The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   "OrangeAnimal" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=333475)

OrangeAnimal 04-28-2009 04:20 PM

Re: "OrangeAnimal"

I used a sawzall and big drill and a angle grinder. I did not remove the bed I just removed the bolts and lifted it one side at a time. Take your time marking the section you are cutting out. It takes some time to do it but worth it.

flamingbig10 04-28-2009 04:23 PM

nice seats, are going to add new carpet, lower door carpet panels and headliner trim

3r!c84 04-28-2009 04:37 PM

yea i dont realy wanta cut into the frame,but i wanta go low.and i dont think the 3/4drop will bring it down that much?but in the 3/4 you still have to cut into the bad
and it will be too low becuse im going to use the stock rim and tire combo?

OrangeAnimal 04-28-2009 06:18 PM

The stock wheel and tire combo will still fit with the 3/4 drop. Your overall tire diameter is about 28 inches and I have about that much tire diameter with a 5/7 drop.

Flaming, I am going to replace the carpet and I have all the trim panels for the inside. I don't think I will add lower door panels though. I like the orange. I still need to at some point paint the inside of the truck. I am going with a satin black. I plan on painting the whole truck someday. Flat Orange and black.

3r!c84 04-28-2009 09:27 PM

yea i think im going to go with the 3/4 drop im driving it to highschool next school year and its going to be a dd so cant go to extrme

OrangeAnimal 04-29-2009 03:02 AM

I drive mine almost everyday.

Oldschool82 05-05-2009 01:45 AM

Hey...New to the board. I am digging the rims and the orange..nice truck!

jchav62 05-05-2009 09:03 AM

Looking good!!

OrangeAnimal 05-05-2009 05:39 PM

Thanks. Next I am working on the A/C I have almost all the parts now. I am waiting on back ordered stuff now. I went ahead and mounted the unit under the dash. I also ran some of the duct work. I will try to snap some pics.

OrangeAnimal 06-19-2009 09:39 AM

Well it's been 2 months since I ordered my A/C stuff from HotRodAir Inc. I still do not have all the stuff. I suggest not using that company. In the meantime here are a couple pics. Enjoy!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...l/IMG_1718.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...l/IMG_1717.jpg

menace121978 06-19-2009 10:27 AM

truck looks great man. i was wondering where you been.

smashingchuck 06-19-2009 10:36 AM

What are you waiting on from Hot Rod Air? They took about a month to fill my order as well, then didn't tell me when some of it was on back order until I asked where the rest of the parts were. Kinda crappy, but that was a year ago and I'm still not to that point in my build.

05Gibbs 06-19-2009 11:52 PM

i really like your truck im actually building one about like it but using hotrod flatz hugger orange but anyways i was just wondering why the people that bedlinered the truck took the time to do the jams but not the inside of the bed i think that would have been cool but good work very slick truck

OrangeAnimal 06-20-2009 09:39 PM

Yeah i was busy with the moving Menace.

Smashing, I hope they can get the stuff to me soon. I placed the order on 4/06/09!!!! This is getting crazy!!

05gibbs I have put alot of work into redoing alot of things they had rigged up on this truck. I have taken every chance to improve the truck as much as my budget would allow. If I ever sell the truck someone is getting a part of me with it. Also getting a badass truck too! I probably won't ever sell it. I want to give it to my son in another 15 years. I have been looking at the flat paints as well. I might go that route eventually. I want a 2 tone job with a nice pinstripe breaking the colors. I have thought about orange and blue with a green pinstripe.

87Lowrider 06-21-2009 08:20 AM

nonetheless,

Truck is coming along very well I'd say!

Love the seats! - What were they out of?

Ken

OrangeAnimal 06-21-2009 09:27 AM

The seats are made by APC. They are a complete set. Left right and the middle with the bracket they were about 350 shipped IIRC. They are alot nicer than I thought they would be but the material is kinda thin. I plan on using them until the fabric gives out and then having them re covered.

ndametz32 06-21-2009 08:51 PM

Gotta love Orange! Sweet lookin' truck you got there. Like those wheels alot

OrangeAnimal 06-21-2009 10:35 PM

Thanks ndametz, I love the color it's my 3rd orange ride. In order I have had a 74 VW SuperBeetle, A 2000 Civic Custom body work and I added a Turbo and lots of other goodies 12.8 @ 102mph that kinda says it all. And now the truck. I am still thinking about the truck and whether or not I will repaint it. Maybe someday..

jgh64pkup 06-22-2009 10:54 AM

if you keep the rhino lining you dont have to worry about scratches
the truck looks great

OrangeAnimal 06-23-2009 09:08 AM

The only thing about the Rhino Liner is it has faded on the roof and hood some. Also with heat it will crack eventually. I don't know that it will ever be easy to remove. If I do repaint I will more than likely have to just replace panels. I will keep it the way it is for now though and now since I have moved it has a place in the garage so that should help alot.

justpball 06-23-2009 09:20 AM

nice ride ! keep us posted on the A/C build.

OrangeAnimal 06-24-2009 07:42 PM

Well the A/C system is slowly coming along. I got another package of parts. Now all I need is the alternator bracket and the Control panel.

Thanks for the Compliments! I wish I had more time to enjoy the truck. The A/C will make it possible.

smashingchuck 06-25-2009 01:19 PM

ok, I'm getting ready to start my A/C install... where are the pics??

Also.... what are you doing with the glove box? Seems like there's not a whole lot of room for it anymore in it's stock form?

Rollinsqrbdy 06-25-2009 02:06 PM

Bro that truck is so sweet!!!

OrangeAnimal 06-25-2009 06:02 PM

Thanks rollinsqrbdy and Smashing I will be glad to help you out. I will have to get some pics. The glove box was modified dramatically. You have to do the same thing with the Vintage Air unit as well. It's not hard to do. Remove the glove box, then remove the door from it. This is kinda tricky cause of the latch, now cut the lower portion off at a angle. I will snap some pics in a few. I will post some and then pm you to let you know that they are up.