The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   why? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=239498)

Jerry Jones 05-05-2007 02:22 AM

Re: why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy longhorn (Post 2158686)
My old dad told me "ifn you dont have nothin good to say, dont say nothin at all".....but I never did listen! You guys are a bunch of critics......if it aint stock, you gotta slam it. Now I will say for sure that the chop was a little short for my taste, but you need to respect the work that went into that;) ill bet at least 1/2 of the critics are 1/2 my age, & never touched custom work like that (Ill be 50 this year), & you guys are allready hardset in your veiws.....wait till you are my age.....I hope you all mellow out some! Im not here to say whats right/wrong with a build, as there are many ways to do the same old truck. What I am saying is OPEN your minds to the next guys build(even if you dont agree with it), as chances are it was not built for YOU! Off the soap box.......:crazy: L

Ya got me by about 8 years... but there aint no way that on God's green earth would I waste a perfectly good truck to do this to. He should have found himself an Impala:blah:

OlChev67 05-05-2007 03:10 AM

I love stacks. I dont like the chop too much, but alot of work went in to it to look that way, so, sweet.

Shane 05-05-2007 11:10 AM

I'm with crazy_longhorn on this one ... the guy has a LOT more balls than 90% of the posters here. He built it HIS way and didn't post on some internet forum once a day asking other so-called experts "how does this look" ... or "what do you think of this" ... he actually went out in the shop and did something HIS WAY as opposed to sitting at a computer and picking someone else's ride apart.

You guys make me laff.

Jerry Jones 05-05-2007 11:31 AM

Wow, what is the point in asking, if you cant give your opinion? Next time I guess I will just read the other peoples responses and keep my thoughts to myself.

I definatly will not dispute the amount of work done. I just would have put my energy and money to different uses.

jmho

C-ya

heavy71chevy 05-05-2007 12:30 PM

i apreciate how much time was put into it..id switch a few things tho if i owned it....the chop is indeed a bit radical but then again from the description the whole truck was ment to be a radical show truck so its understandable..i really dont dig the stacks or the chain wheel tho lol

glock35ipsc 05-05-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstm68 (Post 2157299)
doen anyone here like this ??

Simple enough question.

My simple answer is NO.

crazy longhorn 05-05-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc (Post 2159678)
Simple enough question.

My simple answer is NO.

I like it! While it does not have the mods done to my personal taste, it is a rad pc. It reflects a lot of damn hard work, & a "build what I want attitude";) These types of builds are not for everybody .......but they do need the respect. HE!!, if every old mutt did the same old stock build.....it would be awfull BORING! I guess my thoughts (better put), are.....if the magority of the critics spent more time workin on their trucks, & less time raggin on what the next guys built, youall will have sweeter trucks, & no need for the jealousy you feel when you see one of the chopped top "monsters":lol: :crazy: L

mbgmike 05-05-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1970bowtie (Post 2157382)
looks like it should belong to a red-neck pimp

Thats Funny! Those exhaust stacks it seems to me are getting more popular. I have started to see them on late model diesel pickups here.

glock35ipsc 05-05-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy longhorn (Post 2160038)
Quote:

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc
Simple enough question.

My simple answer is NO.

I like it! While it does not have the mods done to my personal taste, it is a rad pc. It reflects a lot of damn hard work, & a "build what I want attitude";) These types of builds are not for everybody .......but they do need the respect. HE!!, if every old mutt did the same old stock build.....it would be awfull BORING! I guess my thoughts (better put), are.....if the magority of the critics spent more time workin on their trucks, & less time raggin on what the next guys built, youall will have sweeter trucks, & no need for the jealousy you feel when you see one of the chopped top "monsters":lol: :crazy: L

The PO's simple question didn't include anything about jealousy, hard work, respect, criticism, or ragging on the guy. He asked if anyone likes it. I gave him my answer that included nothing about jealousy, hard work, respect, criticism, or ragging on the guy.

Just to reiterate, no, I don't like it.

Shane 05-05-2007 09:21 PM

So, are we correct in our assumption that you don't like it then? :sexy:

Bamm 05-05-2007 09:51 PM

Hey Shane & CrazyL, we're not hatin' on the guy, I DO understand that there is a lot of blood sweat & money tied up in this truck, but then again that wasn't the question. The question was: Do you like this truck? Don't ask a question if you aren't prepared to take the answer. When I throw my truck pics out here and ask people what they think about it, I will be 100% prepared for any answer, but I won't be naive enough to think that everyone will/should like it. And I will be big enough not to call out the guys that don't like it.

if the majority of the critics spent more time working on their trucks, & less time ragging on what the next guys built, you all will have sweeter trucks, & no need for the jealousy you feel when you see one of the chopped top "monsters" L

If I am jealous of anything it would be that I don't have quite the $$$$$ to put in my truck that this guy does. I am definitely NOT jealous of the truck. :) In the end, I'm sure he is happy with his truck and I doubt anything any of us say will change that. Peace Out.................Bamm!

brak 05-05-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69clark (Post 2157369)
I you ask me, he ruined a perfectly good truck. Sure it could be fixed with a new cab, but I'd rather build my own.

Buy it and i'll trade you cabs :lol:

I like the chop, but i could do without the bed and interior...

just my $0.02 :)

glock35ipsc 05-05-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 2160150)
So, are we correct in our assumption that you don't like it then? :sexy:

:lol: Exactomundo!

yourgrool 05-05-2007 10:34 PM

all that work and couldnt move the tank and shave the hole?

Snohog 05-06-2007 06:03 AM

Wish I had his talents if he did it himself. I think the bid price says alot.

jamis 05-06-2007 06:48 AM

I dont like some of the mods, but it wouldnt take long to turn it into something I would like.

At least the guy is original and shows no fear of the sawall