The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=505869)

PAWS 72 01-28-2012 09:31 PM

Re: How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 (Post 5151903)
Name says it all. I bought my CST/20 new in 1969. Yes, I am that old!!!!

man you are old. just joking

my dob-5-1963 and proud of it.

PAWS 72 01-28-2012 09:38 PM

Re: How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeAnna (Post 5151747)
It's where I live most of the time.. this is a pic off the back deck this evening

beautiful view. would love to have it.

1972RedNeck 01-28-2012 09:38 PM

Mines a '72 and it used to be my redneck rig (until I got my ford).

flashed 01-28-2012 09:40 PM

My screen name is one I use on all the sites I am a member of but I took that name from my wife's 72 Malibu convertible.She named the car Flash as Top Down /Topless .She has named all our classic cars as follows.
72El Camino Flame Orange Metalic (Orange Blossom Special) or Blossom
81 Trans Am Red w/Gold Eagle (Freebird)
55 bel air 2 dr hardtop Midnight Blue Metalic (Old Blue)For Sale
72 Chevy Short Fleet Truck Medium Red/Faded to Orange/Rust (Faded Glory)
68 Malibu 327 Silver (Silver Bullet) Sold that one to restore the truck above

bigguy69 01-28-2012 10:02 PM

My friends call me bigguy. The name has kind of stuck. My first truck was a 69.
Posted via Mobile Device

FirstOwner69 01-28-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAWS 72 (Post 5152065)
man you are old. just joking

my dob-5-1963 and proud of it.

No joke, I'm old... but I was darn young when I bought it.

mr48chev 01-28-2012 10:11 PM

Mine started out because I needed a Yahoo ID and my other ideas were already taken. From there it ended up being my id on several boards. It obviously relates to the truck that I have had most of the time since 1973 and is part of the family. I could have just as well been Dave46 or Chopt48 on here as I'm known in some places by those handles.

KrazyRay 01-28-2012 10:24 PM

Mine is derived from what I did to a bunch of cars that I briefly owned...Olds Delta88, Buick Elecrta 225, Pontiac Bonneville, Ford Pinto Wagon, Cadillac El Dorado, Mercury Marquis Wagon, Ford Country Squire Wagon, Chevy Monte Carlo, Dodge Monaco, 84 Chevy K20 (that one was trailer races, but still brutal)

orangek5 01-28-2012 11:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My name came from my parents 1972 Hugger Orange k5 Blazer. Here are some poor quality images from 1976ish @ Little Sahara State Park Waynoka, OK (where the addiction began)
Attachment 863458

Attachment 863459

Attachment 863460

Attachment 863461

rsmarr1982 01-28-2012 11:53 PM

i just used my ebay id!

Newtz67 01-29-2012 12:11 AM

Names Newt, gots me a '67...:smoke:

mud.man.rj 01-29-2012 12:33 AM

Mine is my truck plate # which is Mudman because I mudrace trucks and I am the man who fixs all my buddy's race trucks, so Mudman and my initials rj, fist and second for Rick John, I love mud like some like sand. Snow is way cooler to clean off though, haha.

drewskiren 01-29-2012 12:54 AM

Drewskiren: Drewski from college days, ren is part of my last name Renshaw. Drew Renshaw to be clear.

sir_talk_alot 01-29-2012 01:34 AM

easy one for me.. sir talk alot- says it all, my truck-extra loud, cut off pipes-reason why? i like to here myself..

jbclassix 01-29-2012 02:42 AM

jb are my initials, classix cuz I'm addicted to old stuff and the x makes it different. JBClassix will be my business name if I ever get that far.

DaBigKahuna 01-29-2012 02:45 AM

Grew up close to the beach, love the '60s beach movies and surf music. That plus I'm 6 ft and 350 lbs. At some point I picked up the nickname from some friends in my 20s and it stuck.

RustyBucket 01-29-2012 10:05 AM

There used to be a discussion forum on KaleCoAuto.com, back in '03-'04 that was FUNNY and FUN. The posts were car related but silly stuff.... Cross drilled brake lines, replacement wire smoke, blinker fluid, elbow grease, butt dyno... the site with the silly products is still there but the discussion forum just closed up and disappeared one day. I was a registered user on the forum with the screen name HUGH JARSE, 'cause I'm pretty big n' fat. Wish I could find some of the old threads, pretty FUNNY and well written.

Liz 01-29-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 5150676)
LIZ gave me tis idea on fb so I thought we would give it a try here. How does you board name connect you to your truck? But maybe it doesn't?

My board name is 70cst,
My truck is a 1970cst Enough said. :metal:

Cool idea... my original board name connected me to my x and our trucks.. switched to Liz as I wanted to be myself. That doesn't connect to anything truck wise.. well unless you count Panel Delands panel.. I don't have any of my old trucks(from old name).. but we still have the panel, jimmy, js 69 the blue thing in the yard ;) and the newer dd junk. (sorry j)

sean1969c10 01-29-2012 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is pretty obvious, My name is Sean and this is my 69 C10!

GASoline71 01-29-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turp mcspray (Post 5151457)
Turp Mcspray was a custom car painter, from a Krass and Bernie story, that was in a 1981 issue of the now defunct magazine, CARtoons. Anyone remember reading those?

Boy Howdy do I remember CARtoons!!! I have a whole bunch of them in a box in the attic. Some of them still have the "iron ons" in them. Remember those? Tear 'em out and iron them on an old white T-shirt? Iron them on a good T-shirt an piss off your mom! :lol: Right now, Car Craft is runnin' Krass and Bernie comics in their rag... :)

Anyhoo... my initials are G.A.S. So you can imagine the nicknames I had as a kid. "The Gasoline Kid" kinda stuck for awhile when i was a little twerp... and so GASoline seemed fitting for a user name. The "71" is the first drag car I had. A 1971 El Camino SS. Wish I had that one now... lol!

Cool thread! :metal:

Gary

Palf70Step 01-29-2012 10:40 AM

Palf--beginning of last name
70 step--the "Pieces" project

djl95 01-29-2012 10:55 AM

Mines my initials and the year i was born
Posted via Mobile Device

C10_ustacould 01-29-2012 11:01 AM

At the time I joined the board I had a Trailblazer SS and an HHR SS, but no c10. So it was the only thing I could think of, now I wish I could change it to Bucks70C10...

CrazyDave 01-29-2012 11:31 AM

My name has a little bit to do with my trucks but I got the name Crazy Dave from my 16 years of demolition derby cars
I was always the guy who would say hold my beer and watch this lol
Also I was the guy that would throw away a win in the demolition derby just to make the crowd ooh and ahh lol
Also I was the guy that had 5 67-72's sitting out back with a few square body's mixed in hence the name Crazy Dave
Now that I have bored you with this piece of usless info lol
Posted via Mobile Device

ryanroo 01-29-2012 12:08 PM

i was nicknamed roo almost at birth. my mother is responsible and really has no explaination. my sign in has always been ryanroo and sometimes 44 or 77 tacked to the end if ryanroo is taken. ryan is my given name

in college i signed up for my .edu email address against the recommendations of the authorities as ryanroo. one of my good friends picked up on it within the first week of school and i was forever tagged roo. my friend was nicknamed cowboy and when we left school many of our friends/acquaintances didn't know either of our real names.