The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Introduction and 2wd Blazer in progress (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=560385)

TexasChevy77 10-15-2013 05:58 PM

Re: Introduction and 2wd Blazer in progress

In an effort to promote the forums positive posting policy the Forum Staff has deleted this post. Please note that the Executive Administration does not allow any posts that are made specifically to bash, or those that digress to a negative level.

Devillusion 10-16-2013 01:26 AM

In an effort to promote the forums positive posting policy the Forum Staff has deleted this post. Please note that the Executive Administration does not allow any posts that are made specifically to bash, or those that digress to a negative level.

Low Elco 10-16-2013 08:25 AM

Wow. Um, I really like this Blazer! It's sure pretty! You musta did somethin right! Um, wow.

tip 10-16-2013 09:23 AM

Awesome Blazer! Don't even respond to dumbass comments like that. You are doing some amazing work, can't wait to see it done.

Watching this one!

gclark1 10-16-2013 08:58 PM

Ok, so glad we got that out of the way.

Tip, Devillusion, and Low Elco - THANKS!

Give me a couple of weekends to get my doors, top and tailgate sanded and buffed and I will post some pictures out in the AZ sun. Gonna look very shiney!

old Rusty C10 10-19-2013 09:49 AM

Ive cleaned up this thread. Lets not bash other people work or their taste in modifications. This is a family friendly site and a site that prides itself in keeping our trucks on the road and making them the pride and joy of each individual who owns one

Low Elco 10-24-2013 08:16 AM

Ok, I can't wait. Cough up some assembled pics! Are you taking it to Dino's party?

68Timber 10-24-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 6330630)
Ok, I can't wait. Cough up some assembled pics! Are you taking it to Dino's party?

x2. Love the color, looking forward to seeing this one come together.

meter swinger 10-26-2013 03:40 AM

Just read through your build. Love the paint man it looks awesome. Cant wait to see the rest.

Low Elco 11-04-2013 02:04 PM

Dude! What's up with the shiny shiny? You're killin' us ova here!

gclark1 11-04-2013 09:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't know much about Dino's party, but unless it is in about March, this Blazer will not be there. It is funny how you can have a goal for the weekend, but when it is just you in your little garage, it takes more time than you thought it would.

I got the doors, tailgate, and top all sanded and buffed and installed (not aligned though, just hanging). Took more time on the jambs and the inside of the doors to make them both as nice as the outside. Yes, that seems silly, but it sure shines!

Glad you guys are looking forward to pictures now. I just wish you could come help me put it together so I can drive it while the weather is so nice!

gclark1 11-04-2013 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
By the way - thanks to all for the encouraging comments. I really appreciate it!

lowrodderchev 11-04-2013 11:15 PM

Dam it looks sweet

lowrodderchev 11-04-2013 11:16 PM

Great job on the two tone on the doors

Low Elco 11-05-2013 09:13 AM

Dude, If I could I'd be there. It's coming out great!

DrppdBlazr 11-05-2013 11:53 PM

Looks awesome man. Can't wait to see it all together

<<<1983GMC>>> 11-15-2013 12:12 AM

Great work
Nice color combo

gclark1 11-15-2013 10:13 AM

Thanks again for the comments guys. I am to that point of the resto where everything I do takes a ton of time and I have very little to show for it. I am kind of just jumping around from place to place with no real direction at this time. I "hope" to get the side glass and vent windows installed this weekend.

67cheby 11-15-2013 10:59 AM

looking AMAZING !

Low Elco 11-15-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gclark1 (Post 6365478)
Thanks again for the comments guys. I am to that point of the resto where everything I do takes a ton of time and I have very little to show for it. I am kind of just jumping around from place to place with no real direction at this time. I "hope" to get the side glass and vent windows installed this weekend.

You get to feelin like that at this stage. Don't sweat it. Go to Wallyworld and get a big dry erase board. Hang it in the shop and sit and have a couple of beers. While enjoying them, write down EVERYTHING you can think of. Just all willy nilly. It's a fluid list, stuff'll come and go. It'll help you stay focused, and crossing stuff off it feels like progress when it looks like you havent done squat. It looks killer, can't wait to see it on the street!

lowrodderchev 11-15-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 6365565)
You get to feelin like that at this stage. Don't sweat it. Go to Wallyworld and get a big dry erase board. Hang it in the shop and sit and have a couple of beers. While enjoying them, write down EVERYTHING you can think of. Just all willy nilly. It's a fluid list, stuff'll come and go. It'll help you stay focused, and crossing stuff off it feels like progress when it looks like you havent done squat. It looks killer, can't wait to see it on the street!

totally agree with the above statement it works, I do it now on my 57 truck when I feel like I aint getting a thing done, between you, 67cheby and a few other guys your making me wanna ditch my 4 wheel suspension and slam my truck in the weeds

gclark1 11-18-2013 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey thanks for the advice about the white board. I will do that when I get down to a manageable list. I am quite sure they do not make a board as big as I would need at this stage, but I like the idea! I actually did get done what I wanted to this past weekend. Side glass in both doors, handles, mirrors, vents, trim, weatherstrip. I got to throw away a lot of packaging so I know I am making progress.

lowrodderchevy - thanks! Doing two-tone of the jambs was a ton of extra time and effort, but I am happy I did it. I was motivated to do it because you do not see many like that, so it makes it a bit more unique.

I am working hard on it. I get to spend somehwere between 10-15hrs per week on it. If you have done one of these before, you know it takes a long time...thanks for keeping the positive comments coming!

CamaroChris 11-19-2013 05:55 AM

Nice work! I hope mine looks half as good!

Low Elco 11-19-2013 02:07 PM

Looks solid!

gclark1 11-19-2013 11:53 PM

CamaroChris - anyone will tell you, the biggest thing it takes is patience.

"Be prepared to spend twice as much time as you think it will take, and three times as much money" someone once told me.

In my case, he underestimated both. But you know what, this is a whole lotta fun and I am enjoying the heck out of it.