The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project: Blank Slate (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=353633)

GRIMSS 07-26-2009 07:45 AM

Re: Project: Blank Slate

Nate your truck is perfect now. Can't wait for Sept. to see it in person.

Palf70Step 07-26-2009 08:30 AM

It came out looking great!!

tcb-1 07-26-2009 08:39 AM

one word. p e r f e c t!

big_al_71 07-26-2009 09:19 AM

Definetly it looks 100% better with the new height adjustment.....:metal::metal::metal:

gcburdic 07-26-2009 10:06 AM

Nice write up Nate!!!...Looks OH so nice!!!

powell72 07-26-2009 11:48 AM

That looks great, and kudos to you for going the extra mile looking for the 15x7's. I'm sure Keith helped with the decision with his eye for detail.

It's also very cool that you got to met some people from the trucks past, where they happy with what you've done to it so far?

lolife99 07-26-2009 11:54 AM

I'm sure the 15x7's are just temporary.
I see a little bling in Nate's future,...

LockDoc 07-27-2009 08:00 PM

Nate,

This is the first time I have seen your build thread so I had to read the whole thing. Your truck is lookin' bad...(in a good way) The stance is spot on and I like the way you retained the stock exterior appearance. It looks like you won't have any trouble getting things buttoned up for the Nats in Sept. I'm sure it was nice having Keith's help, not only to make things go faster but it is always more enjoyable working on a project, having someone to compare notes with and probably a few good laughs along the way. Props to Keith. Friends like that are usually hard to come by (but not so much when you have a place like the forum)..:)

LockDoc
p.s. Props to your wife for supporting you during the build. If she had a screen name I would give her some rep points too..;)

72BlckButy 07-27-2009 08:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the good words guys!

After a looong day on the road, I just felt like tinkering with the truck a little tonight before I had to get back to work. I couldn't resist trying it out... :D

Attachment 482540

Attachment 482541

Attachment 482542

Attachment 482543

Attachment 482544

my67chevytruck 07-27-2009 08:33 PM

looking good!

tcb-1 07-27-2009 08:45 PM

Nate, you know I am a sucker for the stock appearing trucks. but the factory stocker just don't do that beautiful truck justice. the tires just don't fill the wells like the rallyes.

some bling in your future, my friend?

EDIT! I just figured it out. if those stock rims were widened from 6 to 9 in the rear and 6 to 7 in the front and blackwalls.... ummm, um.

but... we discussed the big/littles..... screw that.

72BlckButy 07-27-2009 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol:

Yeah, after I got it mounted I called the wife out and we both had the same idea after we stepped back. Those 6.5" rims are definitely narrow... check out this comparison shot (sorry for the quality):

Attachment 482558

sjarrett71 07-27-2009 09:00 PM

Wow Nate! Lookin GREAT!! Hey, that rhymed! :lol:

I've got a set of 6 lug rally's I don't need now but they are too wide for you.

tcb-1 07-27-2009 09:02 PM

WOW! I've never seen a side by side comparison like that. well, that settled that. gotta go bigger.

however..... I still looooove those caps!

72BlckButy 07-27-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjarrett71 (Post 3433615)
Wow Nate! Lookin GREAT!! Hey, that rhymed! :lol:

I've got a set of 6 lug rally's I don't need now but they are too wide for you.

Luckily I have a set of 15x7's lined out for the time being, I just don't like borrowing things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcb-1 (Post 3433620)
WOW! I've never seen a side by side comparison like that. well, that settled that. gotta go bigger.

When I rolled the two side by side, I thought "Ahh... that's not that big of a difference." Boy was I wrong...

Now I can see why guy's are trying to run smoothies with the caps. :D

72BlckButy 07-28-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 3433474)
Nate,

This is the first time I have seen your build thread so I had to read the whole thing. Your truck is lookin' bad...(in a good way) The stance is spot on and I like the way you retained the stock exterior appearance. It looks like you won't have any trouble getting things buttoned up for the Nats in Sept. I'm sure it was nice having Keith's help, not only to make things go faster but it is always more enjoyable working on a project, having someone to compare notes with and probably a few good laughs along the way. Props to Keith. Friends like that are usually hard to come by (but not so much when you have a place like the forum)..:)

LockDoc
p.s. Props to your wife for supporting you during the build. If she had a screen name I would give her some rep points too..;)

LockDoc, thank you for the kind words. I read your post to my wife last night, and she was thrown back to say the least. I have had a lot of encouragement from my family and friends (ie, the board) during this build and I owe a lot to them.

I have a few things I would like to get accomplished before the Nat's, and I'm going to try and get them crossed off asap.

Can't wait to talk with you and Mrs. LockDoc again.

big_al_71 07-28-2009 08:53 AM

Nate I really love the look of rallies ,,,,,, just a thought I wish we were close to each other and I would love to see my black coys on your truck I think it would look so bad ass....maybe have one of the guys in the phtoshop section do it just for craps and giggles.......let me know I can post a pict of my wheel or my truck so they can use it to see what yours would look like...

70k52wd 07-28-2009 09:18 AM

I loved your truck before the drop, now I love it 5/6 times more. Looks are super fine. Great job guys!!!
I'm amazed at the lack of rust. What a jewel.

lolife99 07-28-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_al_71 (Post 3434302)
Nate I really love the look of rallies ,,,,,, just a thought I wish we were close to each other and I would love to see my black coys on your truck I think it would look so bad ass....maybe have one of the guys in the phtoshop section do it just for craps and giggles.......let me know I can post a pict of my wheel or my truck so they can use it to see what yours would look like...

Your going to have to help me convince Nate to switch to 5-lug, before your Coys can go on. $300+ for conversion axles and a set of 5-lug rotors would do it.

Then the wheel choices are endless,...

70k52wd 07-28-2009 10:01 AM

I didn't even pay attention, I thought it was switched over.
I wish somebody made 20in rallys, that would be the rats ass.

Skirkpat 07-28-2009 10:31 AM

UMM, Just an Idea.... what if the bowtie on the caps were Aqua body colored? I like the Truck ralley's also, just a little common (both of mine will have them) I like the Bling (your truck is a little too "Cherry" for that in my Opinion though) But the stock caps really set it off. Any way you decide it is definately a truly beautiful piece..the ride height was a much needed mod:clap:

gcburdic 07-28-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skirkpat (Post 3434455)
UMM, Just an Idea.... what if the bowtie on the caps were Aqua body colored?

:agree:

72BlckButy 07-28-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_al_71 (Post 3434302)

I might just have to see what that will look like. Guy's you are not helping me with the wife. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70k52wd (Post 3434334)
I loved your truck before the drop, now I love it 5/6 times more. Looks are super fine. Great job guys!!!
I'm amazed at the lack of rust. What a jewel.

Thanks Charlie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 3434371)
Your going to have to help me convince Nate to switch to 5-lug, before your Coys can go on. $300+ for conversion axles and a set of 5-lug rotors would do it.

Then the wheel choices are endless,...

As lolife99 mentioned... that was one of the main issues I had with order the 6-lug discs. I couldn't quite make the call to change the rear axles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70k52wd (Post 3434406)
I didn't even pay attention, I thought it was switched over.
I wish somebody made 20in rallys, that would be the rats ass.

IIRC I think there's a company out there that is actualy making 20" rallys but you better open your wallet real wide. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skirkpat (Post 3434455)
UMM, Just an Idea.... what if the bowtie on the caps were Aqua body colored? I like the Truck ralley's also, just a little common (both of mine will have them) I like the Bling (your truck is a little too "Cherry" for that in my Opinion though) But the stock caps really set it off. Any way you decide it is definately a truly beautiful piece..the ride height was a much needed mod:clap:

Now that's something I have never thought of before; but if I would ever decide to run them, I would probably have to leave them blue. But that's me... and I'm crazy! :crazy:

72BlckButy 07-28-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcb-1 (Post 3433576)
EDIT! I just figured it out. if those stock rims were widened from 6 to 9 in the rear and 6 to 7 in the front and blackwalls.... ummm, um.

but... we discussed the big/littles..... screw that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcb-1 (Post 3433620)

Opinion time guys.... what do you all think about the following:

Bling factor - a 20" wheel that will not be disclosed yet :D
Rallys - 15x7 and 15x8
Stock Steelies - a larger dia steelie (15x7 and 15x8) with a larger tread tire?

Just wanted to see what you all thought...

my67chevytruck 07-28-2009 01:09 PM

I say 20's, or steelies with dog dish caps...