The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Roadster Project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=341787)

gottwake 05-11-2009 01:04 AM

Re: Roadster Project

3 Attachment(s)
Wow. Well, this why. I have have had a few... No truck-nuts though.

heidesign 05-11-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 3302445)
:devil:

Kevin
LFD Inc.

I guess I asked a stupid question here?

SOrry to sound like the devil if thats what was meant.

Good day off to remove rust with a blaster.

Bill

heidesign 05-11-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottwake (Post 3303662)
Wow. Well, this why. I have have had a few... No truck-nuts though.

Do guys with there trucks like the ones shown, actually use them for off road?

I got a little 350 like that, thought about raising it, but made no since to me in the midwest. Maybe different in Calli?

Bill

gottwake 05-11-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidesign (Post 3303965)
Do guys with there trucks like the ones shown, actually use them for off road?

I got a little 350 like that, thought about raising it, but made no since to me in the midwest. Maybe different in Calli?

Bill

All show-no go. I did take my black one in the mud after it rained. then, after having to clean it for 4 hours, that ended pretty quick. I had mud in places I didnt think possible.

gottwake 05-11-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 3302275)
Looking good! I have a customer that that wants a vehicle build and he referred me to your build for the look he wants:lol: Small world! As for door handles almost any of them will work well with Bearclaw's as they are designed to be very flexible for hooking up. Have you decided if you are going to run the strike on the door or the jamb yet? If on the door then your handles would mount in the kick or on/under the dash. A good place to find some would be in the street rod mags. I had several sites saved in my favorites but we just had some comp issues and I swapped over to my I-Mac after 20+ yr.'s of PC so I have not figured this thing out real well yet let along how to get my old files off the PC and on to here.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

I did find a couple that will work. I found a type that is frenched into the panel. I am going to flush-out the interior panel and paint like the exterior. Bringing my flames into the interior matching on both sides of the door. I was also thinking about push botton, but since my door will be solid, no replacment of the popper if it goes bad.

Rokcrln 05-11-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidesign (Post 3303957)
I guess I asked a stupid question here?

SOrry to sound like the devil if thats what was meant.

Good day off to remove rust with a blaster.

Bill

No your question was not stupid at all, I have something in the works along those lines but it is still undecided at the customers lack of making a decision. So it was ment to be a "errg someone else had the same thought" kind of thing.
Their is allot of bracing and structure work that would need to be done to remove any body flex since the trucks have a different structure than Blazers have.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

ANTHONY67 05-12-2009 11:56 AM

man nice blazer

expw03 05-13-2009 10:20 AM

Very nice metal work :flagw:

heidesign 05-13-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 3304745)
No your question was not stupid at all, I have something in the works along those lines but it is still undecided at the customers lack of making a decision. So it was ment to be a "errg someone else had the same thought" kind of thing.
Their is allot of bracing and structure work that would need to be done to remove any body flex since the trucks have a different structure than Blazers have.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Thanks Kevin,

I assumed that. Can not wait to see what you got planned thou.

your work I have seen is very top notched as far as I have seen.

I just did not know if the roadster mod was a taboo here or not? I found a nicer straight cab that needs the regular rocker, cab corner frame mount fixes, but not as bad as the cab that came with the truck, but did think it would be nice to fix the other cab up as a roadster for a possible future project. I was thinking something along the lines of a duvall style low windshield and more of a custom one off kind of look. I have found a few long beds that could use a shortening for the cheap around here, if I decide to go at it again in the future.

Im just shaving metal on the other one at the moment, but you never know what might happen.

Thanks for the reply.

Bill

gottwake 05-13-2009 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess the motor will have to wait...

nuke1 05-14-2009 08:19 AM

that is nice, at least it is not blue, hehe . but why not the new o9 honda 450r, that is one sic bike, ridden it lots, absolutely the best one i have ever ridden!

gottwake 05-14-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuke1 (Post 3309266)
that is nice, at least it is not blue, hehe . but why not the new o9 honda 450r, that is one sic bike, ridden it lots, absolutely the best one i have ever ridden!

Man I love the 09's. I recently sold my CRF 250R to get my CRF450. I like my 450 but it's too much bike for me. I like to race and I feel like i'm riding "too much" on the edge when I am on that thing. So I picked this up for new for $4500 OTD sweet deal!
Going to the track today to break-it-in.

Rokcrln 05-14-2009 08:07 PM

Yeah thats nice and all now get back to the roadster!! Nice bike by the way.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

gottwake 05-24-2009 08:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Working on the door post today. I had to re build it after the suicide doors. So I just had enough time to mock it up and will finish it later. Still gotta trim the outer sheet metal.
Before I close it up I will sand blast and epoxy the inside of the door post. Oh yea, wife bought me a bad a$$ helmet.

gottwake 05-24-2009 08:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics...

gottwake 05-24-2009 08:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Steve. here's the pics you wanted...

Rokcrln 05-25-2009 08:43 AM

It's about time you got off that donor cycle and back on the project:lol: So once it is all welded up will you have any way of getting into the hinges should the bushings ever need to be replaced?

Kevin
LFD Inc.

gottwake 05-25-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 3325943)
It's about time you got off that donor cycle and back on the project:lol: So once it is all welded up will you have any way of getting into the hinges should the bushings ever need to be replaced?

Kevin
LFD Inc.

I wish. I only got to ride that thing a couple of times, work is soo crazy! Anyway, great point on the bushings. I too pondered that very issue many times. This was my conclusion; Screw it. Or rather i'm screwed. I couldnt find any way to make a trap door or cover or anything that would allow me access later.. So whatever, I suppose in a few years i will have some body work to do. At the very least, i will only have to spot-in the post.

gottwake 05-25-2009 07:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I finished welding the one side, mostly. I have to fill in a few areas where the hinge pocket is short. But, the hard part is done.

gottwake 05-25-2009 07:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Before and after... Check out the factor bend at the top. ta tas...

my67chevytruck 05-26-2009 02:54 PM

looking good.

1971 GMC SHORTY 05-26-2009 03:32 PM

I am in the valley would like to drop bye a ck it out thanks

Steve Kelly 05-29-2009 09:24 AM

on the windshield,the 41" would you have been lower if you went the 1/4"lower on the botom? that we talked about earlier.
Thanks Steve

gottwake 05-29-2009 09:59 AM

I dont think the rake would change just the height.

N2TRUX 06-07-2009 11:47 AM

Awesome project. Keep those pictures coming.