The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Lets see yer cup holders! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=628257)

Khaus 09-22-2020 08:50 PM

Re: Lets see yer cup holders!

This thread is literally about "trinkets like that". It asking about cup holder options.

And by all means, if people want to take the time to cut and fabricate something like this a source some cups from the internet they should. You say $60 is a bit of a stretch but to some people their time is worth that much an hour and I'm sure it would take an hour for someone to make something similar.

Thanks for your input and good luck with your build.

Black_Sheep 09-22-2020 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not very original but it serves it's purpose...

MiraclePieCo 09-22-2020 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These were in my '50 PU when I got it; looks like they were "fabbed out of what ever was kicking around the shop."

Zippi 09-23-2020 06:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This gets the job done except when the wife buys those big ole drinks.

DransportGarage 09-23-2020 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I conveniently have the driver's seat out, so this might be the last time I can get a good pic of the cup holders.

mr48chev 09-23-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaus (Post 8812188)
This thread is literally about "trinkets like that". It asking about cup holder options.

And by all means, if people want to take the time to cut and fabricate something like this a source some cups from the internet they should. You say $60 is a bit of a stretch but to some people their time is worth that much an hour and I'm sure it would take an hour for someone to make something similar.

Thanks for your input and good luck with your build.

True there, some folks on here may feel that the option of buying nice looking units that will bolt in and done outweighs the cost of buying. We all have different build budgets just as we all have different build plans. You cup holders may be the clear ticket for my 71 GMC as it has no build theme to follow and period correct doesn't count in it. The ability to tow what I want to tow and be comfortable doing it is what counts with that truck. That includes having a usable cup holder within easy reach.

Killer Bee 09-23-2020 03:40 PM

cup holder with collateral duties :metal:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ij6gv66iv3d..._3088.jpg?dl=0

DransportGarage 09-23-2020 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8812517)
cup holder with collateral duties :metal:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ij6gv66iv3d..._3088.jpg?dl=0

I love it, KB! The one thing I don't love is vendors blathering about why they put their product up for sale.

mr48chev 09-23-2020 10:14 PM

I've used a similar unit to the one Killer Bee showed in my 77 dualie. It would be overkill to put a ten dollar cup holder in that truck.

iowaboynca 09-24-2020 01:16 AM

Jeebus, i replied to this thread 6 years ago and my cup holders are still on the Astro Van Seat i'm getting ready to install...
(Yes still grindin')

cmayna 09-24-2020 06:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my elaborate cup holder. A bicycle water bottle cage fastened to an L bracket that is bolted to the bottom of the dash
Posted via Mobile Device

my56chevytruck 09-24-2020 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine in the homemade console I came up with. 2 different sizes.

Black_Sheep 09-26-2020 05:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I made a small floor console but never used it...

59chev 09-28-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8812203)
Not very original but it serves it's purpose...

Black_Sheep, where did you get your armrest console? Are you using the stock seat? Looks like it fits really well.

daveshilling 09-29-2020 07:20 PM

Wow, take it easy on Klaus...so he posted a cup holder option on an old thread about cup holder options... (and wouldn't ya know it, the resurrected thread has more contributions as a result). Way to sh-t on a small business, fellow truck enthusiast, making good parts in the USA. I thought we sorta liked those qualities in a vendor, no?

And to suggest that everyone here doesn't want a $60 cup holder is just silly. Just because you're cheap/broke/able to fabricate doesn't mean everyone is.

S10Fan 09-30-2020 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshilling (Post 8815691)
Wow, take it easy on Klaus...so he posted a cup holder option on an old thread about cup holder options... (and wouldn't ya know it, the resurrected thread has more contributions as a result). Way to sh-t on a small business, fellow truck enthusiast, making good parts in the USA. I thought we sorta liked those qualities in a vendor, no?

And to suggest that everyone here doesn't want a $60 cup holder is just silly. Just because you're cheap/broke/able to fabricate doesn't mean everyone is.

Well said.

Dan in Pasadena 10-14-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshilling (Post 8815691)

^^^This is true. Everyone take a chill pill, sheesh!^^^

1project2many 10-15-2020 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This cup holder cost me about $100 and took almost a year to make.

mr48chev 10-15-2020 03:57 PM

I'd say that the number of us who might buy high dollar cup holders in this group is rather limited. Not that we don't like the looks of them and wish we had one but those are truck dollars we can spend elsewhere more productively.

I made that wood thing one day when I got tired of spilling my coffee mug or my 44 ounce Pepsi all the time. No money and ten minutes later I had something I used for about four years. At the time I didn't have the money to buy the 30.00 set on the console that I really wanted at Bi-Mart.

I love it that this bunch is creative rather than run out and throw money at things too. We will and do spend the money on what we really want but we are usually very creative at making things that we can use.

Killer Bee 10-15-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1project2many (Post 8822603)

I love it! mine doesn't work very well for cups with handles or very tall but that is genius!

mr48chev 10-15-2020 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Borrowed from Church of Speed's FB post.

DransportGarage 10-15-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1project2many (Post 8822603)

Three major features: 1) This type of cup holder can be pivoted to face the user so that the "cup handle detent" faces the right direction. 2) They can be bought in pairs inexpensively at the Goodwill! 3) For heavy work, they double as foot protection, so be sure to buy the proper size! Awesome.

Janky59 10-17-2020 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s my swivel type cup holder. It doesn’t hold the larger drinks, sort of forced serving size!