The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   KS NOS Tachometer, Guage/Faceplate and Circuit boards for sale (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=525503)

70cst10_05 05-24-2012 12:09 AM

Re: NOS Tachometer, Guage/Faceplate and Circuit boards for sale

70longhorncst beat me to it. Thanks for clearing that up!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

70LonghornCST 05-24-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst10_05 (Post 5397296)
70longhorncst beat me to it. Thanks for clearing that up!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

No problem. You are welcome 70cst10_05. Knowing that Tammy is new and not familiar with everything yet, I did not want her to get frustrated. It sure is nice to have her come to us and offer up some nice NOS parts for our builds.

thetorchess 05-24-2012 12:23 AM

Thanks for clearing that up.....I looked all over this site to try and figure what I had done wrong! And to 70cst10 05....sorry if I was rude.....and the name is thetorchESS, not torch lol

29od1 05-24-2012 07:44 AM

I'll take two tach lenses for $250 shipped. Please PM me payment info.
Thanks,
David

WIDESIDE72 05-24-2012 10:00 AM

I need a printed circuit in case you come across more. I held off thinking it was too good to be true and missed out!

jaros44sr 05-24-2012 11:22 AM

Tammy, got the tach today, thank you for quick delivery, but just a word of caution for future shipments. The factory box is not meant for shipping. Package is not up to snuff, my tach was bent, but fixable.

So, you should take the part out and wrap it with a better shock absorbing matrl. Box within a box, was fine. Just trying to help you out...

Please try to forgive my skeptism on my earlier post, you have restored my faith in mankind ( or womankind ) You have filled a void in our hobby,and i thank you again

thetorchess 05-24-2012 11:31 AM

Thanks for letting me know. I assumed that it would be ok shipping like that, as that is the way they were shipped from factory all those years ago. I had the original case they were shipped in. Glad you are happy tho.

jaros44sr 05-24-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetorchess (Post 5397843)
Thanks for letting me know. I assumed that it would be ok shipping like that, as that is the way they were shipped from factory all those years ago. I had the original case they were shipped in. Glad you are happy tho.

Maybe the package handlers were gentler back in the seventies:lol:

thetorchess 05-24-2012 12:26 PM

Probably right!

70shortfleet 05-24-2012 01:28 PM

Tammy, recieved my tach yesturday and it was in the same shape as jaros44sr described. I can't believe that GM would put the tachs in those boxes and not secure them from flopping around inside the box! It clearly got bent from not being secure. Anyway in the future make sure that everything is tight when you ship, thanks Les

shawno72 05-24-2012 01:46 PM

Got my printed circuit and everything looks great. Thank you again for the good deal.

jaros44sr 05-24-2012 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=70shortfleet;5398003]Tammy, recieved my tach yesturday and it was in the same shape as jaros44sr described. I can't believe that GM would put the tachs in those boxes and not secure them from flopping around inside the box! It clearly got bent from not being secure. Anyway in the future make sure that everything is tight when you ship, thanks

After further inspection, my tach face is bent also, thought it was just the cover for the needle. So, that means i have to figure out how to disassemble, without breaking anything, and bend the face flat again

Just shows how important proper packaging is. .....any ideas?

70shortfleet 05-24-2012 02:38 PM

All of these tachs are real NOS GM tachs but made later in March of 1985

thetorchess 05-24-2012 02:58 PM

? a fine tuned enthusisast eye is better than mine.

shawno72 05-24-2012 03:05 PM

Is it just me or does the tach face look bent in pic# 2 post 1? Not trying to bash, just an observation.

thetorchess 05-24-2012 07:48 PM

I believe that it is the angle of the camera or the way the tach was sitting. Had to take it tilted slightly so the flash didn't cover entire pic.

shawno72 05-24-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetorchess (Post 5398472)
I believe that it is the angle of the camera or the way the tach was sitting. Had to take it tilted slightly so the flash didn't cover entire pic.

I thought that might be it;)

Leroy-B1 05-25-2012 07:46 AM

mine was waiting on me when I got home thanks again....any lenses left?

bluek5 05-25-2012 08:26 AM

I will take 2 face lenses PM me a total to 84043. Thanks, Paul

thetorchess 05-25-2012 07:59 PM

Yes, I believe that I have 4 left. Thanks

29od1 05-25-2012 08:32 PM

Got the tach lenses today, thanks again for the fast shipping!
David

71 super 05-25-2012 09:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Tammy here are pics of the worst one I recieved today.

thetorchess 05-25-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71 super (Post 5400218)
Tammy here are pics of the worst one I recieved today.

This is a matter between you and I! Not this entire board. I would appreciate it, if you would REMOVE the picture with my name and address. Again, not cool.....this is between you and I and you are not following a very nice protocol!!!! I assure you, this tachometer was NOT in this condition when posted to you!!!!!

71 super 05-25-2012 10:17 PM

Actually, I posted at the urging of a moderator so I dont think that I have done anything wrong. After reading other posts this is not an isolated issue as it seems all so far have been damaged in some form or another in shipping. I am sorry that I have upset you but I paid a considerable amount of money for NOS parts in their original condition and I did not receive what was pictured. I sent you pictures and based on your reply you are insinuating that I may have damaged the unit(s) which too is not cool on your part. I will keep the units, you keep the money, it is of no consquence, I am just disappointed. I simply pm-ed you to let you know of the issue, your response led me to believe that I was an isolated case, but apparently I am not. In the future perhaps you should spend a little more time on packing. Thank you for your time and effort, I will work on this and make it a useable unit as others have had to do in the same situation.

71 super 05-25-2012 10:21 PM

you name has been removed. I dont believe that my post is nasty, simply very honest. The photo of the serial number is forcoming...