The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SPID Picture thread? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=282003)

Canuckvetter 09-10-2020 12:38 PM

Re: SPID Picture thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8806009)
What are J63 "Front and rear shields"?

Dust/dirt brake shields for the brutal Alberta roads lol.

Steeveedee 09-10-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckvetter (Post 8806077)
Dust/dirt brake shields for the brutal Alberta roads lol.

I've spent most of my life in California, so I would bet I've never seen them, though I did live in Idaho for a little over a year, working at a truck and tractor repair shop. If they block water from splashing on the (drum) brakes, they'd be really welcome anywhere that it rains.

BigDwa 09-21-2020 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am trying to identify the paint color based on the SPID. The problem is there is a partial tear in the SPID where the paint color is called out. What is there is xx24GB Turquosie Custom CL. Currently the truck has been repainted and is white on the cab top, turquoise with a white body stripe between the upper and lower moldings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David A

rrbaker15 09-21-2020 08:31 PM

Bought 1972 C15 last month as a father/son project, no SPID found so how do we find original options that came from factory for our C15?

Steeveedee 09-21-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDwa (Post 8811626)
I am trying to identify the paint color based on the SPID. The problem is there is a partial tear in the SPID where the paint color is called out. What is there is xx24GB Turquosie Custom CL. Currently the truck has been repainted and is white on the cab top, turquoise with a white body stripe between the upper and lower moldings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David A

The paint color is to the left of that code (536 White/Turquoise). xx24GB is the upholstery- Turquoise Custom CLoth.

BigDwa 09-21-2020 09:00 PM

Appreciate the reply. Now I need to find a picture of a torquoise seat/upholstery.

jocko 09-21-2020 09:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic o '69 536 paint truck David. Also, this is what your seat would look like (in a turquoise poly truck as well). Note that the vinyl is two-tone with a darker vinyl shade along the sides and front of the seat that roughly matches the door panels and dash pad.

IronCanine 09-21-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrbaker15 (Post 8811631)
Bought 1972 C15 last month as a father/son project, no SPID found so how do we find original that came from factory for our C15?

There are no manufacturer archives that you can access nor a "Marty Report" to send off for for these trucks. If the SPID is gone, you can check behind the seat for a build sheet (sometimes present in the springs). Barring that, or other dealership documentation that may have come with the truck...the truck is the only record you have. Basic information can be gleaned from the VIN.

Here's a great site for decoding that: http://outintheshop.com/2.html

If you have any other questions, you can post them in a thread (preferably with pics) and someone on here will be glad to help out. We are all suckers for father/son projects.

BigDwa 09-21-2020 09:14 PM

Thanks for the reply and the pictures Jocko.

rrbaker15 09-22-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronCanine (Post 8811669)
There are no manufacturer archives that you can access nor a "Marty Report" to send off for for these trucks. If the SPID is gone, you can check behind the seat for a build sheet (sometimes present in the springs). Barring that, or other dealership documentation that may have come with the truck...the truck is the only record you have. Basic information can be gleaned from the VIN.

Here's a great site for decoding that: http://outintheshop.com/2.html

If you have any other questions, you can post them in a thread (preferably with pics) and someone on here will be glad to help out. We are all suckers for father/son projects.

Thanks IronCanine - I have no other information than the VIN as the previous owner replaced the bench seat from other truck.

OliveK5 10-21-2020 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of the SPID for my 70

OliveK5 10-21-2020 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of my 70 Blazer.

Sorry about the sideways pic above - can someone explain how to prevent that?

OliveK5 10-21-2020 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And now I'll try again, but make the SPID more readable

Beach-Burban 10-21-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OliveK5 (Post 8825223)
Here's a pic of my 70 Blazer.

Sorry about the sideways pic above - can someone explain how to prevent that?

Something I learned from a member here: IPhones are usually what causes the wrong orientation, however, if you rotate the photo where ever you save them...then transfer that photo to a different album/file, and then use the photo from the new location to upload to your post. It has worked for me...hopefully for you as well! I just made a file that is labeled "posts" then when I have a photo I want to post here, I rotate, transfer then upload...extra step, yes...but worth it!

Woody

Madkidd007 10-21-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach-Burban (Post 8825243)
Something I learned from a member here: IPhones are usually what causes the wrong orientation, however, if you rotate the photo where ever you save them...then transfer that photo to a different album/file, and then use the photo from the new location to upload to your post. It has worked for me...hopefully for you as well! I just made a file that is labeled "posts" then when I have a photo I want to post here, I rotate, transfer then upload...extra step, yes...but worth it!

Woody

Easier way is just rotate your phone with the bottom of the phone to the right and screenshot it.

Beach-Burban 10-21-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madkidd007 (Post 8825270)
Easier way is just rotate your phone with the bottom of the phone to the right and screenshot it.

Thanks Madkidd007...that probably is easier...maybe OliveK5 will be able to take advantage of your suggestion. My problem is probably my age...in that I don't command technology too well. My wife forced me to get a IPhone when I retired...never had one while employed which kind of pissed-off my superiors as they couldn't get ahold of me when ever they wanted! Also, my wife showed me how to "screenshot" but I never remember no matter how many times she shows me...plus...my phone pictures no longer rotate when I rotate my phone...they used to, but something must have changed on my phone? Like I mentioned...another member helped me with regards to this issue...and I appreciate you and everyone else that offers assistance with our projects.

Woody

Canuckvetter 10-21-2020 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I copied this from an ad for a 67 4x4 frame for sale. Oshawa built K10 nicely optioned.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...1&d=1603325557

Steeveedee 10-21-2020 10:01 PM

Any picture I take, I open in MSPaint and crop out the bits that I don't want to appear online. When I save it, it seems like all that formatting stuff is scrubbed off and they always appear in the correct orientation. Took me awhile to figure that out, though. This also usually removes the geocaching information, which I didn't know about, before. That information tells where the picture was taken.

Getter-Done 10-21-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8825515)
Any picture I take, I open in MSPaint and crop out the bits that I don't want to appear online. When I save it, it seems like all that formatting stuff is scrubbed off and they always appear in the correct orientation. Took me awhile to figure that out, though. This also usually removes the geocaching information, which I didn't know about, before. That information tells where the picture was taken.

Very good info:metal:
This My pattern also:ito:

stomper 10-27-2020 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What's the default interior color on a 69? My SPID doesn't list one?

Chevys4life 10-27-2020 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My 1970 C20 Custom Camper

402Bowtie 12-19-2020 12:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thought this was an interesting spid...

402Bowtie 12-26-2020 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another interesting one. I didn't think this was even possible... This is a 4x4 truck, so does that mean this is a reproduced spid since locking hubs aren't listed? I also thought at least exterior and interior colors were listed.

Ol Blue K20 12-26-2020 07:14 AM

Locking hubs are an option. This truck would have had splines flange that bolted on. The paint and interior....no clue.

weim55 12-26-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 402Bowtie (Post 8854750)
Another interesting one. I didn't think this was even possible... This is a 4x4 truck, so does that mean this is a reproduced spid since locking hubs aren't listed? I also thought at least exterior and interior colors were listed.

Wow, now that’s a first!

Steve weim55 Colorado