The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project Sketchy Deal (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=527552)

kingsolver72 07-19-2012 01:37 PM

Re: Project Sketchy Deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by hahjoel (Post 5488361)
that is strange why the frame needs to match the tags on the cab? or did I read that wrong?

I just swapped out my frame, so they wont match. I also filled in any remaining numbers as well.

Some states take a very dim view of vin numbers not matching. The issues are states don't want assembled vehicles because of the possibility of theft..chop shops. It becomes problematic when you do an inspection or get pulled over with by the book law enforcement. I am not complaining,just how it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

hahjoel 07-19-2012 04:17 PM

ah, yeah no laws like that where I am from.

kingsolver72 08-14-2012 04:41 PM

Update:
Went to court today and got the Final Order for the title.
Need to get it inspected but all the hard work is done.
I have already put in a nicer bench seat in the truck...got some seat belts coming from a board member. I can finally start on the project. I have an 350 sitting on my floor in the shop waiting to replace the 307 that's in the truck now. It's a nice engine just need more power..nothing major. Just been in a holding pattern till I clear the legal part of it up.
Now I just need to figure out how I want to drop the truck. Probably be static.
Posted via Mobile Device

Palf70Step 08-14-2012 05:24 PM

:clap:

Dieselwrencher 08-14-2012 07:26 PM

Congrats and good luck with the rest of the procedure!

big mike71 08-14-2012 07:41 PM

I'm glad that you got all worked out. Do you think you will bring it to the All Truck Nats?

kingsolver72 08-14-2012 08:55 PM

Thanks fellas.
Hey Mike,that's the plan. I may put in the Ottawa show in September also. Depends on where I am at with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Low Elco 08-14-2012 11:22 PM

Great news! Hope you make it to Riverside. Hell, hope I make it to riverside! Good news, anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

big mike71 08-15-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 5539368)
Thanks fellas.
Hey Mike,that's the plan. I may put in the Ottawa show in September also. Depends on where I am at with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

The shop is putting mine back together this week. I haven't gone to the Ottawa show, but I'm going to go this year.

72BlckButy 08-15-2012 02:27 PM

Glad to hear it went through Scott!

Zoomin 08-15-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 5540442)
Glad to hear it went through Scott!

X2 Scott. Glad it worked out.

kingsolver72 08-15-2012 04:20 PM

Hey Low Elco,thanks. Looking forward to seeing you at the show.
Mike,bet you'll be glad when your truck is back together. You are going to like the Ottawa show.
Nate buddy,thanks . You going to be at Riverside? Would be good to see you.heck I forgot what you look like..may not recognize you.
Thanks Steve. I've been watching your builds..you got a lot going on. It would be cool to see you up this way at one of the shows. You have an invitation from me...anyway I hope all is well with you.
Posted via Mobile Device

kingsolver72 08-15-2012 05:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well I took some pictures of the bench seat I recently installed and the 350 engine I plan on swapping out the 307 . The 307 is a nice engine just not enough power. Theres nothing special or crazy going on,just want to get comfortable for when I start driving thye truck. I was going to recover the old seat but when I removed it and tore into it I realized it had major issues...so I found the this seat on C.L. Tomorrow I get the truck inspected..the the engine swap shotly after. It has really been too hot here to do much..it is cooling down some...it rained all day yesterday..yeah!

BurnoutNova 08-15-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidWest72C10 (Post 5418828)
well i guess your inspector was being alittle bit more thorough with your inspection. i bought my 72 in oklahoma and had the sheriff's department do my inspection when i brought it home and they just checked the title to door jam and mileage. hopefully it all works out for you

Yeah, I'm sure it depends on the person doing the inspection. I know here in Nebraska, it even depends on the county.

In the "big city" of Lincoln, lol... they are very picky. In smaller towns I hear about things going under the radar all the time.

Here they will not even issue me a title unless my vehicle is complete, and running/driving. So if I buy a project, I have to completely finish it, spend money on it, and take a risk before I can attempt to get a title.

BurnoutNova 08-15-2012 05:40 PM

You should just call the person you got it from and ask to return it. Contact a lawyer and have him write them a convincing letter that they should take it back??

kingsolver72 08-15-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnoutNova (Post 5540703)
You should just call the person you got it from and ask to return it. Contact a lawyer and have him write them a convincing letter that they should take it back??

Perhaps I wasn't very clear on the court hearing results.
I got a final order from the judge stating that the truck is legally mine. The inspection is for the state to issue a new vin number and title in my name.
One of the coolest things about all this is that I did not need a lawyer....just a smart,supportive and helpful wife.:smoke:
Posted via Mobile Device

kingsolver72 08-27-2012 12:11 AM

Well I finally swapped engines. Still need to wire and plumb it. I overlooked a couple of small details...power steering pumps are different..should be an easy solution..and the water pump does not have an outlet for a heater hose...I need to locate an lower radiator hose tee. I am going to run it without the heater connected for a while.
Should have pictures soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

kingsolver72 08-27-2012 01:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Engine swap.

big mike71 08-27-2012 01:46 PM

I hope it's done in time for the All Truck Nats. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Low Elco 08-27-2012 01:48 PM

Cool! Looks good. OD trans, or t-350?
Posted via Mobile Device

kingsolver72 08-27-2012 01:49 PM

I should have it at the ATN. unless i hit some unforseen snag. I may try to get a static drop done also. thats not as important to me right now.

kingsolver72 08-27-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 5560226)
Cool! Looks good. OD trans, or t-350?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks. 350...looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

Zoomin 08-27-2012 02:03 PM

Making good progress there Scott! All you lack is finishing up.

kingsolver72 08-27-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomin (Post 5560256)
Making good progress there Scott! All you lack is finishing up.

Thanks Steve, yeah not much but little things for now.
I've owned prettier trucks..but I have never worked so hard for one as this one. It's been tricky from jump street.
Posted via Mobile Device

Low Elco 08-27-2012 03:11 PM

Hope to see you both there!
Posted via Mobile Device