The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   New project & forum jumper (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=154951)

texascowboy593 12-12-2006 09:18 AM

Re: New project & forum jumper

That lizard skin looks pretty good! Nice work!

Hause 03-13-2009 09:29 PM

Looks like this thread has been dormant for a while. Did you get it finished?

andrewt2 03-14-2009 12:01 PM

pretty sure i saw this truck at the ottawa kansas car show in september, if so it turned out beautiful.... lets see some finshed pictures!

Kid 03-15-2009 09:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
seein this old thread pop up is quite a suprise!. Yep I got it finished Hause, & thanks andrewt2, we were at the Ottawa show for our first time. That ottawa show is great! Was very suprised winning an award at Ottawa, it's one of my most coveted! I'll throw a couple of pictures in, but my camera sucks, I need a new one. the "classic Trucks" link on my sig. will take you to some better better pictures that Grant Peterson took in Lawrence Ks. You guys plan on being at Ottawa this year?

andrewt2 03-15-2009 12:09 PM

i plan to be in ottawa again this year, i try and go every year. it kind of signifies to me the end of car show season and begining to start wrenching for the fall again. hope to see you there again this truck turned out beautiful!

GMC406 06-27-2009 12:48 PM

That is one sweet truck Kid! I am on the search for a 51 GMC myself. Beautiful truck like yours makes want to look that much harder. Anything new going on with it? I see its been awile since you posted.

72BlckButy 06-27-2009 03:28 PM

kid, I hope you are planning on bringing either you '51 or your '68 to the Midwest All Truck Nat's on September 11-13, in Riverside, MO.

Kid 06-28-2009 09:04 PM

Hey GMC406, Hope you find ya a GMC, they do look a little diff. BlckButy, I'd love to make the "Midwest All Truck Nationals". I gotta see if I can afford the trip, September is a busy month with the week before being KC Goodguys show, already bought tickets & rooms. You goin? Iv'e been itchin to go to the truck nationals tho so I'm not counting it out

72BlckButy 06-29-2009 04:05 AM

Oh, we'll be there alright! :D

And it sounds like we will have a pretty nice turnout from the board as well. Check out the Missouri/Midwest sections for more info.

I know what you mean about the weekends being back to back. I'm trying to come up with extra time/money for the GG's event so maybe we'll see you at both events. :D

Dan in Pasadena 11-15-2009 11:45 PM

Kid,
WOW that thing is beautiful. I went to the link to the Classic Truck shots and I'd like to ask what gas tank you used to get that final location for the cap? I like it better than the hidden-behind-a-door style.
What a great looking truck. Do you know the exact color name? Is it a stock mfg color from some year?

ChuckDriver 11-16-2009 09:42 AM

How is the lizzard skin working for you? Do you like it better than the Dynamat you used in your other build?? Beautiful truck! Hopefully going with an LS motor in my 57 soon!

Kid 11-16-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckDriver (Post 3622651)
How is the lizzard skin working for you? Do you like it better than the Dynamat you used in your other build?? Beautiful truck! Hopefully going with an LS motor in my 57 soon!

I'm glad I used the Lizard skin, I think it makes for a quieter ride & seems to keep the heat out better also. I also used some "Damplafier Pro" on the floor over the Lizzard skin. (similar to Dynamat) just for good measure. No real measurements done to compare tho, just my thoughts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 3622242)
Kid,
WOW that thing is beautiful. I went to the link to the Classic Truck shots and I'd like to ask what gas tank you used to get that final location for the cap? I like it better than the hidden-behind-a-door style.
What a great looking truck. Do you know the exact color name? Is it a stock mfg color from some year?

Thanks Dan, I custom built a aluminum fuel tank, then mounted it behind the rear end & just used the stock filler neck, rubber gasket & cap that I removed from the cab & mounted it in the fender. The color has no name, but I found it in the paint chip book for Dupont "single stage". Someone once told me the color looked like "Southwetsern Bell" green.

806em55 02-04-2010 09:59 PM

Kid I was wondering if you could get me some wheel specs. I am using the same wheels on a s-10 frame under a four door 48. I love the final pics from Classictrucks. Thanks again for any info on the wheels and tires. Thanks Eric!!!!

Kid 02-06-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 806em55 (Post 3780517)
Kid I was wondering if you could get me some wheel specs. I am using the same wheels on a s-10 frame under a four door 48. I love the final pics from Classictrucks. Thanks again for any info on the wheels and tires. Thanks Eric!!!!

no problem, rear is 20 X 10 with 6.5" back spacing, 295/40/20 goodyear tires. Front is 18 X 7 with 4" back spacing & 235/45/18 goodyears

jasonhall 09-10-2010 01:44 PM

This is a great looking truck!!