The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=401176)

magwakeenercew2jh 12-04-2013 05:30 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

2 Attachment(s)
Merry Christmas to yourself, Mud!!!!!

My computer is on the fritz. Free hard drive from Apple is being installed, so I'm not sure if this is going to come through.

I found some two point belts in my parts stash that will work with the bench seat. So, in they went.

In The Ten Ring 12-04-2013 09:00 PM

I talked to the guy I'm buying the OEM rear fender from....getting the shipping total soon.

I just uploaded the newly repaired fender pics to Photobucket, about to post those here.

I'm so happy to finally get started on my truck. I was so foolish to think I could just let it sit.

guzzidude 12-04-2013 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my plate yesterday, so she's legal.

stepsider 12-05-2013 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Spend the day making an Alum Dash Cover/bezel. Not finished yet. Will be done tomorrow & painted

magwakeenercew2jh 12-07-2013 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Woke up to this today in Sunny California.

I guess they'll be no brake work today. :lol::lol:

mud.man.rj 12-07-2013 04:08 PM

:lol: Haha Mag, welcome to my world buddy, we have 3 x that here and -31c, very cold. At least it will get nice there sooner than here.

In The Ten Ring 12-07-2013 07:19 PM

My dad came over today and I was able to show him some of my progress, new parts, and plans. He is impressed, which of course, makes me feel proud as can be! :chevy:

Today I learned that I can use polyarmour tubing for my new fuel lines and that I can get all of that and the necessary tools at the local NAPA. I also found out that dad still has the original hubcaps and wheels but it will next spring before we can get to those in his garage attic. Still that's very important as it will save me having to buy others. *Thanks to everyone who gave info on those topics.

OK! Just bought a Craftsman double flare kit, a member-suggested tube bender, and a Rigid tube cutter with reamer. Amazing how just this morning I was asking advice on prebent stainless steel tubing and now I'm ordering tools to do it myself. :-)

68'CTown 12-08-2013 10:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mocked up my gas tank that I removed from the cab and put it underneath my frame and filled in some holes that were on the body. I decided to go with the 69 Camaro gas tank and do a flip down license plate.

VWNate1 12-08-2013 11:09 PM

I was walking my favorite junkyard and Lo ! that RUST FREE '69 low hump cab is STILL THERE and picked clean as a bone , ready to yank but , I have NO WHERE TO STORE IT until I'm well enough to install it sometime late next year =8-( .

Bummer , that .

In The Ten Ring 12-08-2013 11:13 PM

Surely someone on here can help you out.

Can you get the yard to hold it for you?

If I was near you, I'd voluteer.

In The Ten Ring 12-08-2013 11:16 PM

Today I finished (I guess) learning how to do my own fuel line replacements and what extra filters are best for what I have. I hope to start on this project in a few weeks.

VWNate1 12-09-2013 09:29 AM

Thank you Sir ;

I do have offers of help to get it off and out of the junkyard but where to store it ? .

I have a terrible drunken b*tch neighbor who has been hassling me ever since I turned her down one night when she was horny so can't keep it @ home .

Oh , well .

I do hope all out there are doing O.K. in the cold , wet , snow and ice ? .

-Nate
Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring (Post 6408682)
Surely someone on here can help you out.

Can you get the yard to hold it for you?

If I was near you, I'd voluteer.

frednoah 12-09-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWNate1 (Post 6409115)
Thank you Sir ;

I do have offers of help to get it off and out of the junkyard but where to store it ? .

I have a terrible drunken b*tch neighbor who has been hassling me ever since I turned her down one night when she was horny so can't keep it @ home .

Oh , well .

-Nate

I have some room in the shop here in NC ;)

ryanroo 12-09-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWNate1 (Post 6409115)
Thank you Sir ;

Oh , well .

-Nate

Sounds like you just need to give the neighbor lady some love and problem solved...

Ol Blue K20 12-09-2013 08:17 PM

QUOTE=ryanroo;6410113]Sounds like you just need to give the neighbor lady some love and problem solved...[/QUOTE]

:thud::jdp::exit::haha:

VWNate1 12-10-2013 02:42 AM

Re : " Community Service "

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanroo (Post 6410113)
Sounds like you just need to give the neighbor lady some love and problem solved...

EWWWwwwwwwww ! .

Not even with your equipment :lol: .

It looks like I'll have access to a bead blaster to - morrow and get the new (used) intake & exhaust manifolds cleaned up and hopefully re painted .

magwakeenercew2jh 12-10-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Re : " Community Service "

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWNate1 (Post 6410701)
EWWWwwwwwwww ! .

Not even with your equipment :lol: .

It looks like I'll have access to a bead blaster to - morrow and get the new (used) intake & exhaust manifolds cleaned up and hopefully re painted .

I know this is a Family Friendly Forum (FFF), but I can't help but suggest that your newly "accessed" equipment may be able to serve more than one purpose.

If you catch my drift.

:devil:

VWNate1 12-10-2013 11:16 AM

Re : 8 Days & Counting

I hope I can get my truck back sorted out soon ! .

I want to be able to have my son drive it whilst I'm convalescing .

Kinda cold this morning (38* F) for re painting .

zellway 12-10-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanroo (Post 6410113)

:lol::lol::lol:

zellway 12-10-2013 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
started off just replacing the gasket and fluid and found a cool surprise on my dad's truck :metal:

Lou Boffa 12-10-2013 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sold the '85. Now there's room for another '67-'72:bann:

mmiddle 12-10-2013 07:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lookie at what the Santa truck brought today :metal:
from Top Banana
The other cab parts should be here in a day or two.

BugzC10 12-10-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zellway (Post 6411190)
started off just replacing the gasket and fluid and found a cool surprise on my dad's truck :metal:

Call me an idiot:uhmk:, but what are we looking at here? :mm:

Ol Blue K20 12-10-2013 07:58 PM

POSI unit..

BugzC10 12-10-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 6411910)
POSI unit..

Thought it might be....never saw one before!