The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

special-K 10-11-2020 11:11 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 8821013)
Just ran across these.

I live that Fatcab GMC. never seen it's engine before. Just wow! Where did you catch that beauty, antique truck show? I've seen videos of it running down the road. That is one fantastic truck
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8821097)
On my way to my moms . This is on route 52 overlooking Ellenville the valley is in an inversion warm on the mountain cool in the valley.

Looks like you could walk across that fog

yuccales 10-12-2020 08:28 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8821210)
I love that Fatcab GMC. never seen it's engine before. Just wow! Where did you catch that beauty, antique truck show?

Kirkland Ranch truck show years ago. Fantastic location for a show! Couple more pics.

special-K 10-12-2020 09:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for sharing. The owners of Kirkland Ranch are certainly truck people. Looks like a great local show of a good variety of quality vintage iron. Looks like they have a fine small fleet of yeller classics. Now I realize they host the ATHS Central Cal Chapter show. Probably one of the finest collections of all the chapters

Two weeks ago we had our 16th Tri-State show, four chapters. It probably takes four chapters from back here to cover the area the Central California Chapter covers. It should be called the Four state show since WVA doesn't have any chapters but the state line is not much more than a mile from the show. The nearby WVA guys belong to the Shenandoah Chapter. It's a 300+ truck show.

This was my favorite. This feller came from Louisiana, about 10 miles from the TX line near I-10. I'm sure glad he made the trip! Mighty fine job he did on it
Attachment 2054558
Attachment 2054559
Attachment 2054560

Mighty fine Peterbilt Bullnose
Attachment 2054562

And early Chevy Cabover
Attachment 2054563

I took over 100 pictures at that show
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=808441

72c20customcamper 10-12-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8821171)
That's one nice looking slice of pizza! The white-ish is mozzarella, right? I had grilled chicken thighs and a green salad. No pics, it's all been shoved down the hatch. :lol:

Yes mozzarella cheese. No meat just veggies

Ol Blue K20 10-12-2020 01:33 PM

Where's Kirkland ranch? It looks like a cool show.

yuccales 10-12-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8821413)
Where's Kirkland ranch? It looks like a cool show.

Outside of Plymouth. Beautiful place! I think they renamed the show and it has moved. It out grew the old setting I've been told.

yuccales 10-12-2020 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8821210)
I live that Fatcab GMC. never seen it's engine before. Just wow!

One more of the "business" side of that engine.

Andy4639 10-12-2020 09:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some pictures of a Tornado that touched down about 20 miles from us. It did so much damage and yet some stuff wasn't even touched. The factory in the pictures was destroyed but yet a good friends house is just across the street and not even a bush was out of place. Not even any debri in the yard.:chevy:

Ol Blue K20 10-13-2020 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 8821639)
Outside of Plymouth. Beautiful place! I think they renamed the show and it has moved. It out grew the old setting I've been told.

Thanks, I've never been to an antique truck show. I guess it's time I find one and go. Looks like fun.

FleetsidePaul 10-13-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8821406)
Yes mozzarella cheese. No meat just veggies

I am by no means a vegetarian but veggie pizza is my favorite. That one looks great.

When my wife and I first stated dating. The first time she came over to my place she brought a veggie pizza and was apologizing because she knew that I was big into barbecuing and smoking meats at the time.

I kept telling her that it was my favorite but she thought I was just saying that to make her feel better. But she found out later that I wasn't kidding. I prefer pizza with no meat. Just one of my weird quirks. For instance. I love bacon and I love hot dogs but I don't like bacon wrapped hot dogs. Weird. :crazy:

72c20customcamper 10-13-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8821901)
I am by no means a vegetarian but veggie pizza is my favorite. That one looks great.

When my wife and I first stated dating. The first time she came over to my place she brought a veggie pizza and was apologizing because she knew that I was big into barbecuing and smoking meats at the time.

I kept telling her that it was my favorite but she thought I was just saying that to make her feel better. But she found out later that I wasn't kidding. I prefer pizza with no meat. Just one of my weird quirks. For instance. I love bacon and I love hot dogs but I don't like bacon wrapped hot dogs. Weird. :crazy:

I'm far from vegetarian. But I dont overdo it with meats tend to eat more veggies now as I get older.

FleetsidePaul 10-13-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8821908)
I'm far from vegetarian. But I dont overdo it with meats tend to eat more veggies now as I get older.

Yeah. Meat doesn't go down like it used to. It's a drag.

I love steak. But it's not loving me lately. :barf:

special-K 10-13-2020 08:27 PM

I moderate the meats voluntarily in hopes of avoiding having a doctor tell he I have to cut any of them out. Same with all the known dietary pleasures now known to be not the best for our health.

Steeveedee 10-13-2020 11:08 PM

I got that high cholesterol talk many years ago from my doctor. I'm lucky in that I can still eat steak, even if it is only 2 -4 times a month. Hamburgers? If I have to restrict my red meat intake, they are goners! Now, after many years of a low saturated fat diet, ham and pork chops make me sick. I can eat spare ribs, barely, and they used to be my favorite meat. I still manage to gag down a little bacon, now and then! ;)

'63GENIII 10-14-2020 02:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Couple of shots from a ride I went on earlier this Summer. Up above Bear Valley Ski Resort. Was around 90 deg at 4500 - 5000 elevation. I was sucking wind by the first pic. This was looking down onto the resort from a mountain across the way. Looks a lot different without snow..

'63GENIII 10-14-2020 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The crew on this day.. Left to right, my sons best buddy, uncle Dave who, at 61 (10 years older than the oldest of us - me!) put a whoopin' on us all day long, my son and my good friend and instigator of all of our worst ideas...Rob. This was about an hour in through the most difficult and technical riding that I have ever done. At this point we had passed through 3 of the 8 rock gardens that had rocks the size of jagged basketballs that moved just as easily. I had wrecked twice by now. :lol:

'63GENIII 10-14-2020 02:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was a nice little "oasis" to come across. It was a cabin that IIRC was built in the late 1800s to give shelter to travelers, hunters or knuckleheads like us that were lost. There is a guestbook to sign and it is expected to leave something for the next visitor. We left some snack bars. The folks before us left pears.

Uncle Dave said he'd been there on the snow machine when they had to dig down to the 2nd story window to get in..

Dont know why the pic is sideways but you get the point. Its a lot of snow to get to the 2nd story!

'63GENIII 10-14-2020 02:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the caches inside...

'63GENIII 10-14-2020 02:39 AM

Gotta figure out the sideways pics thing before I go much further. Sorry guys:confused:

special-K 10-14-2020 05:24 AM

Great pictures, all of them, and a great time I'm sure. You can always spot those ski areas from as far as you can see. I'm surprised big bear doesn't help himself to the tasty morsels left behind.

1976gmc20 10-14-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '63GENIII (Post 8822164)
Couple of shots from a ride I went on earlier this Summer. Up above Bear Valley Ski Resort. Was around 90 deg at 4500 - 5000 elevation. I was sucking wind by the first pic. This was looking down onto the resort from a mountain across the way. Looks a lot different without snow..

Back in 1979 I cut a bunch of new ski trails at Telluride. That was at 10,000 to 11,500 feet! Steep too, I would tip the trees downhill and they would run 50 to 100 feet and take off most of the branches on the underside. I learned to cut three or four keeping them parallel and then go down and buck them up.

No pictures ... it was 40+ years ago ;)

LUV2XCLR8 10-15-2020 05:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vacation Pic

Zippi 10-15-2020 07:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Heading out yesterday morning to meet my wife at work so we could get our flu shots and this fellow pulls up next to me at the stop light. Nice looking Ole AD truck. Sounded like a healthy 350 sbc.

72supr 10-15-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 (Post 8822595)
Vacation Pic

Crazy Horse. Someday it will be finished but it’s gonna be many moons.Find Needles Hwy in the Hills if your looking for scenery.

yuccales 10-16-2020 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got passed by this bike gang while heading down the Grapevine many years ago. I was doing 50 when they took me out. Darn little scooters were all over the road. That granny lane had pot holes bigger then those bikes! :lol: