The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   CPP again....I'll never learn ;) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=491072)

VA72C10 03-22-2012 01:59 PM

Re: CPP again....I'll never learn ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPPJEFF (Post 5267898)
Hey if you want call me tonight i will have a tracking # for you and the wiring harness plug is not included but i have included one no charge for all your hassels.

thanks. Fyi...The plug was listed as included on the ebay ad....

CPPJEFF 03-22-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VA72C10 (Post 5268096)
thanks. Fyi...The plug was listed as included on the ebay ad....

I dont know anything about ebay, sorry about that i only know retail, either way u r getting a plug.

Sicklajoie 03-22-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPPJEFF (Post 5267898)
Hey if you want call me tonight i will have a tracking # for you and the wiring harness plug is not included but i have included one no charge for all your hassels.

Jeezus, after all the crap he's been through I think he deserves a full refund!

lyrikz 03-22-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicklajoie (Post 5268436)
Jeezus, after all the crap he's been through I think he deserves a full refund!

He doesnt want a full refund, he wants his parts. Which he is getting now. That is alot of stuff to go through to get some parts though. lol.

Liz 03-22-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPPJEFF (Post 5268295)
I dont know anything about ebay, sorry about that i only know retail, either way u r getting a plug.

:lol: sorry but I read that wrong twice. Thank goodness it is not what my mind thought it said!

Sicklajoie 03-22-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrikz (Post 5268440)
He doesnt want a full refund, he wants his parts. Which he is getting now. That is alot of stuff to go through to get some parts though. lol.

I meant a full refund on top of getting his parts.

CPPJEFF 03-22-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

I am good but not great, i dont think even i could get a full refund for him. I just want to get the column out and if he wants to go that direction he can get with upper management.

CPPJEFF 03-22-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

I second this statement i wish i would have known about this earlier...

lyrikz 03-22-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicklajoie (Post 5268443)
I meant a full refund on top of getting his parts.

Thats ridiculous.

Liz 03-22-2012 06:08 PM

Why? I am not looking to get Jonathan anything for free. Nor am I trying to say what should be done here. I do respect Jeff for stepping up and getting it fixed. The fact remains before Jeff knew there was an issue and stepped in, Jonathan was getting jerked around left and right. And even after, he was given a part (again out of kindness and trying to help) but that he was suppose to of gotten with the column already. Its been months of bs and many folks would had gone for fraud etc. (not suggesting that it should be handled that way.. just how some people do) I do not think it would be out of line for a company to step up and say crud we really messed up, lets eat that and make things good.

Again, I am not suggesting Jeff could do this, as we know that is out of his hands.. nor am I suggesting Jonathan go for such.. Just saying IMHO its not ridiculous at all. As the saying goes, sometimes you just need to give them the pickle. Just glad its rectified at this time as far as we all can see.

Sicklajoie 03-22-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrikz (Post 5268459)
Thats ridiculous.

No it's not.
It's been 7 months and how many times did they screw the pooch on this order?

shawno72 03-22-2012 06:09 PM

Hey since we are just being silly.... I never ordered a column and never paid for it, can I get one shipped to me asap?!?!

shawno72 03-22-2012 06:11 PM

Oh and I don't need a plug.

Sicklajoie 03-22-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 5268471)
Why? I am not looking to get Jonathan anything for free. Nor am I trying to say what should be done here. I do respect Jeff for stepping up and getting it fixed. The fact remains before Jeff knew there was an issue and stepped in, Jonathan was getting jerked around left and right. And even after, he was given a part (again out of kindness and trying to help) but that he was suppose to of gotten with the column already. Its been months of bs and many folks would had gone for fraud etc. (not suggesting that it should be handled that way.. just how some people do) I do not think it would be out of line for a company to step up and say crud we really messed up, lets eat that and make things good.

Again, I am not suggesting Jeff could do this, as we know that is out of his hands.. nor am I suggesting Jonathan go for such.. Just saying IMHO its not ridiculous at all. As the saying goes, sometimes you just need to give them the pickle. Just glad its rectified at this time as far as we all can see.

Thank you. You type what I think very well. :lol:

lyrikz 03-22-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicklajoie (Post 5268474)
No it's not.
It's been 7 months and how many times did they screw the pooch on this order?

So where is the limit on free items? If this was mcdonalds, sure. Or they took an hour two long at jiffy lube. He should get a free part because it took 7 months? Thats not how it works. Sorry. If it works where you are i would like to move there.

Fact is, if it took 7 months, that falls on the purchasers shoulders also. Waited to long. Was to trusting. I know its bad thinking that being to trusting can be a bad thing, but it was in this situation.

I do run my own business and i do quite well. I wouldnt offer him a free part. But i GUARANTEE that he would have a note on his file stating free shipping on his next order with a HIGH HIGH discount on that particular order. OR even cost on this part that he has waited so long on. I wouldnt want to make a dime off a customer that took that long to get their goods. But free? No.

CPPJEFF 03-22-2012 06:19 PM

You guys are hilarious! I say we just open this topic uo for free parts! My question is who is hiring when i am unemployed?? LOL :lol: Seriously if you wanna run it by upper management i can give you an ext numbe, oher than that the word free parts could cause me to get promoted to a CPP customer! LOL

lyrikz 03-22-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 5268471)

Your thoughts on the pickle idea are not correct. If a company like CPP did that, can you IMAGINE the amount of people coming out of the wood works to get their own pickle. Making problems just to get delays to get their free pickle.

The pickle in this case is not a free part. Its something extra. Free shipping on this part with discounted price. Or free shipping and cost price on his next order.. Something that is going to bring him back. Giving him something free now and not dangling another pickle for the future guarantees that he wont return as a customer..

But, if this was handled right in the first place, there would be no need for any of this. Until you run a company that does 300 customers a day, we cant really say. I know my business doesnt do that. I just know what works for me.

shawno72 03-22-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPPJEFF (Post 5268489)
You guys are hilarious! I say we just open this topic uo for free parts! My question is who is hiring when i am unemployed?? LOL :lol: Seriously if you wanna run it by upper management i can give you an ext numbe, oher than that the word free parts could cause me to get promoted to a CPP customer! LOL

So I take that is a no??:smoke:
:haha::lol::haha:

CPPJEFF 03-22-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrikz (Post 5268486)
So where is the limit on free items? If this was mcdonalds, sure. Or they took an hour two long at jiffy lube. He should get a free part because it took 7 months? Thats not how it works. Sorry. If it works where you are i would like to move there.

Fact is, if it took 7 months, that falls on the purchasers shoulders also. Waited to long. Was to trusting. I know its bad thinking that being to trusting can be a bad thing, but it was in this situation.

I do run my own business and i do quite well. I wouldnt offer him a free part. But i GUARANTEE that he would have a note on his file stating free shipping on his next order with a HIGH HIGH discount on that particular order. OR even cost on this part that he has waited so long on. I wouldnt want to make a dime off a customer that took that long to get their goods. But free? No.

This guy runs his buisness real similar to CPP. What he offers for restitution is real similar to what we would normally do.

CPPJEFF 03-22-2012 06:23 PM

:lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawno72 (Post 5268492)
So I take that is a no??:smoke:
:haha::lol::haha:

Not without a guarantee of my new place of employement! LOL! Guys seriously i have bent the rules so many times for you guys Its crazy, a free column i highly doubt i could pull off, but again i have to get permission to take a 10 minute break! :lol:

CPPJEFF 03-22-2012 06:49 PM

UPS tracking # as promised 1Z901E900306696010 .. Thats it i did my job! LOL

shawno72 03-22-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPPJEFF (Post 5268499)
:lol:

Not without a guarantee of my new place of employement! LOL! Guys seriously i have bent the rules so many times for you guys Its crazy, a free column i highly doubt i could pull off, but again i have to get permission to take a 10 minute break! :lol:

I know Jeff I am only trying to find a way to make light of the whole problem, obviously it fell through the cracks. People often forget that mistakes happen, sometimes BIG mistakes. All you can do is do what it takes to make it right, doesn't mean that the your product has no value, hence giving it to him for free, but maybe you could throw him a LARGE discounted coupon towards a future purchase. I deal in retail auto repair and the first time you make a mistake people want you to pay off the car loan cause you done them wrong or so they think. Stuff happens and you have stepped up to take care of it so in my opinion you have done the right thing. Today's generation has this self entitlement issue that when something doesn't go their way you now owe them more than the initial investment. All I'm saying is the column is on the way with the correct parts so let's move on. :waah:

$250 shipped for a new one you say??:uhmk:

CPPJEFF 03-22-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawno72 (Post 5268538)
I know Jeff I am only trying to find a way to make light of the whole problem, obviously it fell through the cracks. People often forget that mistakes happen, sometimes BIG mistakes. All you can do is do what it takes to make it right, doesn't mean that the your product has no value, hence giving it to him for free, but maybe you could throw him a LARGE discounted coupon towards a future purchase. I deal in retail auto repair and the first time you make a mistake people want you to pay off the car loan cause you done them wrong or so they think. Stuff happens and you have stepped up to take care of it so in my opinion you have done the right thing. Today's generation has this self entitlement issue that when something doesn't go their way you now owe them more than the initial investment. All I'm saying is the column is on the way with the correct parts so let's move on. :waah:

$250 shipped for a new one you say??:uhmk:

I hear you brutha, i hear all your sayin! Hey bro now i need a favor!! One of Hugh Hefners girls grew up in Lodi can you get me a FREE date with her?? I have been waiting like 5 years for her to call me and she never has! Thats terrible buisness in my opinion! God she is cute! Do you ever she that chick in Lodi??

shawno72 03-22-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPPJEFF (Post 5268546)
I hear you brutha, i hear all your sayin! Hey bro now i need a favor!! One of Hugh Hefners girls grew up in Lodi can you get me a FREE date with her?? I have been waiting like 5 years for her to call me and she never has! Thats terrible buisness in my opinion! God she is cute! Do you ever she that chick in Lodi??

You must be talking about my ex...:haha: Link to whom you are referring about. Lodi is a small town so I may know who she is.

dwcsr 03-22-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPPJEFF (Post 5268489)

So because I got the wrong parts 3 years ago I can get a new door bell button and a light fixture for the front of my house for free????? Jeff you are the man!!!!! Your paying shipping to right???