The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I Picked This Up Yesterday (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648822)

LockDoc 01-24-2015 12:19 PM

Re: I Picked This Up Yesterday

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 7016523)
Glad your surgery went well and take care for those 2 weeks .

Thanks flashed. I'm pretty good about following orders (otherwise my wife would kill me)...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 Burb (Post 7016583)
God, Leon! You almost gave a me a heart attack! I started reading your response to Oldertruckfan without reading his quote, and when I read your response, (I thought you were talking about your surgery) "Thanks, I have always liked louvers but this is the first..........", I thought "What the hell did he go and do to himself?" :dohh: I'll have to be more careful in the future and read things thoroughly.

I've been known to do that too..... Sometimes I have to tell myself, OK, slow down and read the whole thing.

It's just sinuses and nasal passages and I usually heal pretty fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 7016660)
I am always amazed at your truck finds :metal:

That Panel is indeed a keeper

Thanks DeWayne. I plan on having this truck for quite a while.

LockDoc

LockDoc 02-07-2015 02:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
-
Well, I'm back at it. Meanwhile, I picked up a couple more goodies for the build. I bought a set of Hooker cast headers for the LS1 and a set of 2010 Jeep Wrangler headlights. I went ahead and bought the headlight conversion pigtails for the swap too.

I have the firewall all cleaned and sanded and will be painting it in the next couple of days..... More to come.

LockDoc

flashed 02-07-2015 04:54 PM

Where did you buy the headlight conversion pigtails and headlights ,and price if you can share ?

LockDoc 02-07-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 7038064)
Where did you buy the headlight conversion pigtails and headlights ,and price if you can share ?

I bought both on e-Bay. Here are the actual pigtails I bought and the headlights I bought were from a private seller that changed his over to something different. They are in excellent condition. You have to be careful because there are a lot of look alikes. The 2nd link is to an auction that is about the same price as I paid for my OEM lights. They do make exact replacements too but you have to watch, some of them come with bulbs and some don't. The easy way to tell the OEM's are by the back. I think the lights are the same from 2007-2015.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130940451329...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Jk-Wran...46f900&vxp=mtr

LockDoc

Dieselwrencher 02-07-2015 06:38 PM

Thanks for sharing the links Leon. I may go this route with my 76's head lights.

mdw 02-07-2015 07:38 PM

Hi There, can you tell if your rear roll pan is a panel spec or is it from a pick up or is it hand fabbed, I have a panel wanting to do the same . Thanks.

LockDoc 02-07-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 7038284)
Thanks for sharing the links Leon. I may go this route with my 76's head lights.

No problem Ryan. Here is a link to another set....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Jk-Wran...-/331466982214

And here is a link to a set of aftermarket ones. Looks like it's a crap shoot whether you get bulbs with these or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlight-He...542792&vxp=mtr

LockDoc

LockDoc 02-07-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdw (Post 7038371)
Hi There, can you tell if your rear roll pan is a panel spec or is it from a pick up or is it hand fabbed, I have a panel wanting to do the same . Thanks.

I don't know it was already installed when I bought the truck. Sorry....

LockDoc

flashed 02-07-2015 08:37 PM

Im thinking about these for my 74 stepside ,thanks too from me for the links ,very helpful .

LockDoc 02-07-2015 09:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
-
No Problem on the links and info guys.

I got the firewall and frame painted. I will undercoat the lower part of the firewall tomorrow. I need to re-paint the front cross member but I need to pressure wash it first. I can't do that until it warms up outside and more of the snow melts...:(

LockDoc

CG 02-08-2015 12:59 AM

Coming along nicely. I like the idea of full width nerf you showed on that black roadster. Mags will look nice too.

You practically just got this thing and it will be done long before the one I've had for years and years lol.

Advanced Design 02-08-2015 09:54 AM

Really enjoying your project and looking forward to the LS going in. Will be tagging along.

LockDoc 02-08-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7038816)
Coming along nicely. I like the idea of full width nerf you showed on that black roadster. Mags will look nice too.

You practically just got this thing and it will be done long before the one I've had for years and years lol.

Thanks Mark. I try to live by Larry the Cable Guy's motto "GIT-R-DONE". That, and my motto "Just go out and do it". Part of it is the fact that I build drivers, not show trucks, so I don't spend hours and hours trying to make something perfect. That has worked for me for the 55 years I have been working on the old stuff.

LockDoc

LockDoc 02-08-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 7039040)
Really enjoying your project and looking forward to the LS going in. Will be tagging along.

Thanks, Hopefully I will be setting the engine in this next week.

LockDoc

LockDoc 02-14-2015 01:52 PM

-
Just an update on the headlight pigtails. I got them yesterday and they fit the Jeep headlights and the trucks stock headlight connectors perfectly....

After lunch I'm going out to set the engine in. Wish me luck....:)

LockDoc

mud.man.rj 02-14-2015 02:17 PM

Be nice to set the engine in for fitment.

LockDoc 02-14-2015 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
-
Yes, I will have to pull it back out to finish cleaning it.

I have it in but I'm not real happy with The POL engine mount frame brackets. The drivers side fits like a glove and all of the bolts dropped right in, but the passengers side is another story. The top bolts line up but the bracket is a good 1/2" above the frame rail, and the cross member holes don't even start to line up. Oh well, just another day in paradise...:)

LockDoc

teeitup 02-14-2015 08:39 PM

Looking good Leon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Number98 02-14-2015 09:10 PM

That LS looks right at home there! Looks great....

LockDoc 02-14-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeitup (Post 7048704)
Looking good Leon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Randy. I can't wait to drive this thing.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number98 (Post 7048764)
That LS looks right at home there! Looks great....

Thanks Number98. I'm going to keep thrashing on it and hopefully I can drive it this summer....

LockDoc

mud.man.rj 02-15-2015 12:15 AM

Always more things to figure out but engine looks good in there.

CG 02-15-2015 04:26 PM

I haven't checked in on this thread for a week, I figured it would be done by now :lol:

Looking good Leon, you do excellent work!

LockDoc 02-16-2015 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mud.man.rj (Post 7049061)
Always more things to figure out but engine looks good in there.

That's true.... Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7049704)
I haven't checked in on this thread for a week, I figured it would be done by now :lol:

Looking good Leon, you do excellent work!

Thanks Mark.

I got the engine and trans all bolted in after a few modifications and everything fits pretty well. I will try the drive shaft tomorrow, and the AC compressor. The compressor may not fit since I had to move the engine ahead slightly. We'll see.

LockDoc

LockDoc 02-18-2015 07:02 PM

-
Well, the rear trans cross member bolted right in and the short TH350 drive shaft I had fit perfect. The A/C compressor fits but it doesn't. It's pretty tight. I am going to check out the aftermarket top mount one tonight.

Power steering box is bolted in place and connected to the cross link.

I got the under dash wire loom modified, I had to add a neutral start circuit and rewire the cluster plug from idiot lights to gauges, so it's ready to go.

I'm going to remove the windshield tomorrow so I can check for rust around it and get the dash ready to paint.

LockDoc

flashed 02-18-2015 07:18 PM

Wow ,you are really moving on this project .