The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Son of Trucks are for Chickens ... Its on! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=704263)

70cst 12-06-2016 10:13 AM

Re: Son of Trucks are for Chickens ... Its on!

Folks - As I have said - I had it for a couple weeks before I even knew he arrived - I am in the middle of a rebuild and I am on the road 3-4 days per week - when Monroe was delivered I was not home so I was unaware it was received and put on the shelf with other boxes- being to busy wasn't the issue - not caring was not an issue.

Once 68 CRACKERBOX p.m.'d me which I appreciated - I took him with me on some trips and then sent Monroe on. This was not 68 CRACKERBOX fault and I will take the blame but come on folks - grow up. Its a great idea and 68 CRACKERBOX can send Monroe out when its convenient for him. Maybe Monroe needs a Christmas Break to be with family.

Lets have a more holiday spirit about this thread and less Grinch.

Ok - I am finished with my reply.

Oh Yes ...

Merry Christmas Monroe

flashed 12-06-2016 10:49 AM

I have enjoyed his adventures even if they have been a little slow lately .I would take him but I have no way of posting pics .

ChevyGuyNC 12-06-2016 04:48 PM

Sent a PM. I'll take him any time, Christmas too! My wife will think I'm crazy but then she does anyway, lol. I have three cats for him to meet as well.

crossfire84 12-06-2016 06:12 PM

I had my name in there but he never stopped by.

special-K 12-06-2016 08:03 PM

I'm enjoying it when there is something to enjoy. I'm not being crappy, I'm just telling it like it is and some people just don't get it. A thing like this has to move along to remain interesting. Like a TV show you have to catch every week to keep up.

70 CST, I understand you didn't know Monroe was at your place after he left SoCo's after Halloween. You must not have known you were next. Once you knew you had him, and it had been about 2 weeks of down time, you kept him over two more weeks with long periods of nothing. No one mentioned anything about this break till I brought the thread to the top yesterday.

I don't know what is different, but something isn't working right here. One stop after Halloween and that's it till after Christmas? I participated in this and it was quick fun and easy. I knew when he was coming, when he left the next person knew, and people watching the thread knew what was going on. If people have to ask where he is then it ain't workin'

72 tigger 12-06-2016 10:21 PM

Yep, Tim is right- gotta keep him rolling- like Max pulling the sleigh

CG 12-07-2016 12:25 AM

I don't blame 68 crackerbox in the least, I know full well he has a tough job trying to keep things moving. I blame the people that sign up to play along with an incredibly simple thing. Get chicken, take pictures of chicken with your truck and maybe a little side stuff if side stuff is going on ... send chicken to next stop. If you cant do a simple thing, don't get on the list, if you are too busy, don't get on the list.

I really appreciate all those that have got this figured out and have posted awesome pics. but I also get why a lot of people have bounced. I should have never sent him out again after he showed back up.

My sincere apologies to the board for getting this started and causing irritations among many. I could see the dynamics of the board changing and after the great thread from the first go around with Bonni I figured maybe this could be a good way to lighten things up. Get the kiddos involved with their folks in the truck hobby in a way they could actually participate. Guess I was wrong and I need to grow up.

5150 12-07-2016 02:15 AM

It's all those kids fault that stole him at your hotel.-in my best Scooby Doo villain voice

68 CRACKERBOX 12-07-2016 11:21 AM

everybody calm down, we are getting him ready to go the first of the year, getting a list started now for people for him to vist.he will also have a little son (Monroe Jr)coming with him this time.
so everyone hold tight till newyears and we will get things rolling again and hopefully keep them moving this time.will email everyone he is coming to ahead of time so they know he is coming.

70cst 12-07-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 CRACKERBOX (Post 7789408)
everybody calm down, we are getting him ready to go the first of the year, getting a list started now for people for him to visit. He will also have a little son (Monroe Jr)coming with him this time.
so everyone hold tight till new years and we will get things rolling again and hopefully keep them moving this time will email everyone he is coming to ahead of time so they know he is coming.

This is a great idea - my mistake was I didn't realize Monroe had arrived and I forgot we were only to keep Monroe a week - I apologize for the excess time that I had him. That being said - we learn and improve on the process. Keep it going - its a great thing :metal:

PS: Monroe is back home.

flashed 12-07-2016 01:17 PM

Im glad his adventures will continue .

richard2717 01-12-2017 05:48 PM

I think I found Monroe :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/v...7620421964364/

cknfrmr 01-12-2017 06:05 PM

Is Monroe on a adventure now this 12th day of the new year? Saw that horse on TV. About died laughing.

special-K 01-12-2017 07:20 PM

I've been wondering, too. I guess after waiting and not knowing, then being told we have to wait, now it's time to wait and not know again. When I was on the forum staff the catch phrase above all was "communication is golden". We all know that's true anywhere you go. Let's give it a try here.

cknfrmr 01-12-2017 07:35 PM

went back and checked. said first of year. but not what year. guess will wait and check back later. I do miss it though. was fun to see how creative people are with what they had him doing. hopefully will get up and running soon.

Liz 01-12-2017 08:55 PM

Call TMZ THE CHICKEN IS MISSING!!!!!

Ya'll calm down and let CG/ cracker deal if need be. I seriously doubt a man of the cloth that volunteers on this site is holding him for ransom. Relax, go outside, enjoy life.. monroe will surface soon.

HO455 01-12-2017 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The ugly truth about what Monroe has been up to. I heard he wanted" to build one of dem chebbies."

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5924898657.html

CG 01-14-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 7824279)
Call TMZ THE CHICKEN IS MISSING!!!!!

Ya'll calm down and let CG/ cracker deal if need be. I seriously doubt a man of the cloth that volunteers on this site is holding him for ransom. Relax, go outside, enjoy life.. monroe will surface soon.

HaHa, I am no longer involved in anyway. Monroe has been officially adopted by Cracker. Probably recovering from the holidays. We still are ... still have the tree up =)

special-K 01-22-2017 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No one thinks Dewayne is holding Monroe here. Anyone following this would have seen where he explained his part then sent Monroe back to Crackerbox for the holidays. The question is which holidays. I don't think it's too much to be asking what the heck is up at this point. I mean what is go darn complicated here? This thing depends on participation. That's what it's about, bring us together for some chicken. We've got the ones participating wondering what's going on. When you have that you might as well say it ain't happenin'. I don't think people, who haven't given up, are going to keep on waiting and wondering. The fact is this silly chicken thing is not important. No one is letting this ruin their day. But holy cow, what is going on? Is this thing on or what? No time for it? Fine. When ya gonna let us know? That is all

Ol Blue K20 01-22-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7834964)
No one thinks Dewayne is holding Monroe here. Anyone following this would have seen where he explained his part then sent Monroe back to Crackerbox for the holidays. The question is which holidays. I don't think it's too much to be asking what the heck is up at this point. I mean what is go darn complicated here? This thing depends on participation. That's what it's about, bring us together for some chicken. We've got the ones participating wondering what's going on. When you have that you might as well say it ain't happenin'. I don't think people, who haven't given up, are going to keep on waiting and wondering. The fact is this silly chicken thing is not important. No one is letting this ruin their day. But holy cow, what is going on? Is this thing on or what? No time for it? Fine. When ya gonna let us know? That is all

Amen!!! Well said Tim.

fun in dirt 01-23-2017 06:39 PM

:agree::confused:

pwdcougar 01-23-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7834964)

Ditto. I was kinda hoping that Monroe would visit NJ at some point!

Paul

firedemon 01-27-2017 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hes flown the coop

67ChevyRedneck 01-27-2017 10:15 PM

OMG! :lol:

special-K 03-29-2017 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by firedemon (Post 7840340)
hes flown the coop

:lol: Funny! Sad but I'd have to agree. Could have had more fun, but gone without a word.