The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Film Guy Project Build Thread........ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=222308)

N2TRUX 04-17-2007 11:37 PM

Re: Film Guy Project Build Thread........

Oh, I like that. I like it a LOT.....:)

PBFAB.COM 04-17-2007 11:38 PM

Looks killer! Can't wait to see it completed... and sorry about the hood.

Film Guy 04-17-2007 11:47 PM

Yes, I did remove the moldings for now. I have them wrapped up for safe keeping for now. Anyone got any ideas on how to explain to your spouse the importance of installing a ramjet 502 instead of the carburated 402?

72CSTC5 04-17-2007 11:48 PM

Oh, that one is easy. Honey they quit making parts for carbureated engines. You know they only make fuel injection now for better gas mileage and clean air, honey.

PBFAB.COM 04-18-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72CSTC5 (Post 2132148)
Oh, that one is easy. Honey they quit making parts for carbureated engines. You know they only make fuel injection now for better gas mileage and clean air, honey.

Sounds like he's used that one before! :lol:

Don't tell your wife... surprise her!

SCOTI 04-18-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porterbuilt (Post 2132184)
.....Don't tell your wife... surprise her!

EXACTLY...... Surely you have an anniversary or some other 'special occasion' coming up? All guys know how women love to get gifts on special occasions right? Heck, that's one of the best things about women.... they always like getting suprise gifts!

>Disclaimer: I was only married for 1yr before she bolted :rolleyes:

72CSTC5 04-18-2007 12:44 AM

Just tell her you have something really "BIG" for her.:)

72 Cheyenne402 04-18-2007 01:03 AM

You guys keep me motivated and I am still collecting parts

Film Guy 04-18-2007 11:30 PM

Oh, you guys are too much. :lol: I'm working on the 502 thing. I bring it up every chance I get. She knows! It's no surprise. She says I should wait. I have been waiting my whole life. I'm ready.
I got some issues with the bed floor. I need to make some bigger tubs for the wide tires. No big deal, I got 2 o.e.m. sets. Cut them up make 2 big ones. But I got the notch sticking up. I am using a wood floor. Should I just build another floor 3" higher. I have 2 sets of the cross sills. I could make a spacer and stack another floor on top. This will make my big tubs very close to the top of the bed. Any one run into this before? Got pics?

72CSTC5 04-18-2007 11:36 PM

Wow, would like to see that. A modified wood floor to cover a notch.

Film Guy 04-18-2007 11:45 PM

I will post pics of the progress.

randomhero472 04-18-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Film Guy (Post 2134054)

Do it, do it

blaznhot_23 06-07-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Film Guy (Post 2134054)

bump for update???

72BlckButy 06-07-2007 01:58 PM

Can't wait to see those pics...

Simonstrucker 06-07-2007 03:42 PM

What is the back spacing on your wheels and what is the clearence for the tires from the fender and bed side thanks.

MisterE72 06-07-2007 04:54 PM

If I had the know how (and the money) I'd do my suspension like yours. Killer work. Can't wait to see it in the sun catching some rays.

Film Guy 07-16-2007 10:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's an update. I have been working on the bed floor. Its wood. I cut my other one up to accommodate the big KP Components notch. I didn't like the look of the wood floor with the big notch sticking up. So I ordered another wood floor from Mar-k. Side note; the people @ mar-k are awesome. Not only do the carry some of the best products, they are good to deal with. A real class act! Got the wood and coated with 4 coats of sealer. Sanding between each coat. I also had to order new strips. Instead of the stainless steel that I cut up, I ordered the powder coated black. Just as a switch. The floor had to be raised a few inches so I put another set of cross sills on top of 2.5"X2.5" square tubing. Which I mounted on top of the original cross sills. Sounds complicated but it's not. I also found some original bed sides from a SWB that I had dipped @ Metal Rehab (another class act). Found a NOS tailgate. How lucky is that? Thanks to 72highlander from the forum. I finally bolted it all together last week end and rolled it out of the garage for some sunshine. Here are a few pics

ostncoln 07-16-2007 10:17 PM

:jdp: truck is looking awesome. i reall ylike what you are doing with the bed

randomhero472 07-16-2007 10:23 PM

thats looking sooooo good film guy!!! My question is what are you going to do w/the end.. where the gap is? im considering raising my floor 1" or so to clear the pumpkin on the rear in (bolt in c-notch) and think raising the floor would be the best/cleanest way to do it.. looks awesome man, perfect wheels for the truck!!!!!

Film Guy 07-16-2007 10:28 PM

I am currently looking for someone with a long sheet metal break, I will fab a filler panel to cover it. Something that looks like it came from the factory.

pat 07-16-2007 10:34 PM

:metal: :metal: :metal:

gringoloco 07-16-2007 10:43 PM

Sex!

randomhero472 07-16-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Film Guy (Post 2266470)
I am currently looking for someone with a long sheet metal break, I will fab a filler panel to cover it. Something that looks like it came from the factory.

you wanna make 2 of em:(

n2billet 07-16-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Film Guy (Post 2266470)

Also roll some beads in the cover to look like the inner bed sides :rolleyes:

SCOTI 07-16-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Film Guy (Post 2266435)
I cut my other one up to accommodate the big KP Components notch. I didn't like the look of the wood floor with the big notch sticking up. So I ordered another wood floor from Mar-k.... The floor had to be raised a few inches so I put another set of cross sills on top of 2.5"X2.5" square tubing. Which I mounted on top of the original cross sills. Sounds complicated but it's not.

Let me make sure I'm understanding your sequence of events:

You mounted the bedsides to an original wood floor like the factory would.
You mounted original floor to frame like the factory would.
You then cut original floor for clearance where required.
You decided the big hole in the middle of the floor wasn't your cup o' tea.
You cross stacked some 2.5 x 2.5" tubing on top of the remaining part of the original floor.
Then you installed new 'wood floor' cross sills & a 'second' wood floor on top of the 2.5" sq tubing.

Yes..... no . . . .... close?