The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Tools, Shops and Shop Safety (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Digging Holes For Shop Today! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=266634)

NONHOG 01-18-2008 12:10 PM

Re: Digging Holes For Shop Today!

4 Attachment(s)
Heres some teaser pics of the concrete . Its done I got home tonite and got my trowel out and cleaned up some edges . these pics my wife took early this morning . I already unplugged the lights so more pics inside tomorrow .
its cold I'm staying inside now !

oldiron 01-18-2008 02:29 PM

Now comes the hardest part waiting for the cement to cure. Looking great.

NONHOG 01-22-2008 01:06 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More cement pics , me making relief cuts with my skill saw. Not alot of fun and may not work ? Worth a try !

Bishops Trucks 01-22-2008 01:21 PM

Looking good. Your cuts should work, how deep did you make them? 3/8" to 1/2" inch should be fine.

NONHOG 01-22-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishops Trucks (Post 2540824)
Looking good. Your cuts should work, how deep did you make them? 3/8" to 1/2" inch should be fine.

I went about 3/4 of an inch . I think thats what my concrete guy said to do ?
Doing a diamond around the 2 center post then connected them . Not sure if there is a rule of thumb as to how close to make them but since my posts are mostly 14 ' from each other thats what I'm doing. And maybe one more where the rear Garage door apron goes .

Sillyoldman 01-22-2008 01:50 PM

Glad you did'nt ask to use my saw! Hey...where's my saw?

Cant wait to see it.

Bishops Trucks 01-22-2008 01:54 PM

What your doing should be fine. How long did your concrete guy tell you to keep vehicles off of it? Make sure it is fully cured before putting a lot of weight on it.

NONHOG 01-28-2008 12:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillyoldman (Post 2540868)
Glad you did'nt ask to use my saw! Hey...where's my saw?

Cant wait to see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishops Trucks (Post 2540878)
What your doing should be fine. How long did your concrete guy tell you to keep vehicles off of it? Make sure it is fully cured before putting a lot of weight on it.

Good news ! county came by on Friday and signed off on my final . Which surprised me cause the grade is not done but hey I am so o.k. with not having the county around ! Actually they were very good. Hope I can still make it thru that concrete to finish my relief cuts its been sooo cold around here I have been slacking . Not to mention our furnance in the house went out , getting replaced tomorrow. Bishop my salesman told me 1 week to stay off the slab , but I am waiting the whole 28 days and hopefully I will have a half decent day in Feb. to seal it , maybe Sillyoldman will come by and help and can get his saw back :lol: Oh bad news look what I found in our house garage YUK rotten wood , got my work cut out for me !

Bishops Trucks 01-28-2008 02:01 PM

I agree with you, I'd stay off of it the whole month untill it was completely cured and sealed. That sucks about the wood rot in your house garage, some how I got pushed in to doing woodrot repair for a few months for this guy I used to sub work off of. Once you start cutting out you seem to find more. Good luck with that.

Chevy Fleetside 01-28-2008 11:47 PM

Anywhere there is concrete should be pressure treated lumber. Hard to tell from your pictures where all the concrete is. Have fun. :lol: I was on a job of a 12 year old house which was rotted top to bottom. This was a 3 story house. Ripped all the siding off the back, and lightwell and all the stucco off the front. I think we replaced about 50% of the framing also.

tommypic 01-29-2008 12:56 AM

I like the shop . I hope you went ahead and put cureing compound on the floor after they finished power trouling the floor . I do all of our homes we build put on the carport floor as soon as its sets . it will keep the concrete looking like it was just poured and any oil or what ever gets on it wont soak in the concrete . I get mine from the concrete plant . keep up the post :cong:

NONHOG 02-21-2008 10:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Not a whole bunch has happened as of late , but I parked a couple of cars inside tonite . WooHoo ! I got it sealed last weekend and I used this
http://www.miraclecoverinc.com/
I know it won't be long and it'll get tested , oil spill who knows what else .
Heck thats what the shop is for . here are some pics
The truck is still outside for now seems I have some oil issues to look at someday , for now it'll leak outside :lol: I am not sure if the Amazon leaks oil
but I wanted to be safe (the cardboard)

CG 02-21-2008 12:33 PM

Makes my new 18x28 look tiny. Nice looking shop.

NONHOG 03-07-2008 11:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got trench dug , hand dug under sidewalk , in process of adding power now.
got some headway tonite , helps to have a buddy who is an electrician !

1st pic of my oil leaker in the shop:lol:
Add more pics soon .

Chevy Fleetside 03-07-2008 08:09 PM

So where is the toilet for you know what, and wash basin for your greasy hands.. :confused: :lol:

NONHOG 03-08-2008 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside (Post 2614146)
So where is the toilet for you know what, and wash basin for your greasy hands.. :confused: :lol:

Actually thought about adding a toilet and sink , just more $ (that I don't have) . I don't mind adding them later if I find I really want them.
The sink would be an easy add but not sure where to put it ? If I added a toilet it would go upstairs , but as of this time I have no upstairs :lol:
Its hard enough to determine where to put my outlets !

NONHOG 03-08-2008 10:16 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More pics .........
filled in some more of the drain trench tonite,
and worked on the electrical some more
tonite it was almost 50 last night it was almost 40 Brrrrr !

NONHOG 03-10-2008 06:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Spent about 8 hours today hanging lights (not a fan of high places), getting ready for when my electrician comes back on Monday then Tuesday the tractor guy is coming back for more trenches . No time to chop wood :waah:

NONHOG 03-15-2008 09:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Lights ! Check em out .:5150: Had to use the new smiley!

Palf70Step 03-16-2008 01:57 AM

:metal: :5150: :metal:

NONHOG 06-10-2008 02:06 PM

Inspecter for electrical due in today (2nd time) wish me luck !

Blue'72 06-10-2008 05:15 PM

:5150: That rocks!! :metal:

BACKYARD88 06-10-2008 10:47 PM

Good luck!!:D

NONHOG 06-13-2008 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A lil work here and there mostly making messes now, did some tractor work
did o.k. but it takes awhile to get used to grading .
Heres a pic
Oh it passed ! Woo Hoo !

Palf70Step 06-13-2008 06:50 PM

Congrats On the pass. It's always good toget thru those inspections.