The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=401176)

etg 12-07-2010 04:06 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

I'll try and snap some with my phone after I work out the bugs today. It's binding and won't pull smoothly.

bfay17 12-07-2010 04:39 PM

Licensed and registered my 70 3/4 ton long box. Plus got the rear bumper ready to go on :metal:

magwakeenercew2jh 12-07-2010 09:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Third meeting with the glass guy today. The rear glass STILL isn't in.
I live in the boonies and it costs real money every time he comes. Missing parts again today.

Put the glove box door on with the early sixties emblem to cover a boo-boo I made while mounting the stock one. sealed up some stuff underneath. almost finished plumbing the '71 tank into the '68 cab.

As a sidebar: I was getting highly frustrated at every turn. Then I remembered: "This is supposed to be fun!".

I've dropped my sights, and have decided to go rat-rod for now. I'm going to post about it and put some more pics in a new thread about the budget.

But for now, I'm just going to try to take it slower and have more fun. Paint can wait. Hey!, nice chant: "Paint Can Wait".

kcsa75 12-07-2010 09:36 PM

Where did you get those white gauges?

Hubscrub 12-07-2010 09:59 PM

started it just to let it run for alittle while

oldblue1968chevy 12-07-2010 10:13 PM

drove the wheels off of it!!!

etg 12-07-2010 10:31 PM

Made a thread about the hood latch ratrod. Here's the link
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=434616

glider_6969 12-07-2010 10:46 PM

not exactly today but the past weekend. Finally got the truck back from paint,,:four: looks awesome I'm glad I picked the colour choices. Started to put some of the lights and mirrors, door handles back on and the rear bumper. I finished staining the wood in the box and clear coated with a marine grade clear. The wood was original, what a pain to sand down that was:dohh:. Sorry guys haven't had a chance to update here with pics yet will do as soon as I get more stuff back on it. Can't wait to show it off and get some feed back from here.:gmc2:

bif 12-08-2010 12:08 AM

Took out the 180 thermostat put in 195 thermostat heats a bit better on these cool southern new Mexico morn ins the 3row aluminum radiator keeps it cool. 69 long wide 75 350 3 on the floor. NRA member always packing

magwakeenercew2jh 12-08-2010 12:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsa75 (Post 4337395)
Where did you get those white gauges?

They are "decals" from whitegauges.com (I think that's the right way to spell it). Reasonable. Good people and easy to install.

magwakeenercew2jh 12-08-2010 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops!

http://www.whitegauges.net

Here they are before the tach.

Frank71 12-13-2010 01:32 AM

Just installed a hidden hitch from early classics enterprises. Simple install, fast shipping, great people to work with.:metal:

Jacfourteen 12-13-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh (Post 4337856)
They are "decals" from whitegauges.com (I think that's the right way to spell it). Reasonable. Good people and easy to install.

I installed the same kit, real easy and looks good!

Jacfourteen 12-13-2010 02:20 AM

I Changed my valve cover gaskets and put my bed back on.

RenoKeene 12-13-2010 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pulled the old fuel and brake lines off of Shorty, removed the engine stands, stripped the hardware off the doors, pulled the emergency brake mech, visors & clips and rear view mirror from the cab. Drank a beer and stared at my pile of stuff....this is going to make a great truck! Also decoded the VIN....it's a 69' :metal:

Mxracer202 12-13-2010 01:38 PM

FINALLY got my engine hoist!!! and a stand all for $110 ive been waiting for this so i can finally start on the spare I6 thats gonna be put in my 67 for a while, took a ton of pics but have yet to load them on, pulled the old farmer tires off, got some used ones for free just so she can "ROLL'' :) getting the tires ready to be mounted on my slots, made good progress yesterday in a short time. just need more money...dont we all. well i think im ready to start a build thread! maybe later tonight! other than the motor tipping in the back of the truck and puking oil everywhere it was a good day.

quick question. ok so i cant decode the engine number ive looked ALOT and its kind of frustrating all i remember off the top of my head is it ends in THS and came off of a 70's ish suburban. and it has 6'' side covers so is it a for SURE 292??

nickp51chevy 12-13-2010 03:06 PM

I swapped carbs the other day to an earlier Qjet. I didn't like how it ran so I put the later Qjet back on this morning. I know not exciting, but it's what I did. I plan on driving it later :)

60ratrod 12-13-2010 03:47 PM

You ever get the lean figured out nick?
Posted via Mobile Device

rondog4416 12-13-2010 07:48 PM

i picked up a set of buckets seats,center console,overhead console,and 2nd row seat out of a 99 burb for my 68 burb

Kidd-7 12-13-2010 08:02 PM

Picked up a rebuilt QJet; waiting for my headers & intake to come back.

justagoodolboy 12-13-2010 09:59 PM

I got a tilt steering column today. A guy I know told me he had one and that I could have it for $30 if I pulled it, so I went and got it. The truck didn't have an engine and bottom of the column was already apart so I just hopped into the engine bay and yanked it. Then I went over my bed with 220 grit sandpaper getting ready to prime and found 3 more dings where I need filler. GRRRRR! I thought I was done but I guess not.

And my bed and radiator support mounting kits came from GMC Paul's. We're not real busy at work so I've been working on my truck all this month. It's great to have full days to work on it and to see progress but some days I do feel a little overwhelmed.At least the main body work is done and hopefully I'll shoot color on the inner fenders and firewall and set my cab back on this week. That should get me motivated.

nickp51chevy 12-14-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60ratrod (Post 4347717)
You ever get the lean figured out nick?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know. I don't think I did but I might be running rich now. I could use some help getting it tuned right.;)

Valhalla 12-14-2010 01:17 AM

got my front and rear 13 inch brakes, painted the calipers and rotor hats. Placed an order for my new axles.

60ratrod 12-14-2010 03:05 AM

Well if you were runnin an edelbrock carb i could help ya out. Ain't so good with the quadrapuke
Posted via Mobile Device

bif 12-14-2010 09:50 AM

Changed the oil and filter
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device