The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=624544)

jaros44sr 11-19-2020 10:42 AM

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spf79 (Post 8837763)
I finalized my paint color... it has only been 4-1/2 years waiting for this... 516 orange. Hopefully I pick it up Friday... & fingers crossed I am able to mate body to frame without many hiccups.

Wow that rolling chassis deserves a nice paint job, good luck, hope it meets all your expectations

simicrintz 11-19-2020 11:21 AM

Awesome color choice; that is going to be one beautiful rig!!

Spf79 11-19-2020 01:53 PM

Thanks fellas!

Blazer690 11-21-2020 07:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Put the 3rd set of engine badges on my 2wd blazer. These are the closest to right. CNC from Kniesmachine@hotmail.com.

SoCoC10 11-21-2020 08:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Why is everything the wrong color? Stripping color off My Cheyenne 72 Saddle door panels. Repaired and painted the black Blazer top white. Painted the Blazer’s Saddle center console and new seat backs parchment white. Set of white Rallys silver. Still have rear seat brackets to paint black and rear arm rests brackets and arm rests to paint a Parchment white.

Ol Blue K20 11-21-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer690 (Post 8838970)
Put the 3rd set of engine badges on my 2wd blazer. These are the closest to right. CNC from Kniesmachine@hotmail.com.

They look good. They did a nice job for you.

SoCoC10 11-21-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer690 (Post 8838970)

Love the stock look. Theses look awesome!

SoCoC10 11-30-2020 08:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Redo on the door panel inserts. Rear seat arm rest brackets painted with more SEM “Super White”.

Spf79 11-30-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 8842941)
Redo on the door panel inserts. Rear seat arm rest brackets painted with more SEM “Super White”.

Beautiful workmanship!!! Looks great!

Spf79 11-30-2020 09:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Busy Sunday/Monday for me. Mini-vacation.

I got my twin stick shifters altered with some heat force, this way they fit with the console and floor shifter. I marred up the shafts while doing it... grrrr... I might have to tweak them a bit more, trying to avoid them looking like dead spider legs.

Picked up a batch of powder coat pieces. This came to an extra 100 bucks more than than I was thinking. Apparently the wife remembered how much this was going to cost when I told her(I don't remember this conversation at all)what I was doing. Punch me in the face, please. Lol.

Ummm, I partially mocked in my tranny lines, finding the correct transmission adapters was far more difficult than it should have been. They come in 5' or 7' increments... 6' would have been ideal. :(... I ended up with a 1/2-20 x 6an adapters.
Not sure what year my th350 is, but the hard line kit from advanced adapters was no worky. Oh, and the adapters showed in the picture that they came with O-rings. Nope, those are extra. Hardware store visit tomorrow.

Lastly, I unboxed my Painless kit. Long sigh. Pretty happy, almost on par with a AAW kit. I think they had to step up their game on the original wiring adapters. $615 out the door for a 28 circuit kit. This allows for the heated 2001 8 way power Denali seats and extra 12v plug-ins for the electric blankets. Having a convertible rig in Washington state isn't all it's cracked up to be. Slowly but surely. Happy Holidays.

Rum and coke time.

SoCoC10 11-30-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spf79 (Post 8842987)
Busy Sunday/Monday for me. Mini-vacation.

I got my twin stick shifters altered with some heat force, this way they fit with the console and floor shifter. I marred up the shafts while doing it... grrrr... I might have to tweak them a bit more, trying to avoid them looking like dead spider legs.

Picked up a batch of powder coat pieces. This came to an extra 100 bucks more than than I was thinking. Apparently the wife remembered how much this was going to cost when I told her(I don't remember this conversation at all)what I was doing. Punch me in the face, please. Lol.

Ummm, I partially mocked in my tranny lines, finding the correct transmission adapters was far more difficult than it should have been. They come in 5' or 7' increments... 6' would have been ideal. :(... I ended up with a 1/2-20 x 6an adapters.
Not sure what year my th350 is, but the hard line kit from advanced adapters was no worky. Oh, and the adapters showed in the picture that they came with O-rings. Nope, those are extra. Hardware store visit tomorrow.

Lastly, I unboxed my Painless kit. Long sigh. Pretty happy, almost on par with a AAW kit. I think they had to step up their game on the original wiring adapters. $615 out the door for a 28 circuit kit. This allows for the heated 2001 8 way power Denali seats and extra 12v plug-ins for the electric blankets. Having a convertible rig in Washington state isn't all it's cracked up to be. Slowly but surely. Happy Holidays.

Rum and coke time.

You are neck deep in that one! Is that Hugger or Tangier Orange? The drink is Well deserved!

Spf79 11-30-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 8843008)
You are neck deep in that one! Is that Hugger or Tangier Orange? The drink is Well deserved!

Yes sir, you can say that again.

Tangier! Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is paint code 516?
I've heard it called Omaha Orange as well?

Unfortunately the drink isn't helping with the forward progress. Lol. :)

Ol Blue K20 12-01-2020 10:11 AM

You deserve the drink...you're making great progress.

lyrikz 12-01-2020 11:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
New floor. Immediately cut to pieces. Need the bedsides so i can weld this in place.

SoCoC10 12-01-2020 04:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
510 Medium Blue

Ol Blue K20 12-01-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 8843307)
510 Medium Blue

Looking great! :metal:

montsb 12-02-2020 02:12 PM

Beautiful! Nothing like that new paint smell :). I believe that is really close or the same color as my blazer (as I don’t know if mine is stock color or not lol). Nice!!!

Tmend 12-03-2020 12:59 AM

Quote:

510 Medium Blue

Very nice work

Spf79 12-03-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

510 Medium Blue

Great color!!! Not looking forward to the color sand/cut and buff. :(

SoCoC10 12-03-2020 02:07 AM

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. Looking forward to putting all the shiny stuff on next week or two.

SoCoC10 12-08-2020 09:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Gotta love drilling holes in fresh body work & paint! Shiny stuff going on.

Spf79 12-11-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 8847142)
Gotta love drilling holes in fresh body work & paint! Shiny stuff going on.

Looks great!!! Who did you buy the trim from?
What was your process for install? Did you make paper templates?

SoCoC10 12-11-2020 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spf79 (Post 8848212)
Looks great!!! Who did you buy the trim from?
What was your process for install? Did you make paper templates?

I think the trim was purchased from Classic Parts. I put the studded clips on the trim piece and a little wax on the end of the stud. Line up and press. Wax tells me where to drill. Use 1/8” bit then increase in size 2-3 time until 1/4” bit. Measure at edges of the doors, rear of fenders and front of tub pieces. Also trim the front door trim stud so it doesn’t hit the back of the lower door hung with the door fully open. Cut off before installing or if you are working on a lift you can access by pulling the bottom fender bolt and cut with an air saw or carbide bit.

72 Super 12-11-2020 09:22 PM

The trim looks really good. Sone of the aftermarket trim I’ve seen, the woodgrain looks really light. That is going to be a nice Blazer.

SoCoC10 12-12-2020 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 Super (Post 8848511)
The trim looks really good. Sone of the aftermarket trim I’ve seen, the woodgrain looks really light. That is going to be a nice Blazer.

Thanks. Been going together pretty well so far. Not clean but outside before the snow started.

Tmend 12-12-2020 02:34 AM

Very very nice work sir.

Spf79 12-13-2020 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 8848278)
I think the trim was purchased from Classic Parts. I put the studded clips on the trim piece and a little wax on the end of the stud. Line up and press. Wax tells me where to drill. Use 1/8” bit then increase in size 2-3 time until 1/4” bit. Measure at edges of the doors, rear of fenders and front of tub pieces. Also trim the front door trim stud so it doesn’t hit the back of the lower door hung with the door fully open. Cut off before installing or if you are working on a lift you can access by pulling the bottom fender bolt and cut with an air saw or carbide bit.

I will remember this. Thank you!

Spf79 12-13-2020 02:35 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Started mocking in my front buckets. They will be reupholstered to look original. They need to be lowered about 2", custom mounting brackets should do the trick.
Painted some small floor vent brackets and my windshield wiper assembly.

Wiring has been laid out, I have to make some adjustments in order to add some 12v connections around the back seat.

.... ummm, took an old rear seat apart so I can get the brackets powder coated. It smells like cat pee. Shower time. Yuck.

simicrintz 12-13-2020 01:37 PM

So happy that you are having the seats redone; they do not match the rest of the rig the way they are and I hate them :lol:

The console looks crowded and out of place; PM me for my shipping address and I will repurpose it for you.....

Spf79 12-13-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simicrintz (Post 8849226)
So happy that you are having the seats redone; they do not match the rest of the rig the way they are and I hate them :lol:

The console looks crowded and out of place; PM me for my shipping address and I will repurpose it for you.....

Lol, so do I! I kind of puked in my mouth when I set them in there. Im trying to have vision, I saw a set of these seat Upholstered to look original and they were awesome. Plus heated, so the wife doesn't complain. ;)

simicrintz 12-13-2020 09:25 PM

I am sure they will look awesome-like the rest of your build :metal:

SoCoC10 12-17-2020 10:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Couple tips on tailgate trim. Used a small piece of steel speaker mesh behind the tailgate trim clips. This way when you push on the soft aluminum trim, the hard steel clip doesn’t leave a high spot on the trim. The barrel push nuts for chrome above the tailgate handle need 1/4” holes. I use a 21/64” bit for horizontal trim and trim around the tail lights. (OE is 5/16”)

SoCoC10 12-24-2020 09:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hood, grill assembly, bumper and cowl installed. New door and window glass installed. Wiper linkage, wiper arms and new wipers installed.

Ol Blue K20 12-24-2020 10:46 AM

It's looking great.

DeadheadNM 12-24-2020 11:18 AM

Real nice!

SoCoC10 01-01-2021 11:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Interior details

Spf79 01-02-2021 12:27 AM

Looks great!
Is the aluminum grille housing original or aftermarket? If aftermarket, how was the fit to work with?

SoCoC10 01-02-2021 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spf79 (Post 8857803)
Looks great!
Is the aluminum grille housing original or aftermarket? If aftermarket, how was the fit to work with?

Counterpart from Classic Parts. Fits well. Everyone that has had issues with fitment has used aftermarket fenders.

Spf79 01-02-2021 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 8857810)
Counterpart from Classic Parts. Fits well. Everyone that has had issues with fitment has used aftermarket fenders.

Good to know! Thank you for the quick reply.
I kept original fenders for this reason. ;)

Skymortar 01-04-2021 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got mechanicals in. Now I can make it pretty
Posted via Mobile Device