The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I with I had been driving my truck last night. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=689613)

palallin 08-28-2016 03:22 PM

Re: I with I had been driving my truck last night.

I hit a deer with my truck, a pretty good-sized doe, doing about 35. I pulled the grill guard back toward the grill and broke the bug shield. The grill shell got a small dent on the side, no other damage. The deer was airborne when I lost side of it. I used a come-along to pulled the guard back out and removed the broken bug shield.

In The Ten Ring 08-28-2016 04:04 PM

I finally updated this thread with pics. See my opening post.

68C15 08-31-2016 07:12 AM

that's not so bad. I would have got a junk yard hood and called it a day.

I've got a couple pics of deer in my trunk. PM me your cell and I'll text them to you

brad_man_72 08-31-2016 10:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
5mph. The right fender was ok. Bent the frame. You don't want to imagine what I would have given to have been driving my $800 miata instead.. at 10 mph or even 30mph would have been better than doing that to my truck. Hell ill go set it on fire right now if it would bring my original front clip back.
I can't believe anybody would wish bad things would have rather happened to their trucks.

dazza 08-31-2016 11:12 PM

I remember this thread, but just noticed something. It's posted on 11-24-2015 and the bear was hit "last night", although the pics show a date of 03-19-2014? huh?
Not saying it didn't happen, just curious.

AnotherWs6 09-01-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad_man_72 (Post 7700657)
5mph. The right fender was ok. Bent the frame. You don't want to imagine what I would have given to have been driving my $800 miata instead.. at 10 mph or even 30mph would have been better than doing that to my truck. Hell ill go set it on fire right now if it would bring my original front clip back.
I can't believe anybody would wish bad things would have rather happened to their trucks.

Did that thing jump right out in front of you?? Kinda need an explanation on that one.

Jarvis-69 GMC 1500CK 09-01-2016 12:43 PM

We almost hit 4 deer on our way home from the lake :lol: Luckily all 4 brakes locked up and I ended up doing a half assed doughnut (old farmers gravel road) Doing nothing but tapping the side of what has to be the luckiest deer alive!

Teaches me for doing Sk speed limit (50 MPH gravel) on a truck with no computer stuff, could of been worse if someone was around. (still getting used to driving the truck)

brad_man_72 09-01-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 (Post 7700972)
Did that thing jump right out in front of you?? Kinda need an explanation on that one.

Over a week of working in 100* heat, after work, towed a ford out of the road, loaded a truck full of carpet, I was hungry and fell asleep, at least asleep enough to not look around my a pillar to see the pole in the parking lot. Had I been ripping donuts I would have been awake to avoid the pole.
It makes me sick. Driving tired is just as bad as driving drunk.

In The Ten Ring 09-01-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68C15 (Post 7699746)
that's not so bad. I would have got a junk yard hood and called it a day.

I've got a couple pics of deer in my trunk. PM me your cell and I'll text them to you

Thanks man. Over 60% of "totaled" according to the adjuster. I was worried it was totaled out.

More damage under the hood than one would have expected and the front bumper cover was shattered. Not many Honda's in local junkyards.

I can't do text pictures though, the phone is only a flip phone and isn't up the task. I'll PM my email if you want to email those.

*Deer hits account for some 70 percent of all auto body repair work in WV!

In The Ten Ring 09-01-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad_man_72 (Post 7700657)

Driving tired is very dangerous. Glad you are OK and I hope you got it fixed.

I'd had two driving tired crashes. Fortunately both were minor and I learned my lesson.

I never wished anything bad on my truck. I did wonder though, on a thread where I would expect others might know from experience, if my truck would have fared better. When I began this thread, I feared my car might have been totaled out and I'm unable to buy an equal car for what that car is worth to the insurance company (full coverage still).

In The Ten Ring 09-01-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazza (Post 7700690)
I remember this thread, but just noticed something. It's posted on 11-24-2015 and the bear was hit "last night", although the pics show a date of 03-19-2014? huh?
Not saying it didn't happen, just curious.

You aren't the first to be confused by that! : It's been 2014 on the camera since I bought it two years ago! Thanks Polaroid. My phone is a flip phone, so don't ever expect to see a pic from my phone.

dazza 09-01-2016 05:34 PM

ha, I thought about that later, I'm always too lazy to be going through a bunch of menus to set the correct date. I would think with today's technology you should be able to at least tell your device what day it is if it forgets!

In The Ten Ring 09-01-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazza (Post 7701357)
ha, I thought about that later, I'm always too lazy to be going through a bunch of menus to set the correct date. I would think with today's technology you should be able to at least tell your device what day it is if it forgets!

Glad I'm not the only one! That little Polaroid is a bit hard to use.