The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   IROC Lovers? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=832722)

LS short box 04-06-2022 08:53 PM

Re: IROC Lovers?

Maybe some real high pressure air thru the fuel lines disconnected at the engine side?
What does the trans fluid look like?

Boog 04-06-2022 11:50 PM

I can't imagine one sitting that long on the ground and not have critters nests all under hood, hoses eaten up, wires trashed.

Rich84 04-07-2022 08:58 AM

I had a TPI in my Squarebody for about 5 years. I really had no reason to pull it. It was trouble free and got about 19 mpg. It only sat for about 3 years before I put it in and the injectors needed to be replaced.

57taskforce 04-07-2022 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LS short box (Post 9062737)
Maybe some real high pressure air thru the fuel lines disconnected at the engine side?
What does the trans fluid look like?

It’s still a nice red hue with not even a hint of a burnt smell. Iphone cameras can be pretty amazing sometimes. I didn’t mean to catch that drip like that but I guess I got it just right.

Boog, when I first looked at it I was half thinking I’d buy it to part out maybe have one I could do a more hard core race car build on but the more I’ve dug into it the more I’ve realized this thing is pretty well preserved all things considered. I will not be doing either of those things. It’s a good kind of disappointment. I’ve been wanting to build a hardcore road race car, big NA LS cubic inch, 6M trans, roll cage, big brakes, bad ass suspension etc. for a little bit- this is not going to be that car.

Rich- noted on the injectors. Im half expecting the same results.

Boog 04-07-2022 10:57 PM

I agree Tyler. Looks like the one to preserve and love it's originality.

Shifty One 04-09-2022 02:23 PM

southbay fuel injectors is a great resource for TPI cars as well.

Rich84 04-12-2022 11:35 AM

They are. That's where I got my injectors.

57taskforce 04-12-2022 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Getting closer! All the lights worked right out the gate. There’s a few issues with the gauge cluster I’ll have to work thru and the blower motor doesn’t come to life either but. The factory radio and speakers still work great! The first song it played in 20 years was King Nothing by Metallica- on the radio. Me and this car are going to do great things together starting off on that foot:metal:
(Metallica is my all time favorite band)

I haven’t got to the engine yet. I need the damn wind to stop blowing so I can pull the plugs and fog the cylinders to get that ole girl running again.

FleetsidePaul 04-12-2022 01:52 PM

Metallica fits that car. It's nice to see it's going well.

Boog 04-12-2022 03:15 PM

You could very likely have a dirt dobber's nest in the blower motor housing. Or just a crusty electrical plug. It's neat seeing the old car brought back to life.

Rickysnickers 04-13-2022 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9065633)
Getting closer! All the lights worked right out the gate. There’s a few issues with the gauge cluster I’ll have to work thru and the blower motor doesn’t come to life either but. The factory radio and speakers still work great! The first song it played in 20 years was King Nothing by Metallica- on the radio. Me and this car are going to do great things together starting off on that foot:metal:
(Metallica is my all time favorite band)

I haven’t got to the engine yet. I need the damn wind to stop blowing so I can pull the plugs and fog the cylinders to get that ole girl running again.

No, no, no. You got it all wrong! You should be playing something like Van Halen, Motley Crue, or Iron Maiden in that car :)

FleetsidePaul 04-13-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 9066056)
No, no, no. You got it all wrong! You should be playing something like Van Halen, Motley Crue, or Iron Maiden in that car :)

Or these guys.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../Motorhead.jpg

57taskforce 04-13-2022 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite playlist on Spotify….

Iron Maiden is actually one of my favorite all time bands to see live. Bruce Dickinson is awesome on stage. Motley Crue wasn’t that great when I saw them with KISS about 10 years ago. Vince Neal was way out of shape and breath lol. Tommy lee on the drums upside down was cool. Gene Simmons in the rafters was awesome.
Papa Het and the boys put on a damn good show. One and Master of Puppets live; need I say more! Godsmack is another one of my favorite live bands.

FleetsidePaul 04-13-2022 08:44 PM

Bear approves of your playlist. And you don't want to mess with him.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...he_rocker1.jpg

Boog 04-13-2022 09:35 PM

I've only heard of a couple of all those names. I must be older than I feel.

FleetsidePaul 04-13-2022 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9066404)
I've only heard of a couple of all those names. I must be older than I feel.

Those bands have been around for 30 or 40 years. Now I feel old. :waah:

57taskforce 04-13-2022 10:25 PM

Lol yea those are the bands of my childhood/teenage years. I can’t stand modern “rock”. Almost anything after about the early 2000’s pisses me off.

LT7A 04-13-2022 10:34 PM

All the lights working is a big deal. I hope you get the blower motor figured out easy. You and I could swap playlists without missing a beat.. literally. When you said Metallica and the other bands got listed, in my head I'm going Dio, Dio, Dio, haha. And there it is on your playlist. He's not only amazing singer, I've read he was really a good-hearted person.

Rickysnickers 04-13-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9066086)

:metal:

FleetsidePaul 04-14-2022 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9066447)
Lol yea those are the bands of my childhood/teenage years. I can’t stand modern “rock”. Almost anything after about the early 2000’s pisses me off.

I'm a musician so I'm pretty much wide open to listening to anything. If it's cr@p I'll be the first to say so. But I'll give it a chance. I've been surprised before. There are still creative people out there. Some of the best bands I've heard were playing in dive bars.

Yes. I do go to dive bars. I like the atmosphere. Piss smell, stale beer and skanky chicks. What more could you ask for? :lol:

Dieselwrencher 04-14-2022 07:08 AM

That's a good deal on the lights working. You definitely dodge bullets with vehicles setting. :lol: You guys need to quit sending your wind here because we've had stupid winds for too long here. Send them farther east. To DC. :lol: I am right there with you on the play list. There are only a few modern bands I like. This new age music pisses me off too. For instance, hick hop? WTF is that trash? The metal now is more death and screaming than music. IDK :lol:

Rich84 04-14-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9066553)
I'm a musician so I'm pretty much wide open to listening to anything. If it's cr@p I'll be the first to say so. But I'll give it a chance. I've been surprised before. There are still creative people out there. Some of the best bands I've heard were playing in dive bars.

Yes. I do go to dive bars. I like the atmosphere. Piss smell, stale beer and skanky chicks. What more could you ask for? :lol:

A great cheeseburger!

FleetsidePaul 04-14-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9066628)
A great cheeseburger!

Oh yeah! We used to go to this dive called Nick's by the Pomona Fairgrounds after the Pomona swap meet and shoot pool. They had the BEST cheeseburgers.

Nothing like that up here. Just popcorn and Doritos in a bag. :(

Just call me Sean 04-15-2022 12:00 AM

This should fit in here.

https://youtu.be/-tAEAyHgCec

Richard 04-17-2022 12:56 AM

Brings back some memories. At 19 years old I remember having to drive my friend Todd's new blue IROC home after being pulled over for speeding over 100 mph. I5-118 interchange. Everybody in the car was wasted except me. Thought it was a cool car.