The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   truck i bought off "junkyardjohn" almost done (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=232108)

TRUCKER-TRUCKIN' 03-26-2007 05:23 AM

Re: truck i bought off "junkyardjohn" almost done

OMG!!!! Thats frigin unreal, dude thats awesome, is there any houses in your hood for sale? I'll make a great neighbor i promise..........

chevy_632 04-05-2007 10:33 PM

5 Attachment(s)
hey guys did a little more work to the engine this week and finished the turbo 400,powder coated all the ducting and such. putting both in this weekend, also some pics of what were doin out in the shop at home right now cause some guys have asked..the 70 fastback mustang is a complete car build we built a mini tub rear with 4 bar,a 514 cube ford crate,335/18 rear along with everything else ya see full stock interior march pully kit etc.the other one is unfortianitly a ford aswell hahah its a 07 mustang body with a 400 cube twin turbo small block ford dynoed at 2400 horse with 1700 ft lbs,25-1 molly chassis cert for promod fastest street car racing,last but not least the 90 gmc is my next project once the 68 is complete i have owned it for 6 years since i was 16 gonna fully tub it,with 4 bar already installed a ramjet 350 with hot cam and fastburn heads simply a mild prostreet driver truck,will do a build post in the proper forum on it,also gona build some tubular rear trailing arms this weekend for our 67-72s out of crome molly if they turn out good i will take some pics so i can throw some sets together for some of you guys in the future if anyones interested, neways check the stuff out and let me know what ya think..thanks rob

Rdrdave 04-05-2007 11:56 PM

Nice injected blown one you got there in the background. Sweet collection really love the split window!

smbrouss70 04-06-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy_632 (Post 2111477)
...last but not least the 90 gmc is my next project once the 68 is complete i have owned it for 6 years since i was 16...

You mean to tell me you're doing all this stuff and you're only 22? Good job man, can't wait to see the quality stuff you're doing when you get a little experience under your belt!:lol:

chevy_632 04-06-2007 12:39 PM

haha yeah im 22..dad is a mechanic and my brother builds drag cars for a living so it runs in the family i guess.building the trailing arms right now il post some pics and let u guys know how they turn out in a bit.rob

chevy_632 04-17-2007 11:56 PM

hey guys i havnt been on in a bit.was down at the portland swap meet..gonna post some pics tomorrow i installed all the crome on the truck along with the grill headlight vent windows bumpers and etc.. mounting the fuel cell under the bed this week and dropping in the motor and tranny probably saturday.for those who wanted to see the hidden ignition i will try and snap some of that aswell..rob

chevy_632 04-17-2007 11:59 PM

oh and for smbrouss70 the latest pics of the projects in the second garage arnt mine only the burgandy step side i posted as my next project is..

CHYNSPR 04-18-2007 12:01 AM

I would be interested in the trailing arms, do you have a set done yet?

MisterE72 04-18-2007 12:38 AM

Black is the most beautiful color when its done right. Yours is a perfect example of how black should look. Congrats.

MisterE72 04-18-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71chevylowrider (Post 2084904)
I couldn't get your truck out of my mind, I had to go buy one like it.

I have one just like yours in my classroom. One of my kids broke my mirror off too. Hot damn.:rolleyes:

GREASEMONKEY72 04-18-2007 01:20 AM

damn that thing is beautiful, cant wait to see more of it

pat 04-18-2007 01:28 AM

Might be my new favorite truck. Im the same age and cant even finish one project:whine:

fatboys69 04-18-2007 10:47 AM

That is BEAUTIFULLY SWEET !!!!! Any info on the suspension set up and tire/wheel info. I like your stance and am going for the same affect, but I don't want to use airbags. Any info is greatly appreciated !!!!

chevy_632 04-18-2007 03:26 PM

sure thing..it does sit on bags the front has 2.5 inch drop spindles the rear sitting on the frame in those pictures without the c notch yet..it now sits about 2 inches lower in the rear and the before pictures are close to ride height.the tires are 245/40/18's front and 295/45/20 rear with 18x8 up front and 20x10 rear torque thrusts..hope that helps wilkl have some more pics little later tonight..rob

va_tlc 04-18-2007 04:02 PM

man ole man..... now thats a fleet right there all nice, id be drooling all day at those

fatboys69 04-18-2007 07:31 PM

Thanks for the info, I am trying to establish that stance without the bags and still be able to drive it. Super NICE TRUCK !!!

chevy_632 04-18-2007 10:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics i took tonight guys..i was playin around with the air ride a bit to..kinda proud tonight cause its finally looking like a truck with the chrome and stuff on after all this time..hope ya like...rob

chevy_632 04-18-2007 10:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more pics,i will have some more by this weekend for i plan on putting the motor and tranny in and i will also make a video of the fire up!!...rob

72CSTC5 04-18-2007 11:04 PM

Damn dude that is SIC!! Love your truck. What mod did you do to fit the rear wheels in there.

SactoJim 04-19-2007 12:40 AM

That truck is just flat ass beautiful!

If there was a Noble Prize for pulling off the perfect look.....you just won it.

chevy_632 04-19-2007 10:28 AM

thanks guys...for the rear wheels to fit with that offset when i put the 9 inch in it we narrowed it about 5 inches to compensate for the deep dish.its a 3inch backspacing on a 10 inch wheels!!

CHYNSPR 04-19-2007 10:38 AM

That is drop dead gorgeous! My '72 Cheyenne will be similar, and if it is half as nice I will be pleased! I am in Kelowna once in a while (have some close friends there) and would love to see this in person. I will pm you when I am heading that way this spring or summer and see if you are available.

Are you still building trailing arms? If so I would be interested.

Thanks!

HuggerCST 04-19-2007 10:44 AM

Man, that truck is nice. That thing would stand out in a field of show trucks.

Shock_Me 04-19-2007 10:49 AM

My Gawd dude! You're truck just became my new desktop background! Outstanding job, keep the pics coming.

Pete

chevy_632 04-19-2007 10:55 AM

thanks again for the compliments guys CHYNSPR pm me il give you my number if ya shoot into kelowna will go for a criuse in her..tryin to have it done for a big car show here in may long weekend so anytime after that would be kool. as for the trailing arms im gonna make some sets but only sell them to board members on here for i dont want to mass produce these things haha.i think the ones for mine with bushings ended up costing about $150 - $200 bucks so thats all im goin to ask not here to make money and if i can make them for you guys at the same quality for cheaper then the big retailers why not right !!!thanks again guys..rob