The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

Glorybound13 03-30-2012 12:55 PM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Quick change rearends aren't just for '32s. :) Great choice. Will give it a unique look and sound. Have a feeling this is going with a modern, slammed appearance but will have some old school flavor. Looks great so far. As a side note, I'm glad to see that '71-'73 Mustang (looks like a Mach 1) in the background getting some love. They're good looking cars.

shawno72 03-30-2012 01:21 PM

Here we go!!!

1stchevy 03-30-2012 03:16 PM

Praying for your mom and your family. The truck sounds like a great way to honor her.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dunenutt 03-30-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5283782)
What do you guys think of th rear end. It is a winters 10. That thing is massive.
Posted via Mobile Device

It elevates the the truck to an entirely different level!:metal: It will be a shame to cover it up. Lexan bed?

duallyjams 03-30-2012 05:44 PM

Love rear it will be killer. I don't what your plan is for the bed but what ever it is you need to see the that rear in there.

big_al_71 03-30-2012 09:05 PM

some great parts waiting for their install.

texastrendz 03-30-2012 09:16 PM

Spill the beans on that radiator you got in the pic

72 Super 03-30-2012 10:15 PM

Sorry to hear about your mom. I am sure she will appreciate the dedication of this truck in here name. I wish you all the best on this build, I am sure it will be super nice!!!

Ray

DRTYRAT30 03-31-2012 12:25 AM

are you keeping the engine & Trans thats in the truck now... Love the quick chage rear, going to be unique for sure.... I painted a car years ago PPG bright orange toner with a HOK tangelo pearl over it, and oh man did it stand out in a crowd..Looking good man

kvn1011 03-31-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texastrendz (Post 5284759)
Spill the beans on that radiator you got in the pic

I saw that also!! Part no says a Northern Race Radiator, question for ya, will it drop in to stock location?? And are you getting the Ls motor for this build??

I like tuning in to your builds, lots of hard work and great parts, & great ideas!! But on another note, Ill send prayers up so that blessings and favor comes down!!

Subscribed

superflysteiny 03-31-2012 01:35 AM

Ok boys here's the deal with the motor I want to know what you guys think. I thought about going with a blown and injected small block. Or I will go with a ls engine. Just not sure yet. Let me know what you guys think
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 03-31-2012 01:37 AM

As far as the bed it will be oak the center of the wood will be cut out and plexxy glass will be in the center lined by LEDs to light it up so you will be able to see the polished rear end. Trans will also be polished
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 03-31-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYRAT30 (Post 5285184)
are you keeping the engine & Trans thats in the truck now... Love the quick chage rear, going to be unique for sure.... I painted a car years ago PPG bright orange toner with a HOK tangelo pearl over it, and oh man did it stand out in a crowd..Looking good man

Color is solid hugged orange looks great
Posted via Mobile Device

duallyjams 03-31-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5285264)
As far as the bed it will be oak the center of the wood will be cut out and plexxy glass will be in the center lined by LEDs to light it up so you will be able to see the polished rear end. Trans will also be polished
Posted via Mobile Device

The plexiglass is exactly what I was thinking.
Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5285261)
Ok boys here's the deal with the motor I want to know what you guys think. I thought about going with a blown and injected small block. Or I will go with a ls engine. Just not sure yet. Let me know what you guys think
Posted via Mobile Device

100% it should be a injected blown engine.

darkhorse970 03-31-2012 07:48 AM

Sorry to hear about you mothers cancer. It looks like a nice truck is in the works...

big_al_71 03-31-2012 08:49 AM

Eric I would go with a twin turbo ls3 motor which is the route I am going with on my next truck....

darkhorse970 03-31-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_al_71 (Post 5285437)
Eric I would go with a twin turbo ls3 motor which is the route I am going with on my next truck....

I agree, I want to do that in a truck in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

rob32472 03-31-2012 10:09 AM

Eric, I am sorry to hear about your mother..... I understand what your family is going through right now... 7 years ago I was diagnosed in my right leg... That was the hardest period of my life... My thoughts and prayers are with your mother. If I may ask would you PM me her first name so that I may pray for her personally? It looks like a great build and I look forward to progress.... Your builds are always just plain sick and I know this one will be no exception

jbclassix 03-31-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_al_71 (Post 5285437)

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkhorse970 (Post 5285527)
I agree, I want to do that in a truck in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

x3

or just TT LS

superflysteiny 03-31-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob32472 (Post 5285561)
Eric, I am sorry to hear about your mother..... I understand what your family is going through right now... 7 years ago I was diagnosed in my right leg... That was the hardest period of my life... My thoughts and prayers are with your mother. If I may ask would you PM me her first name so that I may pray for her personally? It looks like a great build and I look forward to progress.... Your builds are always just plain sick and I know this one will be no exception

Her name is Lynne Steinbrecher. Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 03-31-2012 01:03 PM

I am thinking a lsx block with bds blower and injection hat. I love twin turbo but I don't feel like spending 30000 on the motor. If the truck was my 40 ford and worth that kind of money I would do it. I am thinking 15000 on the motor
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 03-31-2012 01:09 PM

Reason I am thinking grass roots blower is because it's a speed shop truck and there is very little mantance on them were turbo motors are more up keep
Posted via Mobile Device

ortegamotor 03-31-2012 05:37 PM

go with the blower . clean strip down old school ....

DRTYRAT30 03-31-2012 07:35 PM

idk nothing screams old school cali speed shop like a Hilborn Injection... hooked up to that polished trans and quick change.....just sayin

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...572_engine.jpg

So the motor in the truck now, is it a TBI 350?

67cheby 03-31-2012 09:08 PM

I would have yo agree with that !
Posted via Mobile Device