The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=554445)

Tx Firefighter 07-09-2014 01:05 PM

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

They're Kruisin Aluminum base powder with NIC Clear Vision topcoat.

77K10Silverado 07-09-2014 01:07 PM

Thanks, they look great!! Nice thread btw.

Tx Firefighter 07-09-2014 01:08 PM

I wanted to mention about that 72, that is not faked. That's true original paint on that truck. When I sold it to him it was lowered on Rally's with a flat hood. He did the cowl hood and faked the paint on it to match the original worn out paint on the rest of the truck. I sold it to him in 2000 and he's kept it pampered ever since. I can guarantee you, no amount of money would buy that truck from him. His wife would divorce him if he sold it.

Hankster 07-09-2014 11:07 PM

Kinda sad that you sold it! Glad its going to a good home. I would like to see updates on it too. I also LOVE that Cheyenne,

Tx Firefighter 07-09-2014 11:11 PM

I think he said it was a 48 Ford 1.5 ton cab and clip he was going to put on the chassis.

kevinr1970 08-06-2014 03:35 PM

After reading this far, it is sort of sad that you sold your dually, but if it helps you push something else forward, then so be it!

I seem to remember that this blue ccsb started as a 4x4?
The pictures of it were the ones that convinced me that it was a good idea!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter (Post 6753439)
He's not too much of a computer guy as far as I know.

I will say, this is the last truck he built. This was back before everyone was building CCSB trucks too.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...owleftview.jpg

SCOTI 08-07-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter (Post 6334950)
Yes. 235/85-16. They're 340 dollars delivered per pair. I bought them in two batches so far. Every time I get 350 dollars truck money I buy another pair.

Curious.... Where did you get the tires for that price?

Tx Firefighter 08-07-2014 07:36 PM

Got them from Summit.

Tx Firefighter 08-07-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinr1970 (Post 6790957)
After reading this far, it is sort of sad that you sold your dually, but if it helps you push something else forward, then so be it!

I seem to remember that this blue ccsb started as a 4x4?
The pictures of it were the ones that convinced me that it was a good idea!

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...owleftview.jpg

You are correct. The crew cab donor was 2wd. He converted it to 4wd when he built the truck. Then after driving it awhile he pulled it back apart and converted it to 2wd again.

GCncsuHD 08-08-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 6792723)
Curious.... Where did you get the tires for that price?

Just a little FYI, Discount Tire and Ebay have a sale going on their Ebay store right now, spend $400 get $100 off. Doesn't have to be on a full set, and the coupon can be used 3 times per user. I just bought new tires for my truck, they were $375 a piece :waah: threw in a random pair of gloves that DTD had listed to get to $400 and got $100 off on each one. (Used my wife's account for the 4th).

95stepside 12-07-2014 12:11 AM

So, I remember that someone was giving you **** about the alcoas on here, and that it had something to do with the movie urban cowboy. Just happened across it on Netflix, and watched it. Not a single truck on alcoas, what gives?

SCOTI 12-07-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95stepside (Post 6947439)
So, I remember that someone was giving you **** about the alcoas on here, and that it had something to do with the movie urban cowboy. Just happened across it on Netflix, and watched it. Not a single truck on alcoas, what gives?

That guy dishing the grief was me. It's light hearted banter between 2 buddies.

95stepside 12-08-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 6947904)
That guy dishing the grief was me. It's light hearted banter between 2 buddies.

I get that, but it surprised me that there were no trucks on alcoas to prompt the reference

Tx Firefighter 12-08-2014 09:37 PM

The Urban Cowboy deal makes sense to folks in the area where Scot and I live. Dual CB antennas, chrome mudflap girls, dual chrome echo tip exhaust, bumper stickers, it's just a look that aspiring cowboys emulate. Rather than make their trucks look cleaner by slicking them up, guys add stuff from truck stop chrome shops and similar places.

SCOTI 12-08-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter (Post 6950013)
The Urban Cowboy deal makes sense to folks in the area where Scot and I live. Dual CB antennas, chrome mudflap girls, dual chrome echo tip exhaust, bumper stickers, it's just a look that aspiring cowboys emulate. Rather than make their trucks look cleaner by slicking them up, guys add stuff from truck stop chrome shops and similar places.

Exactly.....

Stoney 12-09-2014 11:07 AM

I like the chrome mud flap girls.

farmall 12-10-2014 02:13 AM

I like stainless zoomies and an I love Shiner bumper sticker:barn:

yfs200p 01-11-2016 02:51 PM

Kevin, I remember seeing your posts on this board over the years but I don't think i ever checked out your builds. I just stumbled on this one because I have a line on an 86 c30 Flatbed (159.5" WB) that I am considering buying and doing a quick freshen up on. Your dually is exactly how i would want it to turn out- not flashy or over the top, just nice and clean.

I took the time to go through this entire thread and at the end I got the feeling like when the star of the movie ends up dead in the last 5 minutes. I can't believe you sold it!

Anyway, i really admire your attention to detail, and when I restore another one I'm going to use a tactic like yours instead of my usual "tidy that up later" approach.

Stay safe out there!