The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   1963 Belair Wagon (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=633264)

scotts72heavyhalf 04-06-2015 07:38 PM

Re: 1963 Belair Wagon

Well horribile news this afternoon the transport company had to move his cars around in the semi truck, he pulled the wagon out and let it run unattended and next thing he saw was a cloud of black smoke, big engine fire I guess that did some interior damage as well. I feel terribile for the new owner, it was insured but I only can hope its fixable

ole dollor 04-06-2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts72heavyhalf (Post 7122196)
Well horribile news this afternoon the transport company had to move his cars around in the semi truck, he pulled the wagon out and let it run unattended and next thing he saw was a cloud of black smoke, big engine fire I guess that did some interior damage as well. I feel terribile for the new owner, it was insured but I only can hope its fixable

dang that's bad , how do you explain some thing like that to a new owner?

68basket 04-06-2015 08:43 PM

That's horrible news for you and him.

simplepeddler 04-06-2015 08:48 PM

man that just ain't right

Advanced Design 04-06-2015 09:43 PM

So sorry to hear that happened. Where was the load when this happened?

scotts72heavyhalf 04-07-2015 12:11 AM

Only about 30 miles north of me, the transport company said that they had to pull it off the trailer and move cars around, he left it unattended running, I dont know for how long, sounds like it was contained to the engine compartment but I havent seen any pictures yet, I spoke with the new owner as well, he did have it insured already but I think it would be the transport company that is responsible. It was kind of strange after the fire was out he was going to pay a tow truck to bring it back to my house, my insurance agent said not to allow him to do that, which I didnt but I thought that odd since I dont own it anymore.

Zoomin 04-07-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts72heavyhalf (Post 7122676)
Only about 30 miles north of me, the transport company said that they had to pull it off the trailer and move cars around, he left it unattended running, I dont know for how long, sounds like it was contained to the engine compartment but I havent seen any pictures yet, I spoke with the new owner as well, he did have it insured already but I think it would be the transport company that is responsible. It was kind of strange after the fire was out he was going to pay a tow truck to bring it back to my house, my insurance agent said not to allow him to do that, which I didnt but I thought that odd since I dont own it anymore.

"He", meaning the transport driver or the new owner?

scotts72heavyhalf 04-07-2015 12:43 PM

The transport truck driver "he" who drove it on and off again

Advanced Design 04-20-2015 01:43 PM

Not wanting to bring up a potentially difficult situation just hoping this worked out for you.

Is there any advice you can share with any of us selling or buying vehicles from a distance or having vehicles shipped?
Thank you!

Russell Ashley 04-21-2015 12:01 PM

That was a heart breaker. Just curious, how did the new owner take it? I hope there wasn't much damage and it can be repaired without too much trouble.

scotts72heavyhalf 04-23-2015 12:07 AM

well my advise would be make sure they are insured and bonded, this guy was, he made a comment that he doesent like to transport cars with full tanks of fuel which the wagon had, so I would make sure the tank is less than half full. The new owner took it as well as expected and he is going to let me know what the plan for the wagon is, he had it insured and the damage was not terribile, a new wire harness, paint and a few hoses and belt should fix it and it will actually be better than before if the right person does the work,