The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Help me make a hard descision (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=522836)

BruthaMan 05-07-2012 12:52 AM

Re: Help me make a hard descision

Your Chevy truck has already stood the test of time. If your truck breaks down somewhere, it's easy to get parts and easy to get back on the road. They are easy to make and keep reliable.

Here's an easy way to look at it. Twenty years down the road, when you look back on life, it's not going to be the VW that you regretted selling. It's going to be that old Chevy truck.

1968 Chevy Camaro. 1967 Pontiac Tempest. 1972 Chevy Camaro. 1972 Chevelle. Just a few of the cars I had back in the 80s, that I look back today and regretted ever selling.

sir_talk_alot 05-07-2012 10:09 AM

Dang, i didnt realize yall were gonna get this worked up. The chevy sits cuz i havent had the money to finish getting it drivable.ive got to fix gauges, and powersteering gearbox. My job now that im finished with school will only last until the end of the summer. I think i just had a, excuse my language, a 'tard moment and thought wow, the mpg. I saw the guy saturday, he walked up to me all smiles, i looked at him, and told him she is yours when you pry my cold dead hands of the steering wheel. I dont think i actually wanted to and infact dont want to get rid of her, but that stupid brief temptation of good mpg, friends can ride with me made go ooo, but then i thought, all i need is room for my girl, and when i roll up in the truck, friends will go ooooooooooooooo. I didnt mean to start a war here, i just mainly wanted my brothers to remind me of how dumb im sounding even considering it.
Posted via Mobile Device

67swb72klb 05-07-2012 10:14 AM

everybody has a glitch once in a while glad u are keepn it

Boog 05-07-2012 12:41 PM

You asked for help in making a hard decision. We're helping. :lol:

m6z 05-07-2012 01:41 PM

If you're spending $250 a month in fuel allready. It might be time to run the numbers on the payment/gas ratio on somthing newer to replace the dodge with. Don't sell the old truck if you don't want to and certinly don't trade it for a VW.

Bert W 05-07-2012 02:09 PM

You'll regret it. I get sick thinking of all of the good ole Chevys I've parted with. I have a dream every so often that they are in my back yard in need of a little TLC.

Boogie_Man 05-07-2012 02:12 PM

I wanna take a whack at the dead horse too! I vote NO! lol

Good call keeping the truck. They'll only go up in value from here. A solid SWB is hard to come by.