The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project "Edna Marie" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=574639)

Xeen 05-09-2013 01:28 PM

Re: Project "Edna Marie"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic1947 (Post 6061194)
That's weird, when first we met, you looked nothing like a window fan.

More like a billboard wouldn't you say?

sduckworth13 05-09-2013 02:38 PM

Hey Vic, if you call Praxair in North Kansas City they can get the easy grind in for you. They might already have it in stock.
Posted via Mobile Device

sduckworth13 05-09-2013 02:39 PM

Brian the roof is coming along great
Posted via Mobile Device

bguild 05-09-2013 02:52 PM

Thanks Scott. I can't wait to get it all welded in place and move on to the floors.
Posted via Mobile Device

Vic1947 05-09-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sduckworth13 (Post 6061411)
Hey Vic, if you call Praxair in North Kansas City they can get the easy grind in for you. They might already have it in stock.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, Scott. I ordered some .030 from weldingsupply.com just yesterday. However, if it turns out I need .023, I'll give Praxair a call.

Low Elco 05-09-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeen (Post 6061311)
More like a billboard wouldn't you say?

Billboard? I've gained a couple pounds, but geez, be tough on a guy!

That'd be cool if praxair had the wire. Airgas And Kirk both no go. Hope the welding goes well!

Hey, if you want some tips from a guy who does fantastic work with this stuff, look here, just awesome.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=564201

Posted via Mobile Device

trent_44 05-09-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bguild (Post 6053500)
Trent honestly I dont miss it much.. I actually just liked working on it. I am more of a sit out of the wind and listen to music kind of guy. This truck is a much bigger project and more work. <-- that means more fun in my book. However I will be glad when I get out of the rust stage.. I want to send everything to the sandblaster when I get the roof graphed on (if I can afford too)
Do you miss your bike.. How is the new baby? My big question is when are you getting a 67-72 truck? You should get a nice long bed and we can cut it down to a SWB.. It looks pretty easy. Do you still have that old ford truck you were working?

On certain days I miss my bike, but not as much as I thought I would. We had our first kid a little over a month ago so I really wouldn't have a ton of time for it. So I'm glad I got rid of it when I did. I've actually been watching a few guys with the lwb to swb conversions and seems like it would be a cool project. As for the Ford I do still have it but I'm actually in the final stages of finishing it up in order to move it down the road. I figured out I can't fit a car seat in it very well so I bought a 66 mustang that will be taking its place. Should be a fun project. Keep up the good work, seems like you are making good headway.

sduckworth13 05-09-2013 04:12 PM

Just called and the .023 ez grind is in stock at the Olathe, Ks. Praxair store
Posted via Mobile Device

trent_44 05-14-2013 04:20 PM

Brian, Do you know of anyone in the area that does wiring for these trucks? Dad is looking at ordering a painless kit and doesn't want to do it...didn't know if you knew of anyone around here? Thanks

bguild 05-14-2013 04:24 PM

I personally don't know anyone but someone else might Vic or Scott do you guys know anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

trent_44 05-14-2013 04:30 PM

I just asked Charles if he'd be interested in doing it as well. I know he knows how to do it.

Vic1947 05-14-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bguild (Post 6070936)
I personally don't know anyone but someone else might Vic or Scott do you guys know anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

No I don't ...in fact, I only wire my own stuff because I'm too cheap to pay someone else to do it. Laying under the dash and all those other hard to reach places kills an old geezer like me!

bguild 05-30-2013 10:49 PM

Well guys sorry for the lack of updates. It has been busy around the household with the end of school etc.. I have got a few things done though. Vic stopped by to help get out some dents around the back window.. They are looking pretty good. I also have the inner big rear window piece spot welded in and the inner roof is cleaned up with rust and is painted. I still have alot of work to do but it is progressing. I wont be able to get much done for a few weeks but hopefully I can find some time to post up some pics.

sduckworth13 05-30-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bguild (Post 6070936)
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, sorry I'm late to respond to the post. I missed this one. I actually have a painless wiring setup I picked up from a board member. It looks pretty easy, but installing it will be a different story. My buddy Roy is a electrician so hopefully if I have any issues he can help me out. Also I picked up two 11lb spools of esab .023 ez grind welding wire. If you need a roll let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Xeen 05-31-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 6061528)
Billboard? I've gained a couple pounds, but geez, be tough on a guy!

Haha, I was thinking more along the lines of the bright yellow T-shirts you and your son were wearing at the show on page 23, post #560 of the old yeller build.

bguild 06-07-2013 11:34 PM

Well I have some good news.. I finally got the title for the truck. It has been a long process but I did get it so now i feel more comfortable putting more work in time into it. I also snagged a Pirelli 22in tire on ebay.. 295/30/22 I plan running this size in the rear. I am planning 20in wheels in the front. The tire was wrapped onto a forgiato wheel. Not a 5x5 bolt pattern though. I am still trying to figure out the bolt pattern of wheel and offset but I will be selling the wheel to make back some money. I will try to post some pics this weekend.

69short 06-07-2013 11:52 PM

Wow I don't know how I missed this build. I live about 20minutes north of KC. It's nice to see another porterbuilt build so close to home. I plan on running an lq9 and 20/22 wheel combo. Great minds think alike!
Posted via Mobile Device

Vic1947 06-08-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bguild (Post 6113071)
Well I have some good news.. I finally got the title for the truck. It has been a long process but I did get it so now i feel more comfortable putting more work in time into it. I also snagged a Pirelli 22in tire on ebay.. 295/30/22 I plan running this size in the rear. I am planning 20in wheels in the front. The tire was wrapped onto a forgiato wheel. Not a 5x5 bolt pattern though. I am still trying to figure out the bolt pattern of wheel and offset but I will be selling the wheel to make back some money. I will try to post some pics this weekend.

Back home again I assume? Or are you doing your eBay shopping on the road? I'm done for the moment with the spotwelder. Also changed out the tongs to the deeper offset so if you need to finish out your inner roof panel, you're cleared for takeoff. I still haven't formed those patches for your outer roof edges, but it shouldn't take but a few minutes. I'll try to get them knocked out this weekend.

bguild 06-09-2013 01:00 PM

Vic, Well I am back home for the weekend and then out again this next wee.. Thanks for thinking of me with the spot welder and that metal piece. I did get a little bit more done on the truck yesterday.. Dynamat installed and some other things. here are the pics.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2qsnt49.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/68h8xx.jpg

Rust gone on the back and the under roof hasn't been clean.. See the contrast.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2znzrlv.jpg

New Forgiato wheel and tire.. Wheel will be going on ebay keeping the 295/30/22 for rear
http://i39.tinypic.com/30ufn1f.jpg

Dynamat installed.
http://i44.tinypic.com/ja9qn9.jpg

Vic1947 06-09-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bguild (Post 6114982)
Vic, Well I am back home for the weekend and then out again this next week. Thanks for thinking of me with the spot welder and that metal piece. I did get a little bit more done on the truck yesterday.. Dynamat installed and some other things.

Looks great! Since I know what it looked like before, I can tell you've been doing some serious scrubbing. Your pieces are ready, so you can pick them up when you're back in town for a few days. Glad I don't have to deal with air travel and living out of a suitcase anymore. I only did it for toys, food and the occasional pair of new shoes for Kathy.

72BlckButy 06-10-2013 02:28 PM

Nice work!

Low Elco 06-10-2013 02:53 PM

Scrub, scrub... Looks really nice, bet that'll quiet down the interior!

67ctener 06-10-2013 07:29 PM

Great job, I need to cut a roof off mine and replace it. I'm scared. I wished I lived in a dry state. Nice sheetmetal doesn't exist by me.
Posted via Mobile Device

z-iowa 06-10-2013 08:02 PM

Wow what a transformation on the cab roof nice work!
Posted via Mobile Device

bguild 06-10-2013 08:54 PM

Thanks guys!! I have learned alot. Hopefully I can get the outer skin attached soon and make it look good.
Posted via Mobile Device