The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Period Correct Accessaries for your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=758555)

70cst 03-28-2020 11:44 AM

Re: Period Correct Accessaries for your truck...

3 Attachment(s)
I continue to get the Circuit Rider ready for this summer ... I found these which I purchased a couple years ago.

60-70 era

'68OrangeSunshine 03-31-2020 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennylava (Post 8701858)
I hated those old flashlights... did they ever work? Why were they always dead?

Because the On/Off switch was exposed and could easily get turned on inside a glovebox, so it spent its charge inside, in the dark, and no one saw it being on.

On the headlamps/miners lamps I used in search and rescue, I learned to keep the top lid unlatched when inside my pack, so it couldn't get turned on accidentally. Good units if you took care of them. USA-made.

RustyBucket 03-31-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 8700641)
Just added this 1970 made Sears Craftsman Tool Box for my truck.

My folks got me THAT same craftsman box for Christmas around '67-'68 with a few tools in it. Not long after I backed over it with my '58 BelAir. Set it in the driveway and forgot.. I beat it back into shape (kinda) & used it for a long time after.

70cst 04-01-2020 02:28 PM

Two more pieces ...

70cst 04-06-2020 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
60's era water jug ...

HO455 04-06-2020 07:07 PM

Perfect for a green truck.

Happy_dan 04-18-2020 05:51 PM

Got this from a friend. Actual sticker from the era, rubber band fell apart when he took them out. I think this is where I will put it.

https://photos.imageevent.com/happy_.../IMG_72861.jpg

Ironhorse 05-03-2020 06:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Was digging thru the garage today looking for that ever elusive. "where'd I put that" item and ran across these in the bottom of a storage cabinet. Forgot I had them but remember buying them in the mid-70s I think it was. Made by the RubberMaid Co. Slip into the window channel area over the window sill. Big enough to hold a Dr. Pepper can (or other beverage) and the 32 or 44 oz. foam cups as shown.

HO455 05-03-2020 06:19 PM

Yep. I remember them. A spot for your drink and fries while you ate your burger.

palallin 05-03-2020 06:33 PM

I have two of those in my truck; the little side compartment tends to catch all manner of stuff that I have to sort through every now and again.

70cst 05-03-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 8731498)
Was digging thru the garage today looking for that ever elusive. "where'd I put that" item and ran across these in the bottom of a storage cabinet. Forgot I had them but remember buying them in the mid-70s I think it was. Made by the RubberMaid Co. Slip into the window channel area over the window sill. Big enough to hold a Dr. Pepper can (or other beverage) and the 32 or 44 oz. foam cups as shown.

I remember those way back :metal:

special-K 05-04-2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy_dan (Post 8719586)
Got this from a friend. Actual sticker from the era, rubber band fell apart when he took them out. I think this is where I will put it.

https://photos.imageevent.com/happy_.../IMG_72861.jpg

That would have me thinking twice. Great piece! I have gathered some vintage travel stickers, even girlie stickers, from earlier and up through this era here. I can't bring myself to use any. I also have some era-correct (came off these trucks) chrome dealer badges. I had two from Hicks Bros. in KC and that's my last name. I gave one to my brother and put the other on my '72 tailgate. I ended up deciding I didn't want it on there and took it off.

It's funny. I really dig anything era-correct for these trucks. I loved the era, period! I collect stuff of all sorts. I do my trucks to be "of the era". But I never liked accessories on vehicles much. It has always been about being "clean" with vehicles for me. I'm real careful about "adding on".

I do Ventshades on all my trucks. I just might forego those on my '67, if I do no trim. I have a set of chrome headlight lids I doubt I'll use on either. I'm on the fence about bumper guards on either truck. What the K2500 needs is a winch bumper/winch. That one gets a Unity lamp on driver side. I want a fire extinguisher and that's it for that truck. And the '67 will be mild custom street truck. I'm doing era-correct custom touches on that.

Happy_dan 05-04-2020 07:29 AM

Yea, I haven't put it on the truck just yet. It is really cool to have it and my 2019 Silverado is from the modern Tom Henry Chevrolet as well as my 2012 Camaro so I have a connection to the dealership.

DeadheadNM 05-05-2020 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
License plate frames, chrome.

yuccales 05-06-2020 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What period I do not know. Maybe dealership give a ways?

special-K 05-06-2020 09:24 AM

Nice license plate frames! I like the thin ones like that. I always used the smooth ones. I think I have a set still.

How about the "Keep On Truckin'", "I'd Rather Be Sailing", etc frames? I still have those. I think I have "Keep On Camping" one from my camper truck

DeadheadNM 05-06-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8733279)
Nice license plate frames! I like the thin ones like that. I always used the smooth ones. I think I have a set still.

How about the "Keep On Truckin'", "I'd Rather Be Sailing", etc frames? I still have those. I think I have "Keep On Camping" one from my camper truck

These crop up on eBay and often for decent prices.

I'd love a Keep on Truckin' or similar plate. We could do a whole separate thread on vanity plate frames alone. Am still hoping for the correct dealer plate frames for my Blazer - Harloff Chevrolet, Encinitas, CA.

special-K 05-06-2020 06:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
California dealer frames I always thought were so cool... when they were current. Back East the were putting their badges on brand new paint. I hated that. Some were even drilled and screwed. You've seen them screwed into cowl covers and fenders. CA had the right idea. Then they went to black plastic crap and by then our dealers were doing those... and putting a stupid sticker on anyway!! :lol:

I have a Keep On Truckin' frame but no Mr Boogie on it

Attachment 2012181

I cherished these KC Daylighter round covers for years. They stopped making this smiley face style way back when. I ended up with one missing. Probably was stolen, they don't just fall off. I wish I could find another

DeadheadNM 05-06-2020 09:38 PM

Excellent. Through dumb luck I bumbled onto a NOS metal dealer emblem correct for my K20 but I can’t bring myself to drill holes to attach it. Was affixed on the tailgate near the handle. Amazing the original survived. It’s covered with cement.

Tuff Gong 05-07-2020 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 8731498)

I have one of these but it doesn’t fit very well. Did you add something to years to get it to work

palallin 05-07-2020 07:55 AM

I hang mine on the glovebox door. It helps to adjust the position of the latch.

70cst 05-11-2020 10:34 PM

Bump

67 twins 05-12-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 8703510)
I continue to get the Circuit Rider ready for this summer ... I found these which I purchased a couple years ago.

60-70 era

I have a set of these that came in my C20 when I bought it

BLAZERMAN 06-01-2020 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this awhile back, never used steal plate and
was in its own original mailing sleeve.

70cst 06-02-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN (Post 8750374)
I found this awhile back, never used steal plate and
was in its own original mailing sleeve.

Sweet :metal:

Andy4639 06-02-2020 08:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I took this out of a 68 SS Impala the other week. I took it all a part and cleaned it up repainted it and now putting it back together as I get the parts done. I have to get a detail paint marker to finish the face up and polish out the knobs and it should be done. According to the sticker it's for a 68 model.
First picture is what it looked like when I took it out. Then cleaning the parts and painting them. Then reassembly and the compressor brackets.
:chevy:

maverickmk 06-02-2020 10:32 AM

This is a great thread! I love seeing all of this cool stuff.

Canuckvetter 06-04-2020 08:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I installed the vintage GM aftermarket A/C unit. I like the fit. Just have to install the compressor, dryer, condenser and plumb the unit. The fan and switch operate as they should.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1591317606

special-K 07-12-2020 11:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
We've talked about Bar Bouys here. I used these for years. When I got my camper I mounted some in there. I still had one I kept but didn't get the base off the truck when I sold it. I have regretted that and have meant to post a WTB on a long shot.

We'll looky here what I found in a box with other things stashed in the attic. I completely forgot I had this. Life is good!

DeadheadNM 07-12-2020 11:13 AM

The k1500 I used to own had three bar buoy holders in the cab.

special-K 07-12-2020 01:18 PM

Darn, I should have posted a WTB. You might have left the next owner a couple mystery holes :lol:. not a mystery with two others remaining, though. I have bought many trucks that had the telltale two holes, usually on the upper door or dash

Orange Crate 07-12-2020 03:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think someone already posted with their Hickey winch installed but here are some pictures after rebuilding mine.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 07-12-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 8204006)
Recently there was a thread on CB's in your truck. I thought it would be cool to see what period correct accessories you have installed or are being used in your truck. Here are a few of mine. Now post yours.

Pop Cooler of the 60's
Radatron Radar Detector Early 60's to Early 70's
Courier Gladiator 23 Channel CB Early 70's
Varmint Mobile Tube CB Amplifier 60's to Early 70's
Avanti Fazer Twin CB Antennas - Early 70's.

Very cool. The former owner of my 71 had a CB, put he pulled it before I got it. I don't have any period correct accessories short a coolant expansion tank.

SCHRUMGMC 07-13-2020 04:46 PM

That’s awesome seeing all of these vintage items

The 71 I used to have didn’t really have any accessories other than a GM radio

geunther 07-13-2020 10:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The gentleman who ordered my truck new went a bit crazy with the dealer installed options. Including, sun visors, bumper guards, bumper mounted unity driving lights, unity spot light, and these rear bumper steps Ive never seen before or since.

mrtoni 07-14-2020 12:23 AM

And I like them steps

Quote:

Originally Posted by geunther (Post 8774209)
The gentleman who ordered my truck new went a bit crazy with the dealer installed options. Including, sun visors, bumper guards, bumper mounted unity driving lights, unity spot light, and these rear bumper steps Ive never seen before or since.

Posted via Mobile Device

RichardJ 07-14-2020 01:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
How about an original aftermarket racing sticker that is still on my tailgate.

Frankland Quick Change Rear Ends.

The second image is a sticker sold on ebay. My understanding is that it is not the same company and has a slightly altered name. They do use the same cartoon character and make quick change rear ends?

special-K 07-15-2020 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool stuff! I have a faded original from the era Harley Davidson extended bar & shield emblem on my sliding back glass. It's a real decal.

That Hickey winch came out beautiful.

I remember those GM accessory rear bumper steps. Never saw many, though.

I just notice this accessory that fits this thread.

"Honey, where did you put the key to the truck?"

"Where did I put the key?. You were last to have it" :lol:

70cst 07-15-2020 05:22 PM

Folks ... you have really shown some cool aftermarket accessories ... :metal:

70cst 07-18-2020 04:30 PM

Any other period correct accessories? I am enjoying this thread. :metal: