The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

davischevy 05-29-2018 10:27 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 8269676)
I’ve ridden dirt bikes my whole life. My ex’s uncle had a Shovelhead. I rode it once to the store to get some beer. That was my first and last experience on a street bike. I will never ride amongst cars again. No stress riding in the desert off road :metal:

My high school buddy and I were just talking about getting dirt bikes yesterday.

He still has a Harley but I traded mine for a Corvette. I used to be able to ride the backroads in the afternoon, but traffic has just gotten out of control.

Chevyland 05-30-2018 12:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8271178)
My high school buddy and I were just talking about getting dirt bikes yesterday.

He still has a Harley but I traded mine for a Corvette. I used to be able to ride the backroads in the afternoon, but traffic has just gotten out of control.

Larry,

Check these out
They are popular with the older crowd
Can ride on the street or in the woods
And
There is quite a following
With a great bunch of guys on a forum
http://tw200forum.com/

Very similar in camaraderie to here

leddzepp 05-30-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8271268)
Larry,

Check these out
They are popular with the older crowd
Can ride on the street or in the woods
And
There is quite a following
With a great bunch of guys on a forum
http://tw200forum.com/

Very similar in camaraderie to here

The TW 200 Yamaha was my first enduro (1987)...loved that bike. Wish I still had it :(

Dustmaker65 05-30-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 8271599)
The TW 200 Yamaha was my first enduro (1987)...loved that bike. Wish I still had it :(

I rode Yamaha's in the late 70's - early 80's. I raced IT125 and IT175's. I don't remember the TW 200??? Before the Yammies I rode Hodaka's, ACE 100 and Road Toad 100's. Them were the days!

special-K 05-31-2018 06:01 AM

Back in that same time I was riding an IT250 in the dirt.

Not mine, but a picture I found of one like it

http://www.chinonthetank.com/wp-cont.../09/photo1.jpg

flashed 05-31-2018 07:04 AM

When I was a kid there was a guy that rode near our house on a Bulltaca or similar name , not much on Bikes but that was a monster bike and very impressive .

davischevy 05-31-2018 10:44 AM

I got my first motorcycle when I was 14. Does anybody remember Bridgestone? That was really good little motorcycle.

I have never owned a dirt bike. I blew my brothers up. I tried to be honest about it.

I was very candid about breaking his motorcycle, and that he wouldn't be able to ride it until he got it fixed. :lol:

Dieselwrencher 05-31-2018 04:53 PM

I never got into motorcycles. I probably could have a whole pile of them compared to what my truck and car habit costs. :lol:

On a bike note, my daughter started riding her pedal bike without training wheels last weekend. Her and I went on her very first bike ride. I was really nervous when we came upon the down side of some hills. I'm glad she listened and used her brakes. her bike has no levers for the brakes it's in the pedal assembly. It might be time to upgrade her again to a bike with good brakes.

davischevy 05-31-2018 11:22 PM

My grandson started riding Saturday without training wheels so My wife bought him a new bigger bike.

special-K 06-03-2018 10:02 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I look at used later model trucks for sale on some sites, and was looking at my favorites on one. Just for fun I added up what the five trucks cost combined and it was $40k. I think it's interesting to see what you can get used, and decent, compared to one new base pickup.

V6 140k
Attachment 1789944
V6 105k
Attachment 1789945
6.0 75k
Attachment 1789946
6.0 130k
Attachment 1789947
6.0 105k
Attachment 1789948

Boog 06-03-2018 10:09 AM

Yeah, sticker shock changes my mind every time I look at a new one. I've got a lot of years on me but I remember when a new truck was under $4,000. Today's vehicles have some gadgets on em but DANG!

Ol Blue K20 06-03-2018 10:47 AM

Sticker shock is why I decided to refurbish my V3500. I can make it nice again and have a lot of money left over for gas.

flashed 06-03-2018 10:57 AM

Those V6 trucks get terrible gas mileage , we have 2 at my work . I just bought a 97 extended cab 3/4 ton 4X4 truck with a camper shell on it since new with only 64,000 one owner miles for $7000 cash ,power everything and looks and drives like new . Man I love this truck , no rattles ,nice white paint , just wish it had a rubber mat instead of carpet .I had wanted a 4 door 4x4 truck until I saw the prices on them .

davischevy 06-03-2018 02:55 PM

We just bought a 2001 K 2500 4 door 8.1 engine with leather interior and the works, from the dealer that sold it new with 62,000 miles for $11,250. the crew that was driving it is working back in town now so my son-in-law parked his new RAM Cummins and started driving this one.

we bought an 02 single Cab V6 the other day with 54,000 miles for $4,750.

Special K, how much did they want for that red one?

Boog 06-03-2018 03:38 PM

There is a pretty nice looking ford for sale here and just out of curiosity I stopped in and checked the sign. It's a 97 3/4 ton 4wd extended cab long bed, powerstroke with well over 100,000 miles with $18,000 on the window. I'm not shopping for a ford but I wanted to see what there was to it. Thankfully the print was big enough I didn't have to get out of my truck.
I'm giving thought to buying a 90's to early 20's GMC or Chevy with diesel or big block for occasional towing duty, spare vehicle.

special-K 06-03-2018 03:52 PM

I didn't realize the V6s sucked gas. I was hoping they did upper teens-20 mpg. I'd really like to find a 4.8 powered shortbed reg cab 4wd...or 2wd. I know the 2wds do good on gas and plenty of Mini Mouse pep. I'm looking as an alternative to downsized trucks like S10s and Tacomas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8274110)
Special K, how much did they want for that red one?

I'm not telling :devil:

That's a '99 with 130k for $5,500 in MT. I knew you'd like it.

Boog 06-03-2018 04:21 PM

That's a real good looking GMC Tim. I wonder what's wrong with it for that price..

davischevy 06-03-2018 10:21 PM

I've gone to MT before after trucks. I'll be close in a month.

special-K 06-04-2018 06:29 AM

So you can pick it up for me? :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8274166)
That's a real good looking GMC Tim. I wonder what's wrong with it for that price..

Probably just age. It's 18 years old. And it's in Montana

davischevy 06-08-2018 10:22 AM

My wife had been after me for several weeks to varnish the wooden seat on our toilet.

Finally, I got around to doing it while Judy was out. After finishing, I left to take care of another matter before she returned.

She came in and undressed to take a shower. Before getting in the shower, she sat on the toilet. As she tried to stand up, she realized that the not-quite-dry epoxy paint had glued her to the toilet seat. About that time, I got home and realized her predicament.

We both pushed and pulled without any success whatsoever. Finally, in desperation, I undid the toilet seat bolts. Judy wrapped a sheet around herself and I drove her to the hospital emergency room.

The ER Doctor got her into a position where he could study how to free her (Try to get a mental picture of this.) Judy tried to lighten the embarrassment of it all by saying, "Well, Doctor, I'll bet you've never seen anything like this before."

The Doctor replied, "Actually, I've seen lots of them. I've just never seen one mounted and framed."

Ol Blue K20 06-08-2018 11:56 AM

Lol! !!!

Boog 06-08-2018 12:36 PM

Oh thats good Larry.

davischevy 06-08-2018 08:12 PM

She's single, she's hot and She lives right across the street and I can see her place from my kitchen window!

I watched as she got home from work this evening. I was surprised
when she walked across the street, up my driveway and knocked on
the door!

I opened the door, she looked at me and said: "I just got home, and
I have this strong urge to go dancing and drinking, and maybe fool
around a little..you know, have some fun. Are you doing anything
tonight?"

I quickly replied: "Nope, I'm free!"

"Great!" she said.
"Can you look after my dog?"

special-K 06-09-2018 06:43 AM

There was a gal in my homeroom in HS that I was so taken by I never said a word to her. And I never had an issue talking with girls. I think she had a crush on me too, because finally that spring one day, from out of the blue, she asked me if I could watch her dog while she went out of town for the weekend.

So, I had to come to her house, meet her folks, to get Sebastian. He was a big old shaggy sheep dog and we hung out all weekend. The rest of the story is, this was the icebreaker that brought us to dating. It was a great relationship. She moved an hour or so away and we kept it up. She went off to college in CO. I went out there for a while, but traveled around some and we ended up going our separate ways.

Next time a gal asks me to watch her dog I'll do it...if she appeals to me. This woman across the street will need to come pick her dog up once she's done dealing with all the losers at the bar. All primed up, coming back to her beloved friend... and you, that nice selfless and considerate man who is too good to be wasting his time on a bar stool. Hmmm................

davischevy 06-11-2018 09:02 PM

Me, "How's the new girlfriend?".

Freddie, "Say's she's ready to walk down the isle.".

Me, "What did you do?".

Freddie, "Sent her grocery shopping.".