The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Finally the journey from Michigan to Oregon is underway (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=643452)

dan42 09-22-2014 11:12 PM

Re: Finally the journey from Michigan to Oregon is underway

That Blazer is trying to hide back in that barn - cool pictures.

67ctener 09-22-2014 11:13 PM

Great pictures keep them comin

PDXk5 09-23-2014 12:54 AM

I hope you're a Duck or at least a Duck fan!

I look forward to meeting you some time when you are transplanted.

nobolt 09-23-2014 06:17 AM

maybe he's a Duck hunter? LOL

that Blazer looks sweet. did you stop?
I suppose if you stopped everywhere you wanted, you would still get to Junction City by Christmas.

Elliot949 09-23-2014 06:54 AM

Wow... looks like a great trip so far and sounds like you and your fiance' are having a great time... drive safe for your last 2 days... I am sending my dash cluster out today... so you should have it by Friday...

Dan

70shortfleet 09-23-2014 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TBONE1964 (Post 6853194)
More

Tom, really like like Blazer/ barn picture and the gas pump looks like mine!;)

TBONE1964 09-23-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobolt (Post 6853373)
maybe he's a Duck hunter? LOL

that Blazer looks sweet. did you stop?
I suppose if you stopped everywhere you wanted, you would still get to Junction City by Christmas.

Hi Dave,

As a new resident of Oregon,I am going with neutral on the Duck fan or Beaver fan. No preference ;)

We did stop but there was no one around and I did not want to get shot at getting to close. It did look nicer than the barn :lol::lol::lol:

Take care,
Tom

TBONE1964 09-23-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70shortfleet (Post 6853653)
Tom, really like like Blazer/ barn picture and the gas pump looks like mine!;)

Thanks Les, I was thinking about your gas pump when I took the photo. There were two of them side by side actually but neither had globes like yours.

I like the barn too. I have a collection of barn photos like this from all over the country. When they are down, they are done and not coming back. Someone needs to show our great grand children what these old barns looked like before they became camp fire wood.

Take care,
Tom

TBONE1964 09-23-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot949 (Post 6853385)
Wow... looks like a great trip so far and sounds like you and your fiance' are having a great time... drive safe for your last 2 days... I am sending my dash cluster out today... so you should have it by Friday...

Dan

Thank you Dan,

I/we appreciate it very much. I sent you a PM back. I will let you know when I have everything ready for your cluster.

Take care,
tom

TBONE1964 09-23-2014 10:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well here we are finally in Oregon and on the last night before getting to home in Junction City. Currently we are in Hood River Oregon staying at the Best Western right on the banks of the Columbia river. It is a beautiful place here. Actually the ride from Boise to here was very scenic and probably my favorite of the whole trip with the exception of Colorado.

Here are some pics. Not many trucks right near the highway but did see a few. I know from experience here in Oregon that the truck population will increase dramatically ;)

One more day on the road and we wrap this up and get to work. It has been an amazing experience and the old 72 ran perfectly the entire trip.

Thanks for all the kind words and support on this journey. The fun is just beginning.

Take care,
Tom

Hiluxxulih 09-23-2014 11:58 PM

Welcome to Oregon I live in Coos Bay .

BarryV 09-24-2014 08:20 AM

Just up the road in Corvallis ... and don't worry, it'll stop raining eventually!

imjeff 09-24-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryV (Post 6854578)
Just up the road in Corvallis ... and don't worry, it'll stop raining eventually!

Yeah, next July! Lol

TBONE1964 09-24-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjeff (Post 6854686)
Yeah, next July! Lol

I will think about this in January when it is 8* in Michigan and there is 14 inches of snow on the ground and they just salted the roads for the 10th time. I will remember what a 20 year old vehicle looks like there with rust up to the door handles. I will miss Michigan in many ways but not for its weather.

Bring on the rain ;)

Mindl3ss 09-24-2014 12:19 PM

Been a week or so since I've checked out the forums. Sorry I've missed this thread.

You probably drove right past me yesterday. I work right off I-84 just before you hit Pendleton. If you saw signs for the Arrowhead Truck Stop, I work right across the street from that place.

I like that box you've got over your truck bed too.

Have fun in Oregon, and be sure to check out Burgerville sometime. The furthest south you can get one is in Albany. Many of their restaurants host car cruise ins and post pictures of club cars on their walls. Not to mention the great burgers!

69SCSS 09-24-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBONE1964 (Post 6854715)
I will think about this in January when it is 8* in Michigan and there is 14 inches of snow on the ground and they just salted the roads for the 10th time. I will remember what a 20 year old vehicle looks like there with rust up to the door handles. I will miss Michigan in many ways but not for its weather.

Bring on the rain ;)

Everything but the rust and the salted roads (they use gravel out here) happens about every 5 years here, but I'm sure it's nothing like in Michigan. Usually lasts a few weeks and it's over. You'll probably barely notice it! :lol:

imjeff 09-25-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBONE1964 (Post 6854715)

Bring on the rain ;)

Having grown up in Montana and Wyoming I'm well aquainted with cold weather (minus the salt). You will see places out here paralyzed by the threat of snow and probably heavier winter clothing than Michigan. I remember getting a foot over night back home and school was delayed 30 minutes. It's a great climate. Rarely rains hard, but drizzles for extended periods of time. Still doesn't rain as much as it seems. Welcome.

Jeff

Ol Blue K20 09-25-2014 01:34 AM

Hey Tom, I'm glad you made the move and have almost made it to your new home. Good luck on your new venture. But make sure to get settled and make it home before you do the clusters.

TBONE1964 09-25-2014 11:30 AM

Hello all,

The journey is over and we are finally in Junction City, OR. I was a nice drive across the country and in some ways feels like it went by too fast. Now it is time to get to work and start getting the shop organized and start cluster builds for many of the customers waiting.

For those of you that don't know, I have spent a lot of time here in Oregon over the last 3 years and have seen many variations of the weather here. I was here last February when it was -6* and had 13 inches of snow and I have seen the damage left behind to the fur trees here. I have also been here in the heat of the summer when it has been in the mid 90's as well. Believe me when I say, it is much better in Oregon than Michigan in my opinion.

Again, I thank all of you for the well wishes, and we appreciate it very much.

Take care,
Tom

tommys72 09-25-2014 01:30 PM

Glad to hear you made it Tom! What was the final mileage total?

TBONE1964 09-25-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommys72 (Post 6856409)
Glad to hear you made it Tom! What was the final mileage total?

Thank you Tom. If I figured correctly it was 3,216 miles. We did not got the most direct way but had a great drive across the country. I was nice meeting you along the way.

Take care,
Tom

Elliot949 09-25-2014 02:37 PM

Tom . .. I am glad the eagle has landed in Oregan...my clusterm should be dropping in any day...

Spartan 09-25-2014 04:37 PM

Welcome to sunny Oregon.
Looking forward to meeting you someday.
Nim

blackhooter 09-25-2014 05:09 PM

Welcome to Oregon! BTW Hwy 26 is a great cruz, not that your going to want to roadtrip for a while! :lol:

TBONE1964 09-25-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan (Post 6856579)
Welcome to sunny Oregon.
Looking forward to meeting you someday.
Nim

Absolutely, if you are ever in the Junction City area, give me a shout.