The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Dirty Tijuana bible build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=756368)

mel knippson 02-10-2019 12:18 AM

Re: Dirty Tijuana bible build

3 Attachment(s)
Couple more

mel knippson 02-14-2019 12:35 AM

5 Attachment(s)
more pics

mel knippson 02-14-2019 12:49 AM

5 Attachment(s)
what a mess .. ok i figured it out again ... would be nice to edit your own stuff ..

mel knippson 02-14-2019 12:49 AM

yea !!! i did it

jcramsey 02-14-2019 11:25 AM

Nice work on the interior. Gotta know what the piece of paper is that is incorporated into your console. Keep it up!

That beard in the air ratchet pic makes my face hurt! :lol:

Edit: just realized its the protecto plate

mel knippson 02-14-2019 10:05 PM

its something called the Chevy Proctect O Plate .. says you must keep in the glove box at all times lol ..

cornerstone 02-14-2019 10:59 PM

Man! Your interior looks absolutely super! Great color combo, very nice one-of-a kind creative design on the console, and LOVE the seats. :metal:

mel knippson 02-14-2019 11:26 PM

thankyou .sure appreciate you stopping and looking . there are a plethora of browns going on in there , but finding all the same color brown is next to impossible ..

mel knippson 02-14-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerstone (Post 8466377)
Man! Your interior looks absolutely super! Great color combo, very nice one-of-a kind creative design on the console, and LOVE the seats. :metal:

thanks again So my membership ran out the other day,and i can not remember how or where i go to pay to re up . Could you help me out with that ?

TA_C10 02-14-2019 11:34 PM

This thread name, it gets me every time I see it. I have to look at it every update. It's impossible not to open a dirty Tijuana thread... 😁

Impossible.

First of all, you did a great job, it's very unique. I have a question though about your console. What was the reason behind not using body filler to smooth out the flex board you made? Just curious 😉. My OCD is kicking in. It does that. Even when it visits Mexico... :exit:

Getter-Done 02-14-2019 11:39 PM

Very nice work.
I have a vision for my interior.
and looking at your work
is making me Think??
You have spent a lot of time on that.
And it shows. :metal:

cornerstone 02-14-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel knippson (Post 8466398)
thanks again So my membership ran out the other day,and i can not remember how or where i go to pay to re up . Could you help me out with that ?

Yessir! Near the top of the page almost in the center you will see the word subscribe in what looks kind of like a task bar, click on that and you will see your options. Mine showed it is $25. for a years premium membership.

cornerstone 02-14-2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TA_C10 (Post 8466399)
I have a question though about your console. What was the reason behind not using body filler to smooth out the flex board you made? Just curious 😉.

If I were to venture a guess, he is going for a "rustic" look, perhaps to flow with the real (and fake) patina this beautifully weathered truck has.:ito:

What say you Mr. Knippson?

mel knippson 02-14-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TA_C10 (Post 8466399)
This thread name, it gets me every time I see it. I have to look at it every update. It's impossible not to open a dirty Tijuana thread... 😁

Impossible.

First of all, you did a great job, it's very unique. I have a question though about your console. What was the reason behind not using body filler to smooth out the flex board you made? Just curious 😉. My OCD is kicking in. It does that. Even when it visits Mexico... :exit:

first thakyou very much for the compliment and on the console i really dont know i suppose because i wanted the wood look and im not sure how to retain that with bondo .. i hurts my feelers everytime i look at it aswell , the only thing that has made it better in my brain is i beat up the other parts of the wood to make it look used and abused so i just figure that kinda rolls along with it .. So one of my buddys pointed out something else and i have been on it periodically through the day to try and make it look bettter ,,, Now this is gonna drive me back to drinkin . dang it .. im going to have to start over ...

mel knippson 02-15-2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerstone (Post 8466418)
If I were to venture a guess, he is going for a "rustic" look, perhaps to flow with the real (and fake) patina this beautifully weathered truck has.:ito:

What say you Mr. Knippson?

RUSTIC is how i roll , its the only way i can make it look like i know what im doing ... my house is rustic , my wife is rustic lol .. just kidding , and the only fake patina on the truck is the gas lid other than that its all natural . thankyou for checking it out, ps this forum is so confusing . Is it old technology ? oh and i lied to ya the side markers and and were the mirrors used to be i did a little diddy . forgot about that ..

mel knippson 02-15-2019 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 8466403)
Very nice work.
I have a vision for my interior.
and looking at your work
is making me Think??
You have spent a lot of time on that.
And it shows. :metal:

thankya sir .. its all i do .. its kind of my self appointed job , you would think i would be finished by now .. i know i see these cats with the leather interiors and its all awesome and matching leather colors and thats what i wanted but i dont have the patients or the money to make it match i suppose so im just going with the brown family if your in it i will use it .

cornerstone 02-15-2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel knippson (Post 8466425)
and the only fake patina on the truck is the gas lid other than that its all natural .

I remember commenting on the real nice blend work you did on that fuel door, so that's why I was ok with mentioning the "fake" patina... Looks BAD_ _ _!!

mel knippson 02-15-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerstone (Post 8466451)
I remember commenting on the real nice blend work you did on that fuel door, so that's why I was ok with mentioning the "fake" patina... Looks BAD_ _ _!!

Right i know i am so goofy sometimes , like duh you know you obviously saw the first pic of the thread , its not like i thought you may have thought that i ran out in the fellers yard were i bought it and put a patina paint job on it before i took the pic.. lol ... sorry bro i am just a weirdo sometimes.. i look back at my comments on this forum , fb ect .. and im like what the heck am i talking about... this comment will no doubt be no different in the future , thanks for taking the time to check my stuff out .. really means a bunch to me .

cornerstone 02-15-2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel knippson (Post 8466420)
one of my buddys pointed out something else and i have been on it periodically through the day to try and make it look bettter ,,, Now this is gonna drive me back to drinkin . dang it .. im going to have to start over ...

I hope you're NOT thinkin about starting over on that console! It's perfect for that truck!

Drive me ta drinkin' makes me think of a favorite song... Hot Rod Lincoln!

I need a beer....:alc:

mel knippson 02-15-2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerstone (Post 8466462)
I hope you're NOT thinkin about starting over on that console! It's perfect for that truck!

Drive me ta drinkin' makes me think of a favorite song... Hot Rod Lincoln!

I need a beer....:alc:

that is the third rendition i wouldnt be suprized if i did but it wont be anytime soon lol .. i kinda like it .. that is a might good song ..

mel knippson 02-15-2019 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
do any of you guys or do any of you know someone with this shifter ? If so do you possibly know how you can make it a little quieter by chance . i like the shifter but man is it loud .

TA_C10 02-15-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel knippson (Post 8466420)

im going to have to start over ...

Oh man, I hope I didn't cause this notion!! I just figured you had a reason and my OCD just needed that answer lol. It looks good man, and I pretty much figured you wanted the wood look.

However, I love woodwork, and there is another option if you tear it down. You can buy the thin sheets of wood veneer to cover the base and it will look like wood of your choice. knots and all ;) Stuff is cheap enough to justify it too. :mm:

This is another option if your just going to coat it with some sort of clear or poly afterwards again. https://www.homedepot.com/p/D-C-Fix-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

mel knippson 02-17-2019 02:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
page three needed four more pics