The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=505869)

med.bronze 01-28-2012 01:39 PM

Re: How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

mine is the color of my 71 K10 LWB that came from Susanville, Ca.

big_al_71 01-28-2012 01:46 PM

Re: How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

Big Al 71

^ ^ ^
I am big my name is Al and I have a 71

:lol:

jayman68 01-28-2012 02:00 PM

My truck is a 68 C10 and my birth year is 68, plus my nickname.

1970 Bowtie 01-28-2012 02:01 PM

1970 year of my truck and the bowtie:chevy:.The year of the truck may change as I have always wanted a 67 short box,but the :chevy: runs through my veins.

Dunenutt 01-28-2012 02:31 PM

I have spent a MAJOR portion of my life at Glamis Dunes, and have been to most Dune areas of the west. I used to live and breathe sand! Every other weekend, we would make the 4.5 hour trek to Glamis. Literally ten's of thousands $ spent on go fast toys.

Today... not so much. Starting with the Crusty's videos, the mayhem started. the drunken, lawless, free for all orgy insued. That brought the BLM down on ALL visitors! Shortly thereafter, the CBD decided that a poisionus weed was endangered. Law suits closed most of the Dunes. Spent years, hours, and $$$ fighting the tree huggers and the BLM. The little tikes are not allowed to ride around camp. BLM cruising your camp looking for ANYTHING. I gave up!

I am lucky to go once a season now. Still love the sand, just not what it has become:whine::blah:

kcsa75 01-28-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomahawk30 (Post 5150683)
Ya, mine doesn't have anything at all to do with any of my rigs... It's the same screen name I use for pretty much everything! (Lifelong Braves fan!)

x2

1970 Bowtie 01-28-2012 03:27 PM

Dunenutt,gotta ask who is the BLM,CBD and the crusty's.Enlighten me Sir.

yunkyarddog 01-28-2012 03:29 PM

i have built my truck with nothing but yunkyard parts.............

turp mcspray 01-28-2012 03:30 PM

Turp Mcspray was a custom car painter, from a Krass and Bernie story, that was in a 1981 issue of the now defunct magazine, CARtoons. Anyone remember reading those?

Dunenutt 01-28-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1970 Bowtie (Post 5151453)
Dunenutt,gotta ask who is the BLM,CBD and the crusty's.Enlighten me Sir.

BLM = Bureau of land management/ federal police.

CBD= Center for biological diversity,
http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/s...tch/index.html

Crusty= Crusty demon videos, Google Seth Enslow.

Back to the thread...

bollybib 01-28-2012 04:34 PM

I discovered this site a few months before I bought my truck. While I was looking for one to buy, one of my friends kept kidding me about wanting an old, full size truck and he started calling me billybob. That name wasn't available when I signed up, and just wanting to be done with the signup process, I became "bollybib". Kinda dumb but I've gotten used to it.

prostreetC-10 01-28-2012 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by turp mcspray (Post 5151457)
Turp Mcspray was a custom car painter, from a Krass and Bernie story, that was in a 1981 issue of the now defunct magazine, CARtoons. Anyone remember reading those?

Are you kidding????? Those and Mad Magazine!!!!

I see you are stopping in for your 6 month ckeck-up Turp!

hayhauler71 01-28-2012 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What the truck was used for before I got it from a friend

Bert W 01-28-2012 06:07 PM

Mine is just my name, so you know who you are dealing with. It was that or bigpimpfreaky.:)

cerjio 01-28-2012 06:18 PM

well mine is part of my Initials. part of the vowels a e i o u ! my intials are C R J, I added E I O an came up with C e R J i o = cerjio

LakeAnna 01-28-2012 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's where I live most of the time.. this is a pic off the back deck this evening

Already Gone 01-28-2012 07:02 PM

My name has nothing to do with my truck or me. I am paranoid about putting personal info on the net so when I decided to join the board in 2003 I was listening to one of my favorite songs (Already Gone) by one of my favorite groups The Eagles and just used that songs title as my name. I do regret the decision now as I should used "Pink Big Block" or "Pink 396" or something with the word pink in it to denote my truck. It would be nice if Josh ( if it can be done ) would give us a one time chance to change our names and retain our join date and hit nimbers.

odog 01-28-2012 07:54 PM

Well mine has nothing to do with my truck either. Odog was a name I got my freshman year in college. I played offensive guard in college, hence the O and we were the Bulldogs, so the dog. It kinda stuck and after a few months, nobody knew my real name, even my coaches called me Odog. It took awhile for my wife to call me by my given name, Erik.

eightbanger 01-28-2012 08:05 PM

Well, there was these eight girls...and!!:exit:

FirstOwner69 01-28-2012 08:11 PM

Name says it all. I bought my CST/20 new in 1969. Yes, I am that old!!!!

grwnded71 01-28-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 5151781)
My name has nothing to do with my truck or me. I am paranoid about putting personal info on the net so when I decided to join the board in 2003 I was listening to one of my favorite songs (Already Gone) by one of my favorite groups The Eagles and just used that songs title as my name. I do regret the decision now as I should used "Pink Big Block" or "Pink 396" or something with the word pink in it to denote my truck. It would be nice if Josh ( if it can be done ) would give us a one time chance to change our names and retain our join date and hit nimbers.

If given the chance I think I would change mine as well. Would be nice to keep join date with all other stats

rkn463 01-28-2012 08:43 PM

The very first ISP that I signed up with set your user name to the first letter of your first name plus the first two letters of your last name plus the day of the month that you were born plus (yes I'm tired of this already also) the last two digits of the year you were born as the user name. So I kinda used it all over the net rkn463 = Richard Knight born on the 4th day of some month in 1963). Several boards used email address as login name and then let you have screen name also. This is one that the login name is the screen name... had I been paying more attention when I signed up here I would have picked something else. My screen name on some other boards is Gravity Storm. Anyone know where that is from?

-Richard AKA gravity storm

Dunenutt 01-28-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkn463 (Post 5151959)
The very first ISP that I signed up with set your user name to the first letter of your first name plus the first two letters of your last name plus the day of the month that you were born plus (yes I'm tired of this already also) the last two digits of the year you were born as the user name. So I kinda used it all over the net rkn463 = Richard Knight born on the 4th day of some month in 1963). Several boards used email address as login name and then let you have screen name also. This is one that the login name is the screen name... had I been paying more attention when I signed up here I would have picked something else. My screen name on some other boards is Gravity Storm. Anyone know where that is from?

-Richard AKA gravity storm

Jimmy Buffet?

rkn463 01-28-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunenutt (Post 5151975)
Jimmy Buffet?

Winner winner TV dinner!

Yep, I admit it, I'm a Parrothead.

And for those of you that don't know what Buffet was singing about, go drink a whole bottle of vodka and you can experience a gravity storm of your own. It goes something like this:

"Now just what the @#$! am I doing on the ground? I coulda sworn I was walking just a second ago. Am I bleeding???" :lol:

Younger days.

DISCLAIMER: I do not endorse the unrestrained consumption of alcohol in any circumstance and I pity the fool that drinks and drives.

-Richard

turp mcspray 01-28-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 (Post 5151589)
Are you kidding????? Those and Mad Magazine!!!!

I see you are stopping in for your 6 month ckeck-up Turp!

I'm here EVERY day! It really hurts my feelers that you don't notice more often. You just need to look harder. I'm one of those guys that wears all black, and lurks in the shadows. I can be a little hard to see sometimes. Man do I miss CARtoons! LOL!!