The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   aluminum radiator with fans (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=269234)

danman987123 12-29-2008 11:36 PM

Re: aluminum radiator with fans

NOT BAD PERFORMANCE. FANS BLOW VERY STRONG. great product i have bought a few from him with no problems

thirdstreettito 12-30-2008 02:41 AM

I'll have to look into getting one of these!

Senator350 12-30-2008 02:50 AM

nobody's talked to him?
sounds like how i got my headers on ebay.

i should probably mind my own business... but i'm pretty sure there are chinese parts to be had... somewhere... like everywhere... anyone wanna buy some headers... in a couple months :)

PipsC10 12-30-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danman987123 (Post 3054085)
NOT BAD PERFORMANCE. FANS BLOW VERY STRONG. great product i have bought a few from him with no problems

thanks for the info, his feedback on e-bay is 100% positive so it sounds like a good route to go....thanks

gumbudah 03-12-2009 10:19 PM

I think I'm going to get one of these. Seems to me in another add, he also mentions an available oil cooler. has anyone purchased a version of these with an oil cooler?

weircc 03-12-2009 11:01 PM

hey i wanted to post some input i bought one of these off brand rad. and fan kits of ebay was around 550 bucks about three years ago for my camaro never ever had i had a problem and im running a 468 bbc and i don't show no mercy on her, stays around 180-190 even on a 90+ degree day.money well spent.if you guys want i can post some pics tomorrow just let me know. oh yea im running 4 speed also so don't know about trans temp but just get a tranny cooler pretty cheap, and i will be ordering for my 67 soon.

now i wanna say i don't know if this is same manufacture but it was the generic off ebay.

72blue 03-12-2009 11:44 PM

only con about aluminum rads is they cannot be repaired...

454_72_4X4 03-13-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72blue (Post 3194557)
only con about aluminum rads is they cannot be repaired...

Huh? Y not? I've seen some that have been repaired. They were 4 wheeler radiators but still aluminum.

stunna 03-13-2009 09:41 PM

anybody installed one of these yet on a 67-72 truck??

GASWAGON 03-14-2009 06:06 AM

I just got mine. Really nice. Relay harness is O.E. quality. The radiator looks great and is nicer than my BECOOL in the GTO. My upper mounting brackets don't line up with the original holes in the core support when installed on the new radiator tanks. No big deal. Fits with a sb and long pump in the foward mounting position. Let you know how it cools in a couple of weeks.

bman021 03-15-2009 04:07 PM

I have one ordered. If it is anything like it looks in the pictures it will be great.

pocoloco71 04-06-2009 11:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got mine zipped tied in place now, trying to get it to fit with new core
support. I have been searching for it, haven't found it yet but there is a
build thread where somebody besides me has one of the entropytec
radiators. I think it's TarvisH but couldn't find it. I need to find out what
to do about lower cushions, upper cushions. bracket mounting etc. I can
figure something out, but if someone has already blazed the trail, I'd
sure appreciate some ideas. I have cut the lower cushion brackets out,
(installed crooked anyway) and bought both sizes of the cushion inserts
from Summit and some generic brackets. So far not to keen on using them.
I would like to have some nice aluminum brackets, that would enable me
to mount both a power steering resevoir and a radiator overflow tank.

project1971 04-06-2009 03:07 PM

anyone got a recent link to these?

weircc 04-06-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project1971 (Post 3241770)
anyone got a recent link to these?

i just contacted him today he is out of stock on our trucks he said he will have some in two weeks or so he also said them he makes them too.

es67chevy 04-23-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocoloco71 (Post 3241417)
I got mine zipped tied in place now, trying to get it to fit with new core
support. I have been searching for it, haven't found it yet but there is a
build thread where somebody besides me has one of the entropytec
radiators. I think it's TarvisH but couldn't find it. I need to find out what
to do about lower cushions, upper cushions. bracket mounting etc. I can
figure something out, but if someone has already blazed the trail, I'd
sure appreciate some ideas. I have cut the lower cushion brackets out,
(installed crooked anyway) and bought both sizes of the cushion inserts
from Summit and some generic brackets. So far not to keen on using them.
I would like to have some nice aluminum brackets, that would enable me
to mount both a power steering resevoir and a radiator overflow tank.

Did you get any tips on which support brackets work the best? I just ordered mine from Tony and am awaiting its arrival. Not sure whether either of the stock brackets would work.

TravisH 04-23-2009 08:40 PM

pocoloco71 that post is on the 2nd page of this thread

I widened the small block brackets 3/4" of an inch and cut the cushions in half to fit.

GASWAGON 04-25-2009 04:59 AM

I used the stock brackets and trimmed them at the front. The side facing the core support. I then trimmed the cushions the same way. I also had to trim a little off the right side (looking from the drivers seat)of the core support on my 67. No big deal. The rad/fans works excellent. My only trouble is it cools so well that , with the current temp, where I live (50-60F) the truck runs too cold(150-160) thats not good for the engine. I bought a different fan switch from summit to turn the fans on at 195f and off at 180f. Still doesn't get up to temp until after sitting for some time then the fans kick in and the temp drops fast!! Driving it doesn't get up at all. I highly reccomend his products and his service has been great. I have also ordered a fan and shroud for another project and he gave me a great deal!!

es67chevy 04-25-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GASWAGON (Post 3277108)
I used the stock brackets and trimmed them at the front. The side facing the core support. I then trimmed the cushions the same way. I also had to trim a little off the right side (looking from the drivers seat)of the core support on my 67. No big deal. The rad/fans works excellent. My only trouble is it cools so well that , with the current temp, where I live (50-60F) the truck runs too cold(150-160) thats not good for the engine. I bought a different fan switch from summit to turn the fans on at 195f and off at 180f. Still doesn't get up to temp until after sitting for some time then the fans kick in and the temp drops fast!! Driving it doesn't get up at all. I highly reccomend his products and his service has been great. I have also ordered a fan and shroud for another project and he gave me a great deal!!

Do you happen to have any pics of what you did? I think I follow, but a picture is worth a thousand words. :lol:

dakman 09-11-2009 09:48 PM

bumpin for an update.. curious to see how these two made out with the final install?

es67chevy 09-11-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakman (Post 3514030)
bumpin for an update.. curious to see how these two made out with the final install?

Supposed to get my truck back from body shop next weekend. I can mock it up and let you know what I find out.

Van Cour 09-12-2009 01:07 AM

this guy has got to be making bank...

mclairmo 10-28-2009 03:03 PM

Any updates?

vegaschevy 10-28-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclairmo (Post 3590939)
Any updates?

x2

DC COBRA 10-28-2009 03:45 PM

Tried the link and E-BAY says no good anymore, any one have a current contact for this guy??

DON

Alex Hayley 10-28-2009 03:49 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-72...Q5fAccessories