The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project "Redemption" 68 SWB Fleetside (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=694029)

preacher anthony 02-06-2016 08:23 PM

Re: Project "Redemption" 68 SWB Fleetside

I'm in!

jeh 02-07-2016 12:05 AM

Heck yeah, I like that cab lifter!!!

Rochlow 02-07-2016 04:31 PM

Nice to see you back in the saddle, Keith. I'll keep my eye on this one.

Bennett68C10 02-07-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preacher anthony (Post 7476290)
I'm in!

Glad to have you along for the ride!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeh (Post 7476621)
Heck yeah, I like that cab lifter!!!

For $180 shipped it was well worth it! Made pulling the cab a piece of cake! Plus you can use it to lift a bed too! It handles up to 1500lbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochlow (Post 7477299)
Nice to see you back in the saddle, Keith. I'll keep my eye on this one.

Thanks buddy, hopefully this build doesn't take half as long as my last one did :lol: What's going on with your truck, saw on Facebook you were selling it.

Bennett68C10 02-07-2016 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't have much time to work on the truck today with it being Super Bowl Sunday and all but I did manage to get the front suspension out!

Rochlow 02-07-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 (Post 7477318)

Thanks buddy, hopefully this build doesn't take half as long as my last one did :lol: What's going on with your truck, saw on Facebook you were selling it.

I put it on the swap meet. But no one will pay my asking. So I will just keep it. It's pretty much done with the exception of a few things..

Bhelton 02-07-2016 07:05 PM

I'll be watching Keith, divorces suck for sure and I personally know what youve gone through recently.
Glad your back and looking forward to this build! 👍🏼

mcbassin 02-08-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 (Post 7477320)
Didn't have much time to work on the truck today with it being Super Bowl Sunday and all but I did manage to get the front suspension out!

Nice progress Keith!

Bennett68C10 02-08-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochlow (Post 7477351)
I put it on the swap meet. But no one will pay my asking. So I will just keep it. It's pretty much done with the exception of a few things..

Sounds like a win/win to me. If somebody pays your asking price you would probably be pretty happy with that and if not, you get to drive it and enjoy it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhelton (Post 7477446)
I'll be watching Keith, divorces suck for sure and I personally know what youve gone through recently.
Glad your back and looking forward to this build! ����

Thanks, I didn't realize a year ago how much my life would change in such a short amount of time but it did and I feel like everything happens for a reason. So now I'm on 68 #2 and happy to be working on it :chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbassin (Post 7478044)
Nice progress Keith!

Thanks Mike, Hoping to get the front suspension and brakes installed this weekend.

aggie91 02-08-2016 12:01 PM

nice progress. I wish you were not so far away from me, I would take that 6cyl and trans off your hands. I am thinking of putting my '65 back to a 6cyl like it was when I got it from my grandfather...

Bennett68C10 02-09-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 7478243)
nice progress. I wish you were not so far away from me, I would take that 6cyl and trans off your hands. I am thinking of putting my '65 back to a 6cyl like it was when I got it from my grandfather...

I would've definitely let you have it, its taking up much needed space in my garage right now :lol: I need to get rid of that and the front suspension to free up some room.

mcbassin 02-09-2016 09:24 AM

Darn page flip.... I missed your wheels and cab removal.
Very nice looking wheels. I think they will fit perfect with you theme for the truck.
Definitely dig the cab removal tool. Excellent investment. Keep it up Keith.

CC69Rat 02-09-2016 09:30 AM

Looking great my friend ! You're not wasting any time huh ? :metal:

I am hoping mine will be finished for GoodGuys Nashville in May.

88Stanger 02-09-2016 04:55 PM

Sorry to hear about your big "D", been through one of those and they suck. With that said, DAMN, nice start to a new truck!! Love the motor!! with a red motor like that, I would go flat black outside, just my thoughts. But with the rims, I would go with a flat grey. Cannot wait to see more progress.

sduckworth13 02-09-2016 05:29 PM

Keith, you've got some nice parts! My head is spinning looking at all that bling :) You deserve it buddy.

Bennett68C10 02-10-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbassin (Post 7479465)
Darn page flip.... I missed your wheels and cab removal.
Very nice looking wheels. I think they will fit perfect with you theme for the truck.
Definitely dig the cab removal tool. Excellent investment. Keep it up Keith.

Thanks Mike, I can't wait to get the chassis done and the wheels on to see how it looks. I'm definitely a big fan of the gray centers. The cab removal tool made life really easy, definitely worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 7479482)
Looking great my friend ! You're not wasting any time huh ? :metal:

I am hoping mine will be finished for GoodGuys Nashville in May.

:lol: I feel like I'm not moving fast enough. I definitely have a chip on my shoulder and something to prove with this truck after not being able to finish the last one. How's the rest of the paint coming on yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Stanger (Post 7479995)
Sorry to hear about your big "D", been through one of those and they suck. With that said, DAMN, nice start to a new truck!! Love the motor!! with a red motor like that, I would go flat black outside, just my thoughts. But with the rims, I would go with a flat grey. Cannot wait to see more progress.

Thanks, right now I'm thinking either satin white or satin black for the exterior with the red interior. Some day when I decide to actually paint the exterior it will definitely be Red :metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sduckworth13 (Post 7480037)
Keith, you've got some nice parts! My head is spinning looking at all that bling :) You deserve it buddy.

Thanks Scott, I have a lot more parts on order that I'm waiting to come in. My Porterbuilt rear and inner frame stiffener isn't scheduled to be here until April. But we all know it is definitely worth the wait.

ironadict 02-12-2016 01:50 AM

Nice. I'm looking to do the cb dm soon so I'll be looking forward to seeing this come together. I like the plan

timmytimm3 02-12-2016 10:33 AM

I'm in for round two! I know what it's like to wait on PB parts, but well worth the wait like you said.

My front dropmember was a one-off C4 version they did as a favor. It took a long time.

Keep the pics coming :metal:

sperger72 02-12-2016 11:22 AM

Keith
Good luck on the build. Glad you are here. I am building a 67 stepside.

slowcpe 02-15-2016 12:29 PM

Nice progress. I may have to purchase one of those cab lifts myself.

jeh 02-15-2016 12:42 PM

Any weekend updates???

Bennett68C10 02-15-2016 09:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironadict (Post 7483125)
Nice. I'm looking to do the cb dm soon so I'll be looking forward to seeing this come together. I like the plan

I have most of it together right now. It installed as expected, no real surprises. You'll definitely like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytimm3 (Post 7483337)
I'm in for round two! I know what it's like to wait on PB parts, but well worth the wait like you said.

My front dropmember was a one-off C4 version they did as a favor. It took a long time.

Keep the pics coming :metal:

Yeah it is definitely worth it, I probably have another 6 weeks before my rear kit comes in. I have plenty to do while I wait :chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperger72 (Post 7483387)
Keith
Good luck on the build. Glad you are here. I am building a 67 stepside.

Thanks for following along and good luck with your 67.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowcpe (Post 7486838)
Nice progress. I may have to purchase one of those cab lifts myself.

I highly recommend it, makes lifting the cab a one person job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeh (Post 7486853)
Any weekend updates???

Yeah, I got the transmission cross member out (reminded me how much rivets suck) bolted in the choppin block front cross member, squared it up with the frame and installed the rack mount and control arms.

Bennett68C10 02-15-2016 10:06 PM

I also took advantage of the tax time sale Laid Back Recreations is currently having and ordered the Wilwood 13" 4 piston rear brake kit. Saved quite a bit over what Summit was charging for it. I highly suggest checking with them if anybody is looking for some parts :metal:

jeh 02-15-2016 10:16 PM

That's looking real nice Kieth, if you run out of room for all those goodies you can send them my way;)

slowcpe 02-21-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 (Post 7487609)
I also took advantage of the tax time sale Laid Back Recreations is currently having and ordered the Wilwood 13" 4 piston rear brake kit. Saved quite a bit over what Summit was charging for it. I highly suggest checking with them if anybody is looking for some parts :metal:

I didn't need to see this. I really need to order my front brakes but I'm not done spending money on my sxs :lol: