The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=401176)

mmiddle 12-17-2013 01:07 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Oh, but the curves you get to enjoy with that long and lean beauty!:smoke:

When I finish my 70CST I will start on a C-3 for the wifey. Curvy hottie driving a curvy hottie. :smoke::smoke:
But, I do agree, there is something about those low maintenance corn-feed girls that like working hard and getting dirty!:smoke:

Lees68GMC 12-17-2013 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm an Old Fart, don't see real well at night any more so, the Old Dim T3 yellow headlights are gone, replaced with New Projection Headlights. Upgraded wiring harness & relays of course too.

AKChevyman 12-17-2013 08:52 PM

Some proof that I have been working on mine.
http://youtu.be/OTGCgPuDV-k

texjake 12-17-2013 09:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I painted my door panels today. It was finally 70 degrees here today & no wind! Yippee ki yay!!

The before and after pics. IMO the black looks sooooo much better than that orange/red panel. The replacement arm rests will be here next week. I also replaced the window channel weather stripping (door glass felt run channel) and the fuzzies aka the scrappers or anti-rattle on the driver side door. Yahoo!! no more glass rattle when I shut the door.

texjake 12-19-2013 12:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I worked on replacing the passenger side window regulator. The whole door is just about gutted. Once I get the new window regulator installed then the new window channel weather stripping (door glass felt run channel) and the fuzzies aka the scrappers or anti-rattle will be installed. Then both doors will be done. Next will be the sound deadener, jute, carpet, cab weather-stripping & new door sills - after I replace that dang leaking heater core!

effects66 12-19-2013 01:07 AM

Finally mounted the rims and started to test and tune...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...ps7lgdlwvj.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...g2j3fcix-1.jpg[/QUOTE]

slowcpe 12-19-2013 02:13 AM

Ordered a new carb, heater core, and blower motor from summit. Then placed a call to Porterbuilt for my suspension. It's going to be a long 6 weeks.

zellway 12-19-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effects66 (Post 6425225)

[/QUOTE]

That looks great! what are the specs on the wheels?:metal:

BugzC10 12-19-2013 09:15 AM

That looks great! what are the specs on the wheels?:metal:[/QUOTE]

X2 really like that look! Who's the mfr?

texjake 12-19-2013 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished installing the passenger side window regulator, the new window channel weather stripping (door glass felt run channel) and the fuzzies aka the scrappers or anti-rattle are installed. The junk yard/new window regulator works great! The window doesn't fall down now when I shut the door. And I didn't even break the glass putting it back in, kudos to me! Now I'm just waiting for the new arm rests to come in.

effects66 12-19-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugzC10 (Post 6425483)
That looks great! what are the specs on the wheels?:metal:

X2 really like that look! Who's the mfr?[/QUOTE]

Circle Racing

circleracing.com

They are 20x10 rear and 20x8.5 fronts

In The Ten Ring 12-20-2013 01:29 AM

I tried (in vain) to see if I could get a fellow board member to part out his stepside bed so I could get his passenger side fender. Oh well, I ended up encouraging him to sell it all at once then prayed that he could.

It was cool talking with a fellow member and that made the call worthwhile. :metal:

ole dollor 12-20-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texjake (Post 6426556)
I finished installing the passenger side window regulator, the new window channel weather stripping (door glass felt run channel) and the fuzzies aka the scrappers or anti-rattle are installed. The junk yard/new window regulator works great! The window doesn't fall down now when I shut the door. And I didn't even break the glass putting it back in, kudos to me! Now I'm just waiting for the new arm rests to come in.

looking good . keep up the good work.

texjake 12-20-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ole dollor (Post 6427437)
looking good . keep up the good work.

Thanks ole, it just takes a little time & a whole lot of money. But hey, that's what makes it fun! :chevy:

alloutpro 12-20-2013 07:18 PM

Put all new fuel lines and fuel pump...went for a cruise and wasted an hour drooling on a new tranny.......

Lees68GMC 12-20-2013 07:27 PM

Hey Texjake, It's snowing here and I have to work outside, so not doing it right now, But I have the window channels, (whole kit & trim everything you mentioned) and rubber Vent window gaskets also complete. Any insights, tricks to make it easier or just go for the obvious?
- Lee

jeh 12-21-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring (Post 6426812)
I tried (in vain) to see if I could get a fellow board member to part out his stepside bed so I could get his passenger side fender. Oh well, I ended up encouraging him to sell it all at once then prayed that he could.

It was cool talking with a fellow member and that made the call worthwhile. :metal:

I won't forget about you if the complete bed don't sell. It was nice talking with you also. I enjoyed your "trip to the hospital" story. After we got off the phone I told my wife about it.....:lol:

allens4876 12-21-2013 01:20 AM

today i installed the hei distributor, replaced the thermostat, and started on my 5 speed swap. i cut out the small hump and drilled holes for the high hump. i searched for a shifter, but to no luck. the shifter for the 90 nv3500 has been discontinued. so i made one myself, glad i did too because i paid a total of $0.64 for it. i had a long piece of rod laying in the garage i used.

texjake 12-21-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lees68GMC (Post 6427734)
Hey Texjake, It's snowing here and I have to work outside, so not doing it right now, But I have the window channels, (whole kit & trim everything you mentioned) and rubber Vent window gaskets also complete. Any insights, tricks to make it easier or just go for the obvious?
- Lee

Don't feel bad, I do all my work on my truck outside as well, so I know how you feel. I have sent you a PM on how I tackled the task of replacing the window weather stripping & the fuzzies aka anti-rattles & the scrappers.

Andy4639 12-21-2013 08:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm having the 305 TPI motor swapped out for a 6.0 LSx motor.
Hawks 3rd gen Camaro is doing the work.
;):chevy:

lolo33 12-21-2013 09:05 AM

try to find the issue with contact. i have battery, but no contact ..... and no electricity !!

texjake 12-21-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolo33 (Post 6428451)
try to find the issue with contact. i have battery, but no contact ..... and no electricity !!

Check your ground strap between your engine or frame to the one connected to your cab. That is if your battery is fully charged.

lolo33 12-21-2013 03:05 PM

thanks. After control, it was just a little issue with battery clip.
now it works

john@thepier 12-21-2013 05:03 PM

I called the owner of the body/shop today that has had my truck for like 8 years and told him to get working on it, I've done this every other month for years now. I also told him that I just may have to take his butt to court if he did not get it done, or give me all my money back that I have paid him in advance and I'll find another shop to finish it. Guy offered me a deal, which I have in writing on the labor rate for helping him out $ during a hard time he was having. Hardly a deal when its taking this long. Granted though I never did put in a date of completion, and the work he is doing is the very top on notches. Money always seems to make enemies out of friends. So I guess I did at least something for my truck today!! Ha. John

Molberg 12-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john@thepier (Post 6428996)
I called the owner of the body/shop today that has had my truck for like 8 years and told him to get working on it, I've done this every other month for years now. I also told him that I just may have to take his butt to court if he did not get it done, or give me all my money back that I have paid him in advance and I'll find another shop to finish it. Guy offered me a deal, which I have in writing on the labor rate for helping him out $ during a hard time he was having. Hardly a deal when its taking this long. Granted though I never did put in a date of completion, and the work he is doing is the very top on notches. Money always seems to make enemies out of friends. So I guess I did at least something for my truck today!! Ha. John

Wow! Hope all turns out well after such a long wait