The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   how about a "SHINY" shop truck ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=304944)

'68 C-20 09-30-2008 08:41 AM

Re: how about a "SHINY" shop truck ?

I like the Shop Truck theme. When I was a kid we owned the local Garage/Gas Pump. We had a Chevy Tow truck. My plans are to add signage and to theme mine after a Road Service Truck that we owned. Tow bar, lights, Gas Can, Bed tool Box etc, All items period correct.

original_balzer 10-01-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 2910213)
Since it has such an original look and I think that`s what you like,I have a suggestion to spice it up.I have a plan and by the time I do it,I won`t be the 1st.I`ve already seen things going this way.
With your truck I`d keep it somewhat original,period-correct,with a touch of spice.
1:Lower mildly as you wanted to
2:Keep the wheels and tires.Paint wheels or just lip red and get full wheelcovers.That`s the ole boy way with wheels and tires.Could use the later 69-72s or choise earlier Chevy car ones,like the 15" SS covers,61-66.Those 65-66s look awesome and were popular to swap..
3:Maybe a couple/few choice vintage decals.I`d go for a days gone by Dragstrip decal for sure if nothing else.
4:Red tonneau
5:I`d want split headers and duals out the back,too.

This is something a guy might have done back in this era.Would have been an adult born before WWII in his 30s.The guys that were king of the rod & racing scene in the late 60s/early 70s.

This sounds like a good idea!

chevychase 10-02-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelhorse (Post 2876310)
I would chrome the front,add a 2/4 drop and some corvette rallys or maybe some torque thrusts.If you wanted it could always be undone.Hard to beat black and chrome

What he said!

matthufham 10-02-2008 12:50 AM

i associate red rims with the rat rod look. go with some chrome 18's/20's, wider in the rear

72lb4x4 10-02-2008 01:59 AM

I'll apologize at the beginning.

No red wheels. Done
No rat rod. Over done
No lowering. Done over and over. Ruins the original value (if there was any ;))
No red wheels or any other garish color. Sorry, I'm low key.

Edit: Oh crap!. No too small or big wheels. >14&<20 please. Leave it to the lat model trucks.

Plain old truck trucks are getting rare. Try that.

Just my opinion...

kcjones 10-24-2008 05:43 PM

Well put, 72lb4x4...I'm loving that all this good conversation is coming out, I think that's what 19673ontree set out to get. Good job, board, excellent thoughts and ideas. My opinion is simple: don't hack it up. Everything other than I think would be superb. I personally would slap 17" vette rallys on everything, but that's me, and I don't have a stellar, beautiful, original 67 swb.

19673ontree 10-24-2008 06:29 PM

WOW! lot of great opinion's , it's been a while since I started this thread and the answer to this problem is simple , if I want a shop truck I will have to buy another truck !
I added power steering to the 67 and mounted the spare in the bed like they used to be , so I am gonna leave the the black 67 c10 alone but I still may lower just slightly ,
I don't need another vehicle to take car of , heck one 67 camaro RS and one 67 short bed pickup is all I need !!

bowtieboy93 10-24-2008 08:31 PM

DONT CHANGE IT!
keep it how it is
your one of the few people who has such a factory truck and I love it!
dont change anything about it

scrapmetalart 10-24-2008 09:56 PM

I LOVE your truck. I am for lowering it & painting on your shop logo. leave the wheels & tires stock!!!

Slik69 10-24-2008 11:55 PM

i don't see a problem with leaving it as it is. A lot of guys are striving for a classic this clean and you got it. Now if you just gotta spend $$ use premium gas instead and enjoy the drive even better. Some things are just meant to be as they are.

Off topic, but I had a really clean 66stock mustang.. and I wanted to restomod it my way. Well 6 years later, I decided to leave it alone and just drive the dam thing. I am GLAD I did not change anything. I think this car gets more attention because I left it original looking. There's value in leaving it stock. I see nada wrong with your truck.