hear of her passing. glad to see you've maintained the theme of the truck :)

Slimegreeeeeen 08-06-2020 10:11 PM

Thanks, man. We're really misssing CRASH!. She was 1 of 1.

Sick5 10-02-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinstripingbyrufus (Post 8653961)
Here’s a few recents, I painted the roof and added a 60 grill.

are you still static drop?

HipCATZ 11-25-2020 12:11 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hello all, not sure where to post this so I'll try here. I have a 1964 Suburban, all original, looks like it was repainted on the exterior once but interior is all original. I have been looking through threads on this site for a while now and for the most part have found answers to most of my questions. One question that I can't seem to find an answer to is paint color for the floor. My cowl tag says the color for the suburban is 558CB and I have found out that refers to Fawn and white. But I have not found listed any reference to the floor color. From what I can gather the truck floors were painted differently from the suburbans. Does anyone know what color the floor is or is suppose to be any rhyme or reason to what colors they are painted? I have posted several pics of my suburban for reference. Thank you in advance!

Attachment 2063004

Attachment 2063005

Attachment 2063006

Attachment 2063009

Attachment 2063010

sirJim 11-25-2020 01:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My 62 has the same color as the rest of the inside.

Southcity 11-25-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HipCATZ (Post 8840540)
Does anyone know what color the floor is or is suppose to be any rhyme or reason to what colors they are painted? I have posted several pics of my suburban for reference. Thank you in advance!

Nice start to your Suburban adventure! I don't know the answer to your question but from the few that I have seen that are still stock with fawn interiors, the floor matched. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on this will chime in.

jweb 11-25-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HipCATZ (Post 8840540)
One question that I can't seem to find an answer to is paint color for the floor. My Does anyone know what color the floor is or is suppose to be any rhyme or reason to what colors they are painted? I have posted several pics of my suburban for reference. Thank you in advance!

On my '64 the floor was Fawn also. You may want to post your question in the 60-66 truck section. There are several members that have way more knowledge than me.

Slimegreeeeeen 12-04-2020 09:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2064781

After twelve years, I've decided to refresh the old girl. I frankly lost interest in "Ratiki" after my dear friend, CRASH!, who did all of the handpainted bamboo and tiki touches passed away in her sleep a few years ago.

Now I'm realizing it's time to honor her and the Burb by knocking off the cobwebs and turning her into a real driver, which was the original goal until things got carried away.

I have a Smeding Performance engine going together as I write this.

Their Hot Rod Series 383 Stroker with 420hp, 250tq, Holley Sniper fuel injection. It's not super crazy and will have plenty of manifold vacuum at idle for my power accessories. I'm hoping to a travel trailer with it and vend shows once we're out of the pandemic.

In advance of my engine's arrival, I'm removing its old engine and detailing the frame and engine compartment to be a great, clean, daily driver, I''m strongly considering a rack and pinion front end that would allow for the drivable ride height to be appreciably lower. It's already bagged but a bit antiquated by today's standards.

I'm hoping to keep my rear bags and C-notch while updating my stock front bags along with the stock front cross-member for superior drivability.

I'm eye-balling Porterbuilt and GSI set us for airbags. Now looking to lay frame but to make it drive lower and as well as possible. I've made inquiries to both. Not cheap, but I figure it's now or never and I have dedicated garage space, tools, and time.

For now, I'm bagging and tagging, cleaning, and marking all connections and parts so that everything can go back in its place. Also detailing components while they're out.

I've got a batch of Eastwood paints, rust inhibitors, and scouring pads that just arrived. Time to clean, scuff, and respray while I have a clean shot at everything.

The next step will be to remove the front clip. Carefully. It's time time to touch up some of the parts that have suffered mild wear or deterioration over the years and replace other components as needed.

The frame where brake fluid dripped on it. Inner fenders with bubbling and slight surface rusting here and there. The normally hard-to-reach places that for the first time in twelve years, won't be inaccessible.

The brake fluid reservoir, which has suffered some major bubbling where I stupidly had it powder-coated prior to installation will be swapped or completely sandblasted and recoated.

The radiator will need a redo or replacement.

It's time to do an overall cleanup and make everything nice and presentable but nowhere near show-car level. After all, I've jumped that shark before.

It's going to be a lot of work. But also, a lot of fun. Will post periodic updates. And please weigh-in if you have opinions or advice to share.

moparandy 01-02-2021 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pinky:gmc[ATTACH]
[/ATTACH]

tsutomu27 01-02-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimegreeeeeen (Post 8844674)
Attachment 2064781

After twelve years, I've decided to refresh the old girl. I frankly lost interest in "Ratiki" after my dear friend, CRASH!, who did all of the handpainted bamboo and tiki touches passed away in her sleep a few years ago.

Now I'm realizing it's time to honor her and the Burb by knocking off the cobwebs and turning her into a real driver, which was the original goal until things got carried away.

I have a Smeding Performance engine going together as I write this.

Their Hot Rod Series 383 Stroker with 420hp, 250tq, Holley Sniper fuel injection. It's not super crazy and will have plenty of manifold vacuum at idle for my power accessories. I'm hoping to a travel trailer with it and vend shows once we're out of the pandemic.

In advance of my engine's arrival, I'm removing its old engine and detailing the frame and engine compartment to be a great, clean, daily driver, I''m strongly considering a rack and pinion front end that would allow for the drivable ride height to be appreciably lower. It's already bagged but a bit antiquated by today's standards.

I'm hoping to keep my rear bags and C-notch while updating my stock front bags along with the stock front cross-member for superior drivability.

I'm eye-balling Porterbuilt and GSI set us for airbags. Now looking to lay frame but to make it drive lower and as well as possible. I've made inquiries to both. Not cheap, but I figure it's now or never and I have dedicated garage space, tools, and time.

For now, I'm bagging and tagging, cleaning, and marking all connections and parts so that everything can go back in its place. Also detailing components while they're out.

I've got a batch of Eastwood paints, rust inhibitors, and scouring pads that just arrived. Time to clean, scuff, and respray while I have a clean shot at everything.

The next step will be to remove the front clip. Carefully. It's time time to touch up some of the parts that have suffered mild wear or deterioration over the years and replace other components as needed.

The frame where brake fluid dripped on it. Inner fenders with bubbling and slight surface rusting here and there. The normally hard-to-reach places that for the first time in twelve years, won't be inaccessible.

The brake fluid reservoir, which has suffered some major bubbling where I stupidly had it powder-coated prior to installation will be swapped or completely sandblasted and recoated.

The radiator will need a redo or replacement.

It's time to do an overall cleanup and make everything nice and presentable but nowhere near show-car level. After all, I've jumped that shark before.

It's going to be a lot of work. But also, a lot of fun. Will post periodic updates. And please weigh-in if you have opinions or advice to share.

Man, I’m really looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I’ll be sharing your progress with Crash’s brother, so please be sure to post updates and pics!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Slimegreeeeeen 01-09-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsutomu27 (Post 8858278)
Man, I’m really looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I’ll be sharing your progress with Crash’s brother, so please be sure to post updates and pics!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Added the new blog in my signature, tsu. Check it out. Having trouble posting pics here. Say hello to Ray-Ray for me. Does Alan still have that nickname? He did some badass lighting in Ratiki. Not changing the interior at all.

Cheers.

Super73 09-02-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Cook (Post 8165824)
This happened about 2 years ago. It was a project now it is gone. 1964 Suburban.

Very sorry for your loss! I hate seeing our hearing of things like that

Southcity 09-15-2021 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Giving this thread a little bump. The latest modification can't really be seen in this shot but it's now sporting an entirely new exhaust system starting with Henderson ceramic Chevy truck headers and cross member cutouts so that the entire exhaust system is tucked up between the frame rails, exits out the back with exhaust ends barely visible under the rear bumper.

MusicMan70 09-15-2021 06:13 PM

Beautiful Burb and a great angle shot that's unique!

JPBrecheisen 10-09-2021 11:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My 63

Southcity 10-11-2021 11:03 AM

What a great looking burb! I'm curious about the reverse lights and what they are from? Do you have any motor and interior shots you can share?

JPBrecheisen 10-12-2021 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southcity (Post 8982641)
What a great looking burb! I'm curious about the reverse lights and what they are from? Do you have any motor and interior shots you can share?

Thank you.

Not sure about the reverse lights. They were there when I acquired it and decided to leave them during the repaint.

Having the seats done so interior is not much to lok at for now. Ill round up some pics of the engine.